On this page:
- Definition of the noun zigzag
- Definition of the adjective zigzag
- Definition of the adverb zigzag
- Definition of the verb zigzag
- Phrases with Zigzag
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zigzag
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zigzag
- Usage statistics about zigzag
- Photos about Zigzag
- Videos about Zigzag
- Quotes about Zigzag
- Scrabble value of Z10I1G2Z10A1G2
- Anagrams of ZIGZAG
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun zigzag
What does zigzag mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: zigzags
- an angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions
Definition of the adjective zigzag
What does zigzag mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more zigzag / zigzagger |
Alternative definition of the adjective zigzag
- Moving in, or having a zigzag.
Definition of the adverb zigzag
What does zigzag mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- in a zigzag course or on a zigzag path
- example: birds flew zigzag across the blue sky
Definition of the verb zigzag
What does zigzag mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: zigzagged, zigzagging
- travel along a zigzag path
- examples: The river zigzags through the countryside | They zigzag up the hill
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula there [Verb] [Theme, indefinite] [Path Preposition] [Location] There jumped a little white rabbit out of the box there [Verb] [Path Preposition] [Location, concrete] [Theme, indefinite] There jumped out of the box a little white rabbit [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] He skated Penny | Tom jumped the horse [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Adjective] Bill rolled the drawer open | He rode her seasick | He skated Penny exhausted | Tom walked the dog exhausted [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] to / into [Oblique, state] Bill rolled the drawer to an open position | He rode her to sickness | He skated Penny to exhaustion | Tom walked the dog to exhaustion [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Spatial Preposition] [Location] Tom jumped the horse over the fence [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] The horse jumped [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Location, concrete] The horse jumped the stream [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Oblique 1] to / into [Oblique 2, state] Claire skated her skates blades to shreds | She waltzed herself to sickness | We walked ourselves into a state of exhaustion [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Oblique 1] [Path Preposition] [Oblique 2] Tom ran the soles off his shoes [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Spatial Preposition] [Location] The horse jumped over the fence [Path Preposition] [Location] [Verb] [Theme] Out of the box jumped a little white rabbit
Verbs of Motion (with the same syntax): amble, backpack, bolt, bounce, bound, bowl, canter, carom, cavort, charge, clamber, climb, clump, coast, crawl, creep, dart, dash, dodder, drift, file, flit, float, fly, frolic, gallop, gambol, glide, goose step, hasten, hike, hobble, hop, hurry, hurtle, inch, jog, journey, jump, leap, limp, lollop, lope, lumber, lurch, march, meander, mince, mosey, nip, pad, parade, perambulate, plod, prance, promenade, prowl, race, ramble, roam, roll, romp, rove, run, rush, sashay, saunter, scamper, scoot, scram, scramble, scud, scurry, scuttle, shamble, shuffle, sidle, skedaddle, skip, skitter, skulk, sleepwalk, slide, slink, slither, slog, slouch, sneak, somersault, speed, stagger, step, stomp, stray, streak, stride, stroll, strut, stumble, stump, swagger, sweep, swerve, swim, tack, tear, tiptoe, toddle, toil, totter, tour, traipse, tramp, travel, trek, troop, trot, trudge, trundle, vault, waddle, wade, walk, wander, weave, whiz, zoom.
- lexical domain: Motions - verbs of walking, flying, swimming
- synonym of zigzag: crank
- more generic words: go / locomote / move / travel = change location
- entailment: turn = change orientation or direction, also in the abstract sense
Who is Zigzag?
ZigZag a.k.a. KaW: Kyle Andrew Ward, is an American electronic music composer from Vancouver, Washington who produces songs in many different genres, including dance, techno, trance, happy hardcore, and drum and bass. He is best known for his music in rhythm video games such as In The Groove and Pump It Up Pro.
- read more about KaW
ZigZag is a musical group.
- album: "Världsvisor"
ZIGZAG is a record label.
- Zigzag a.k.a. Ricky is a fictional character from the 2003 film Holes.
- read more about Ricky
- ZigZag is a fictional film character.
"Zigzag" is a book by James Archibald Houston.
- "Zigzag" a.k.a. "Zig Zag" is a 2002 film directed by David S. Goyer, based on the 1999 novel by Landon J. Napoleon.
- read more about Zig Zag
- "ZigZag" is a 2009 film directed by Majid Tavakkoli.
- "Zigzag" is a musical album of Celer.
- released on
- "ZigZag" is a musical album of Dimie Cat.
- "ZIGZAG" is a composition.
- music by 田島勝朗
- "ZigZag" is a musical album of Egberto Gismonti Trio.
Zigzag a.k.a. Zigzag, Oregon: Zigzag is an unincorporated community in Clackamas County, Oregon, United States. It is located within the Mount Hood Corridor, between Rhododendron and Welches on U.S. Route 26. The community is part of a local type of government called a village as one of the communities making up the Villages at Mount Hood, which stretches from the border of Sandy to Government Camp.
- read more about Zigzag, Oregon
- Zigzag: A zigzag is a pattern made up of small corners at variable angles, though constant within the zigzag, tracing a path between two parallel lines; it can be described as both jagged and fairly regular.
- ZigZag was a British rock music magazine. It was started by Pete Frame and the first edition rolled off the printing presses on 16 April 1969. The magazine was noted for its thorough interviews, well-researched articles, innovative "rock family trees" by Frame, and support for American songwriters such as Michael Nesmith, Mickey Newbury, Gene Clark, etc.
- ZigZag is Ted Nelson's trademark on a data model he has designed for computer interaction, both for users and between programs. The design is centered on an information structure called a zzstructure and its interactive visualizations. Nelson's stated goal is on one hand a platform for the Project Xanadu hypertext and on the other a complete computing system built on new conventions. Instead of the conventional textual formats and tree structures, zzstructure is a multidimensional extension of a spreadsheet whose cells can contain various kinds of data.
- developer: Ted Nelson
Phrases with Zigzag
Phrases starting with the word Zigzag:
- Zigzag Eel
- Zigzag Iris
- Zigzag Brake
- Zigzag Heron
- Zigzag Clover
- Zigzag Darner
- Zigzag Scallop
- Zigzag Knotweed
- Zigzag Larkspur
Phrases ending with the word Zigzag:
- Sasa Zigzag
- Eurya Zigzag
- Oliva Zigzag
- Agrilus Zigzag
- Bagauda Zigzag
- Cubaris Zigzag
- Elasmus Zigzag
- Aconitum Zigzag
- Bistorta Zigzag
- Pangonia Zigzag
- Commelina Zigzag
View more phrases with the word Zigzag in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zigzag
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The A to Z Desktop Reference of Photoshop by Philip Andrews
Menu: Filter > Distort > ZigZag Shortcut: – Version: 6.0, 7.0, CS,CS2, CS3, CS4 See also: Filters The ZigZag filter, as one of the group of Distort filters, simulates up and down waves such as pond ripples. The dialog contains controls that adjust ...
The block stitches featured here create attractive, smoothly stitched surfaces with a regular zigzag pattern. They are suitable for filling background areas and large shapes. They look best when worked on a small scale over a large area so that ...
by Rosalind Carey, John Ongley
ZIGZAG THEORY. The discovery of Russell's paradox and other contradictions shows Russell the danger in assuming that any property or propositional function defines a class of entities possessing that property. Like other strategies for ...
by Joel G. Siegel, Jae K. Shim, Anique A. Qureshi, Jeffrey Brauchler
ZIGZAG CHART The zigzag indicator presents major (not insignificant) up or down changes when plotting the price of a security. The final “leg” shown in a zigzag chart can change due to changes in the underlying plot. A change in stock price ...
by Martha Stewart Living Magazine
A machine-sewn zigzag stitch is one of the easiest ways to adornstore-bought sheets and pillowcases.Here multicolored rowsof stitching add subtledetail to a flat sheetand pillowcases. Re-create thelook shown here or choose other colorsof ...
Zigzag. G. zikzack, Fr. zigzag, Pol. zygzag. Commonly called an ...
by James A. Schwarz, Cristian I. Contescu, Karol Putyera
Zigzag SWNTs The isolated (n,0) zigzag SWNTs so far are the most intensely studied nanotubes by theory, because they not only have smaller unit cells than ...
noltl'izh, a zigzag line.
by Ari Ben-Menahem
Mark the midpoint of AC, BC, AB at E, D, F respectively and draw the 4-segment zigzag line AEFDB whose length is again 20 units. Repeat this process to each of the triangles AEF and FDB, thus producing a new 8-segment zigzag line of total ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zigzag
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about zigzag
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb zigzag:
Photos about Zigzag
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: onnoweb
Photo credit: Sam Town
Photo credit: luisar
Photo credit: tuchodi
Photo credit: qnr
Photo credit: Ray Sawhill
Photo credit: Studio Mohawk
Dunas de Corralejo, La Oliva, Fuerteventura.
Photo credit: rvr
Photo credit: DaraKero_F
Photo credit: 李伯舜
Photo credit: Feans
- The Zigzag Path
Photo credit: foilman
- Hiking the mountain ridge towards the Zigzag.
Photo credit: theowoo
- Zigzag inscription
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Zigzag downhill
Photo credit: wolcottsworld
- Zigzag Ramp
Photo credit: mikecogh
View more pictures about Zigzag Salamander.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Zigzag
Click on an item to play that video:
- Zigzag Meaning
Video shows what zigzag means. a line or path that proceeds by sharp turns in alternating directions. one of such sharp turns. Zigzag Meaning. How to ...
- Zigzag Meaning
Video shows what Zigzag means. a small town in Oregon. Zigzag Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Zigzag. Powered by ...
Quotes about Zigzag
You never know a line is zigzag until you put a straight line against it.
more quotes about zigzag...
Scrabble value of Z10I1G2Z10A1G2
The value of this 6-letter word is 26 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ZIGZAG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Zigzag!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Zigzag to see it in context!