On this page:
- Definition of the noun world war
- Phrases with World War
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for World War
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for World War
- Photos about World War
- Video language resources about World War
- Quotes about World War
- Anagrams of WORLD WAR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun world war
What does world war mean as a name of something?
- a war in which the major nations of the world are involved
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic words: war / warfare = the waging of armed conflict against an enemy
- First World War / War to End War / World War 1 / World War I / Great War = a war between the allies (Russia, France, British Empire, Italy, United States, Japan, Rumania, Serbia, Belgium, Greece, Portugal, Montenegro) and the Central Powers (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Turkey, Bulgaria) from 1914 to 1918
- Second World War / World War II / World War 2 = a war between the Allies (Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iran, Iraq, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States, USSR, Yugoslavia) and the Axis (Albania, Bulgaria, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Rumania, Slovakia, Thailand) from 1939 to 1945
- "World War" is a composition.
- "World War" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "World War" is a musical album of Hleger.
- released on
- "World War" is a musical album of Natural Black.
"World War" is a video game.
- genre: Role-playing video game
- World War a.k.a. World War I, also known as the First World War or the Great War, was a global war centred in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918.
- read more about World War I
- World war: A world war is a war involving some of the world's most powerful and populous countries. World wars span multiple countries on multiple continents, with battles fought in multiple theaters.
- also known as 世界大戰
Phrases with World War
Phrases starting with World War:
Phrases ending with World War:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for World War
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The War against Germany and Italy by Anne Sharp Wells
War Maps: World War II from September 1939 to August 1945—Air, Sea, and Land, Battle by Battle. New York: St. Martin's, ...
An Encyclopedia by Spencer C. Tucker
Naval operations conducted on a truly global basis were critical in the outcome of World War II. Unlike fighting on land, the struggle at sea proceeded more or less according to expectations. In September 1939, Allied naval superiority was ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for World War
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about World War
Click on an item to view that photo:
World War Two Squadron
View more pictures about World War One.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about World War
Click on an item to play that video:
- -Martyr- 2012 Musical Definition No Self Pitty no World war
- A Review of The Meaning of the Second World War
- World war Meaning
Video shows what world war means. A war involving the major nations of the world.. World war Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Second World War Meaning
Video shows what Second World War means. World War II.. Second World War Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Second ...
- The New World War : Revolutionary Methods for Political Control : Description
- World War Toons E3 Trailer (description)
See also the pronunciation examples of World War!
Quotes about World War
We've committed many war crimes in Vietnam - but I'll tell you something interesting about that. We were committing war crimes in World War II, before the Nuremberg trials were held and the principle of war crimes was stated. (George Wald)
Anagrams of WORLD WAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of World War!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of World War to see it in context!