Visitor appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- The jukebox music puzzled a gentle visitor from a quaint valley town. (57 letters)
On this page:
- Definition of the noun visitor
- Phrases with Visitor
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Visitor
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Visitor
- Photos about Visitor
- Video language resources about Visitor
- Sign language
- Quotes about Visitor
- Scrabble value of V4I1S1I1T1O1R1
- Anagrams of VISITOR
- Share this page
Visitor is sometimes a misspelling of visited.
The word visitor is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun visitor
What does visitor mean as a name of something?
Visitor is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: visitors
- someone who visits
- examples: The visitor sat across from me. | You should prepare a room for the visitor. | When the visitor entered the room, we stood to greet him. | The visitor has gone away five minutes before you came back. | A visitor has kept me busy till now. | I had no visitor today. | The visitor asked the class a question. | Knowing very well that his wife wanted to go to a movie, the husband, who was a dog in the manger, cooked up a scheme whereby they had to stay at home waiting for a certain visitor who was not expected to come. | The whole town accorded a hearty welcome to the visitor. | I'm sorry to have kept you waiting long. A visitor has kept me busy till now.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of visitor: visitant
- more generic words: traveler / traveller = a person who changes location
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun visitor
- [British] An overseer of some institutions such as cathedrals, colleges and hospitals etc.
"Visitor" a.k.a. "The Visitor" is a 2007 American drama film written and directed by Thomas McCarthy and produced by Michael London and Mary Jane Skalski. Executive producers were Jeff Skoll and Omar Amanat. The screenplay focuses on a lonely man in late middle age whose life changes when he is forced to face issues relating to identity, immigration, and cross-cultural communication in post-9/11 New York City.
- also known as 不速之客
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, French, Arabic Language, Romanian Language
- producers: Michael London, Mary Jane Skalski, John Woldenberg
- executive producers: Omar Amanat, Chris Salvaterra, Jeffrey Skoll & Ricky Strauss
- production design by John Paino
- art direction by Len X. Clayton
- written by Thomas McCarthy
- Richard Jenkins as Walter
- Haaz Sleiman as Tarek
- Danai Gurira as Zainab
- Hiam Abbass as Mouna
- Marian Seldes as Barbara
- Michael Cumpsty as Charles
- Bill McHenry as Darin
- Richard Kind as Jacob
- Tzahi Moskovitz as Zev
- Amir Arison as Mr. Shah
- Neal Lerner as Martin Revere
- Waleed Zuaiter as Omar
- Laith Nakli as Nasim
- Walter Mudu as Ronald Cole
- Earl Baker Jr. as Lester James
- Frank Pando as Cop #2
- Maggie Moore as Karen
- Ramon Fernandez as Cop #1
- Deborah Rush as Upper Eastside Woman
- Ashley Springer as Student
- Jacqueline Brogan as Waiter
- Yevgeniy Dekhtyar as Slavic Man
- Walter the Dog as Sprinkles the Dog
- Bandar Albuliwi as Man in subway
- Michael Bennett as Conference Attendee
- Brother Eden Douglas as Airport Security Guard
- Hristo Hristov as Detainee
- Waléra Kanischtscheff as Cabbie
- Jesus A. Del Rosario Jr. as Park Drummer
- casting by Kerry Barden, Stéphane Foenkinos, Billy Hopkins, Paul Schnee, Suzanne Smith
- cinematography by Oliver Bokelberg
- edited by Tom McArdle
- music by Jan A. P. Kaczmarek
- costume design by Melissa Toth
- set decoration by Kim Chapman
- location: New York City
- genres: Romance Film, Crime Fiction, Music, Drama
- tagline: Connection is everything
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (7 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Academy Award for Best Actor (Role: Walter) nomination for Richard Jenkins
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actor nomination for Richard Jenkins
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama (Role: Walter Vale) nomination for Richard Jenkins
- Satellite Award for Best Director nomination for Thomas McCarthy
- Satellite Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Thomas McCarthy
- Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Feature Film nomination for Thomas McCarthy, Mary Jane Skalski, Michael London
- Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Ensemble Performance nomination for Richard Jenkins, Danai Gurira, Hiam Abbass & Haaz Sleiman
- Satellite Award for Best Overall DVD nomination for Anchor Bay Entertainment
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama (Role: Walter Vale), received by Richard Jenkins
- Satellite Award for Best Original Screenplay, received by Thomas McCarthy
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Director nomination for Thomas McCarthy
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead nomination for Richard Jenkins
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male nomination for Haaz Sleiman
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role (Role: Walter Vale ) nomination for Richard Jenkins
- David di Donatello for Best Foreign Film nomination for Thomas McCarthy
- Writers Guild of America Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Thomas McCarthy
- NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Independent Motion Picture
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Director, received by Thomas McCarthy
- Visitor is a fictional character from the 2012 film Learning Uncle Vincent.
- Visitor is a fictional character from the 2012 film To the Wonder.
- Visitor is a fictional character from the 1967 film Soleil O.
- Visitor is a fictional character from the 1976 film The Smurfs and the Magic Flute.
- "Visitor" is a musical EP of Nina Kinert.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Visitor": The first full length album by American artist onelinedrawing.
- "Visitor" a.k.a. "Visitör" is a musical album of Visitör.
- released on (21 years ago)
- "Visitor" is a musical album of Eraldo Bernocchi.
- released on
- "Visitor" is a composition.
- music by Yasuhisa Watanabe
- "Visitor" is a musical album of Dadafon.
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Visitor" is a musical album of Visitor.
- Visitor a.k.a. Visitör is a musical group.
- album: "Visitör"
- Visitor is a musical artist.
- Visitor is a musical group.
- Visitor is a musical group.
Visitor is a record label.
Visitor: A Visitor, in English and Welsh law and history, is an overseer of an autonomous ecclesiastical or eleemosynary institution, often a charitable institution set up for the perpetual distribution of the founder's alms and bounty, who can intervene in the internal affairs of that institution. Those with such Visitors are mainly cathedrals, chapels, schools, colleges, universities, and hospitals.
Phrases with Visitor
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Visitor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Pinkerton
The visitor is the bishop of Winchester. Jesus college is situate opposite to Exeter college in the parish of St. Michael. The society has bred several right reverend prelates : David Powell, the antiquary and historian, Thomas Powell, James ...
Herald of Health (1870)
The Visitor is the cheapest, most cheerful, widc-awako, and best Illustrated Young Folks' Monthly in the world. Subscribers easily...
A Collection of Voyages and Travels, Consisting of Authentic Writers in Our Own Tongue,... And Continued with Others of Note, that Have Published Histories, Voyages,... Relating to Any Part of the Continent of Asia, Africa, America, Europe,... And with a Great Variety of Cuts, Prospects, Ruins, Maps, and Charts. Compiled from the Curious and Valuable Library of the Late Earl of Oxford,... (1745)
The visitor is the bishop of Winehesler. This college is situate opposite to Exeteryffl, cal. college in the parish of St. Mchael. lege. This society has bred several right reverend prelates : David Powell, the antiquary and historian, Thomas Po-well, ...
Comprising a Complete List of the Newspapers and Other Periodicals Published in the United States and British America; Also the Prominent European and Australian Newspapers by Pettengill, S.M. & co
The Visitor is a good advertising medium, aa it has an increasing circulation among a class who take no other paper. S. M. Pettengill & Co., Advertising Agents, New York, Boston, and Philadelphia. LO\<: isi,\\n Courier, Long Inland City ...
Biscuit Meets the Class Pet (2011)
by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
A visitor means a new friend for Biscuit, everyone’s favorite puppy!
Volume 45 - Supplement 10: Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, Second Edition to Vocabularies for Online Subject Searching by Allen Kent
A business visitor is a person who is invited to enter or remain on land for a purpose directly or indirectly connected with...
The Crow and His Boy (2011)
by Doug Trottier
One frequent visitor is a psychiatrist, Dr. Freiderick Logan of Norwich, Vermont, who's in private practice in the Hanover-Lebanon area. The Right College students take this to ...
A Critical Study of the Growth of a Genre by Tim Kane
Finally, our third visitor is a young man or woman, not much di›erent from the teenagers who roam our high schools. Only this teen's face will transform into a misshapen demonic visage when preparing to attack. This vampire will bare fangs, ...
Tourism and the Tourism Industry in Varna, Bulgaria by Carla Bethmann
One thing immediately apparent to any visitor is that the city's retail landscape is highly diversified. Little shops and boutiques lining the streets, stalls and booths in open-air markets and on sidewalks, and large shopping malls, superstores, ...
The Infinity Link (2015)
by Jeffrey A. Carver
If that's not clear enough—” “It's not clear,” said Hathorne, “that attacking our first interstellar visitor is the best way toprotect Earth and itspeople.” “We have nointention of attacking,” the general said coldly. “We're simply prepared fordefense, ...
Accrington Visitor (Accrington) Adviser Alliance News (Manchester) Ami de la Maison .
embracing famous characters and historic events ... written concisely and arr. alphabetically by John Franklin Jameson
A visitor, to be welcome must be considerate of the time of the visited, the household routine, etc., so as to avoid jar. This is especially necessary as to hours of eating, sleeping, and other home regulations. Propositions to walk, ride or ...
VISITOR TRACKING: Establishes sign-in procedures to cover the “reception, tracking, and hosting of visitors” at a health care or medical facility; for certain access, “escort” codes or passwords may be provided. VISTA©: Windows©- based ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Visitor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Visitor
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: likeaduck
@ Hunas Falls
Photo credit: Shehan Obeysekera
A visitor of the CCH when Dalai Lama gave audience in Hamburg.
Photo credit: oimel
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
CONTACT: [email protected]
Photo credit: 'Drimagez' - 'RaDrimagez'
Photo credit: charlesroper
Kiasma - Museum of Contemporary Art - Helsinki
Photo credit: Markus Trienke
Photo credit: Michel Curi
Photo credit: akigabo
- Visitor parking
Please attribute this photo with the following credit line and URL:
Photo by MyParkingSign.com
Photo credit: SmartSignBrooklyn
- A Welcomed Visitor
The Trace @ Home
Photo credit: Kylie_Jaxxon
- Visitor Centre
Photo credit: GoToVan
- Visitor's Runway
Runway behind the visitor's dugout, very dark and gloomy. They sent us down here accidentally, it was an adventure.
Photo credit: Eric Kilby
- Visitor Residence - kithcen
Photo credit: Roots & Wings International
Photo credit: Gytha69
Photo credit: Gytha69
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Visitor
Click on an item to play that video:
- A Visitor From Another Meaning feat. Fred Ventura - Neon Lights
Great New Release by Fred Ventura & Alden Tyrell!!
- A Visitor From Another Meaning - HILLS OF HONOLULU
ALDEN TYRELL as A Visitor From Another Meaning...
- A Visitor From Another Meaning - The Rising
Alden Tyrell's alter ego A Visitor From Another Meaning's great track 'The Rising' which appeared alongside 'Hills Of Honolulu' on this 2004 release on the ...
- A Visitor From Another Meaning feat. Fred Ventura - Neon Lights (Instrumental)
- A VISITOR FROM ANOTHER MEANING FEAT FRED VENTURA NEON LIGHTS (Juanfran)
- Visitor Meaning
Video shows what visitor means. Someone who visits someone else; someone staying as a guest.. Someone who pays a visit to a specific place or event; ...
- Visitor Meaning
Video shows what Visitor means. An overseer of some institutions such as cathedrals, colleges and hospitals etc.. Visitor Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Star visitor Meaning
Video shows what star visitor means. An extraterrestrial person from a different star system than ours.. Star visitor Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Visitor center holds special meaning for some
New laws, 100 million and a decade of work-- that's what it took to build one visitor center.
- (BNI Specific) Definition of a Visitor
2:50 on the difference between a visitor and a guest, for "visitor's day".
- Learning from Museums Visitor Experiences and the Making of Meaning American Association
Learning from Museums Visitor Experiences and the Making of Meaning American Association Donwload Here ...
- Learning from Museums Visitor Experiences and the Making of Meaning
Grab eBook (PDF) Here...
- ESL Strories - A Visitor to The Star (transcript video)
Anna Winter pulled on her Gucci sunglasses and sprayed herself with extra-strength mosquito repellent. How could she be an award-winning journalist if she ...
- Eddie Van Halen solo live - with a visitor on-stage - language NSW
During EVH's solo time on stage he had a visitor fly around him. His reaction is priceless! Live at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater in Bonner Springs, KS, USA on ...
- Engineer Md Liton Hossain - Visitor Student Comments for Asma Language Institute
Asma Language Institute (ALI), Rupayan Shelford, 18th Floor (F & G), 23/6 Mirpur Road, Shyamoli, Dhaka-1207. Tel: +880-2-9146181, Cell: 0161-2637-001.
- Genius of Language visitor feedback
- ESL - Travel - Abu Dhabi records sharp rise in visitor numbers - Future
View more videos about Visitor Team.
See also the pronunciation examples of Visitor!
NZ Sign Language Visitor Info - Auckland Museum
This video presents key visitor information and services at Auckland Museum in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL). Auckland Museum has worked with Brent ...
Quotes about Visitor
Scrabble value of V4I1S1I1T1O1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VISITOR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Visitor!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Visitor to see it in context!