On this page:
- Definition of the adjective unfavorable
- Phrases with Unfavorable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Unfavorable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Unfavorable
- Photos about Unfavorable
- Video about Unfavorable
- Quotes about Unfavorable
- Scrabble value of U1N1F4A1V4O1R1A1B3L1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective unfavorable
What does unfavorable mean as an attribute of a noun?
- not encouraging or approving or pleasing
- examples: unfavorable conditions | an unfavorable comparison | unfavorable comments | unfavorable impression
- alternative spelling: unfavourable
- antonym of unfavorable: favorable
- similar: admonishing / admonitory / reproachful / reproving; adverse / inauspicious / untoward; disapproving; discriminatory / invidious
- see also: negative; critical; uncomplimentary; bad; hostile
- (of winds or weather) tending to hinder or oppose
- involving or creating circumstances detrimental to success or effectiveness
Alternative definition of the adjective unfavorable
- Disadvantageous, adverse, unsuitable, inconducive; serving to hinder or oppose.
- antonym: favorable
- [context: of a belief, state of mind, etc] Not favorable, disapproving.
- [context: of wind or weather] Causing obstacles or delay; not conducive to travel or work; inclement.
- Not auspicious; ill-boding.
"Unfavorable" is a musical album of Old Man Wizard.
- released on
Phrases with Unfavorable
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Unfavorable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Twelve Thousand Plus Entries on Accounting, Auditing and Taxation in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia by Guy Wanjialin
undistributable reserve unfavorable standard cost variance undistributable reserve = capital reserve. undistributed capital gain capital gain of a regulated investment company that has not been distributed and is proportionately includable in ...
by Eric H. Kessler
If Ben is used to being criticized sarcastically some of the time, then ridicule from Alice might seem unfavorable only to somewhat of a degree. The Wouldbased contrast between feeling good and not feeling good, however, is by itself ...
by Sherwood Thompson
The first approach has descriptions that are related to bigotry, favorable or unfavorable race prejudice, stereotypes, personal dislikes, and biases. This approach describes categories that fall into individual attitudes and the actions of individual ...
by Michael Lewis-Beck, Alan E Bryman, Tim Futing Liao
consists of a series of statements that are either favorable or unfavorable about the attitude object. Respondents are given multiple response choices ...
by Khosrow-Pour, Mehdi
Recommendations for investment project assessment Efficiency Indicators Favorable Unfavorable Investment project accepted. The investment project may be accepted, but we advise the use 3. The same set of indicators as the ones used for ...
Encyclopaedia Americana : a popular dictionary of arts, sciences, literature, history, politics, and biography, brought down to the present time (1836)
So, if the quantity of exchange demanded on any particular country is greater than that offered, the rate of exchange, in respect to that particular country, is unfavorable, and rises. This has most generally been the case in the U. States, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Unfavorable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Unfavorable
If you need images about Unfavorable for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Unfavorable
Video shows what unfavorable means. Disadvantageous, adverse, unsuitable, inconducive; serving to hinder or oppose.. Not favorable, disapproving.. Causing ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Unfavorable!
Quotes about Unfavorable
I now announce myself as candidate for the Presidency. I anticipate criticism; but however unfavorable I trust that my sincerity will not be called into question. (Victoria Woodhull)
more quotes about unfavorable...
Scrabble value of U1N1F4A1V4O1R1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Unfavorable to see it in context!