The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun vantage:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun vantage
- Phrases with Vantage
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vantage
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vantage
- Photos about Vantage
- Videos about Vantage
- Quotes about Vantage
- Scrabble value of V4A1N1T1A1G2E1
- Anagrams of VANTAGE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun vantage
What does vantage mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: vantages
- place or situation affording some advantage (especially a comprehensive view or commanding perspective)
- the quality of having a superior or more favorable position
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonym of vantage: advantage
- more generic words: asset / plus = a useful or valuable quality
- more specific terms:
- favour / favor = an advantage to the benefit of someone or something
- leverage = strategic advantage
- handicap = advantage given to a competitor to equalize chances of winning
- homecourt advantage = the advantage of playing on your home court in front of fans who are rooting for you
- lead = an advantage held by a competitor in a race
- clout / pull = special advantage or influence
- head start / start = the advantage gained by beginning early
- profit / gain = the advantageous quality of being beneficial
- preference = grant of favor or advantage to one over another
- privilege = a special advantage or immunity or benefit not enjoyed by all
- expedience / expediency = the quality of being suited to the end in view
- favourable position / favorable position / superiority = the quality of being at a competitive advantage
- good = benefit
- advantageousness / favourableness / profitableness / favorableness / positiveness / positivity = the quality of being encouraging or promising of a successful outcome
- tax advantage = an advantage bestowed by legislation that reduces a tax on some preferred activity
Alternative definition of the noun vantage
- An advantage.
- A place or position affording a good view; a vantage point.
Vantage is a census-designated place in Kittitas County, Washington, United States. The population was 70 at the 2000 census.
Vantage is a musical group.
- album: "Through the Fields"
- Vantage is a brand of American cigarettes manufactured by the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. It received its biggest advertising push in the 1970s and '80s but is now categorized as a 'non-support' brand; though R.J. Reynolds will not provide marketing support for Vantage, the company will maintain the brand's distribution where there is consumer demand.
- Vantage is a publisher.
- "Vantage" is a musical album of Fall of the Leafe & Fall of the Leave.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Vantage" is a composition.
- "Vantage" is a musical EP of Analysis of Bison Kills.
"Vantage" a.k.a. "Bulandi" is a 1990 Pakistani Urdu feature film, directed by Javed Fazil. Also known as Vantage Its producer by Aslam Butt, a Lollywood film starring by Nadeem, Samina Peerzada, Reema Khan, Shaan.Introducing Reema and Shaan.
- read more about Bulandi
Vantage helps IT to optimize application performance across the Enterprise and Internet.
Phrases with Vantage
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vantage
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joanna Barker
Still the V8 Vantage is an amazing sports coupe it looks good like all Aston Martin is except the V8 Vantage does not have the looks as the DB5 does which is classy, charming and quite reserved. No the V8 Vantage is a sports car it looks like ...
by Jan Drenth
vantage is that rotation around an axis is mechanically more accurate than sliding along an arc. 2.5.2. Photographic Film Photographic film is a classical detector for X-ray radiation, but it is not used ...
Machinists' Monthly Journal (1915)
over, and around the standing part, and up through the first vantage is that it will not answer when made with ropes of different sizes, as it then slips and comes adrift, but where the two pieces of cordage are of the same size it Is most secure ...
Textile World (1916)
vantage IS that ProsperRice's is an oil paint made by a special process ~ _ knOWn only ...
T, UVWXYZ Versability (2016)
by Roger J. Maderia
A vantage is an advantageous position. A vendetta is a bitter feud in families: vengeance and revenge toward opposition. Vigilance is complete watchfulness, being so alert all the time. The vigil is that period through the night, keeping watch ...
Internal and External Dimensions of Increased Cooperation after the Lisbon Treaty by Ronald L Holzhacker, Paul Luif
A disad— vantage is the risk of low, or specialist visibility of the debates, which take place between specialised spokespersons, outside the plenary, and thus often out of sight of press and public. In case of policy areas overlapping or ...
Horse Sense (2004)
The Guide to Horse Care in Australia and New Zealand by Peter Huntington
vantage is the tendency for horses that have been exercised on a walker to drag when being led. Treadmills are great tools if used judiciously. Horses can be exercised very effectively on the treadmill at the walk and trot, and the newer, ...
Modality and Ellipsis (2009)
Diachronic and Synchronic Evidence by Remus Gergel
While it will be necessary to explore some of the syntactic and interface properties of ellipsis further, an additional issue which one can observe from this vantage is that an ellipsis site is grammatically not actually copied or made after an ...
by Federico Milano
The ad- vantage is that a change in the prototype data automatically update all the data referring to that prototype. Finally, being able to modify data “on the fly” is an useful ...
Work and the Workplace (2001)
A Resource for Innovative Policy and Practice by Sheila H. Akabas, Paul A. Kurzman
Obviously a workplace vantage is a good location from which to provide services to those involved in the world of work, but it is also possible to deliver such services from a private practice position. One of the intervening variables in the ...
The Neutron Picasso (1989)
by Michael Carin
Only from one tenuous vantage is the figure revealed.
by Michael E. Whitman, Herbert J. Mattord
The disad- vantage is that service contracts must be renegotiated periodically and rates can change. It can also be quite expensive. ○ Mutual agreement—A mutual ...
Motor Age (1914)
A further ail- vantage is that the load on the bearing is equalized in a longitudinal direction. A gravity feed gasoline system is used. The tank has a capacity of 19 gallons and is located under the front seat. The angle in the tube leading from the ...
by Michael Byram, Adelheid Hu
Vantage, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. GÉ STOKS ...
by James Hoare
Among its products is the monthly Vantage Point: Developments in North Korea. Until the late 1990s, it was somewhat partisan ...
by Joseph Childers, Gary Hentzi
Techniques described as filmic generally originate in the mediation of the film camera and the fact that the film as a whole is assembled from a series of fragments shot from many different vantage points and at many different points in time.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vantage
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vantage
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: - EMR -
Photo credit: Scott Meis Photography
- A Vintage Vantage
London Eye, River Thames, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and London Bridge - Westminster & South Bank, London, England, UK
Photo credit: dolbinator1000
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster
Photo credit: Alexandre Prévot
- Vantage, frost, reflection
The way the cars sat so their wheels just touched the water of the pools, forming a perfect reflection together with the biting hard frost that had formed on them by 11pm, made for a really beautiful scene.
Photo credit: Joseph Simpson
Horrendous night shot but yellow Vantages are pretty rare. The driver and passenger were both very cool as well.
Photo credit: Damian Morys Photography
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Photo credit: nakhon100
- Vantage Bridge
Photo credit: russellstreet
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Photo credit: Alexandre Prévot
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Vantage
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Vantage
Scrabble value of V4A1N1T1A1G2E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VANTAGE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Vantage!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vantage to see it in context!