Type appears in the following tongue twister:
- To put a pipe in byte mode, type PIPE_TYPE_BYTE.
(from the Visual C++ help file)
Type appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- I am a sleepy type, Elsa-Mai.
- "To lay as I dash to be sleepy, type 'else both sad’," I say a lot.
- Won’t Neil ask radar evoker type Elsa to dot a sleepy trek over a dark salient now?
Usage statistics for the noun type:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun type
- Definition of the verb type
- Phrases with Type
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Type
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Type
- Usage statistics about type
- Photos about Type
- Video language resources about Type
- Sign language
- Quotes about Type
- Scrabble value of T1Y4P3E1
- Anagrams of TYPE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun type
What does type mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: types
- a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- example: what type of sculpture do you prefer?
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- antonym: antitype
- more generic words: form / kind / sort / variety = a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- more specific words:
- a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
- (biology) the taxonomic group whose characteristics are used to define the next higher taxon
- printed characters
- example: small type is hard to read
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: character / graph / grapheme / graphic symbol = a written symbol that is used to represent speech
- more specific terms:
- all of the tokens of the same symbol
- a small metal block bearing a raised character on one end; produces a printed character when inked and pressed on paper
- example: he dropped a case of type, so they made him pick them up
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic word: block = a solid piece of something
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun type
- A grouping based on shared characteristics; a class.
- An individual considered typical of its class.
- synonym: data type
- An individual that represents the ideal for its class; an embodiment.
- synonym: sort
- [printing] A letter or character used for printing, historically a cast or engraved block.
- Such type collectively, or a set of type of one font or size.
- Text printed with such type.
- [biology] An individual considered representative of members of its taxonomic group.
- [biology] A blood group.
- [theology] An event or person that prefigures or foreshadows a later event - commonly an Old Testament event linked to Christian times.
- [computing theory] A tag attached to variables and values used in determining what values may be assigned to what variables.
Definition of the verb type
What does type mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: typed | typing | types
- write by means of a keyboard with types
- example: type the acceptance letter, please
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula Verbs with the same syntax [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] Smith was inscribing | Smith was scribbling Image Creation Verbs: carve, chalk, charcoal, copy, crayon, doodle, draw, forge, ink, misspell, paint, pencil, plot, print, scratch, scrawl, scribble, sketch, spell, stencil, trace, write [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Theme] The jeweler printed the name | The secretary transcribed the speech [Agent - being or machine] [Verb] [Theme] [Locative Preposition] [Destination] The jeweler printed the name on the ring | The secretary transcribed the speech into the record [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] The jeweler printed the name | The secretary transcribed the speech Image Creation Verbs: chronicle, copy, document, duplicate, film, forge, imitate, microfilm, photocopy, photograph, record, tally, tape, televise, transcribe [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Locative Preposition] [Destination] The jeweler printed the name on the ring | The secretary transcribed the speech into the record
- lexical domain: Communication - verbs of telling, asking, ordering, singing
- synonym of type: typewrite
- more generic word: write = communicate or express by writing
- more specific words:
- identify as belonging to a certain type
Who is Type?
Type a.k.a. cYz: Cynthia Patricia Zamorano Cavalcante é uma produtora, cantora, e compositora brasileira.
- read more about cYz (musical artist)
- "Type" is the first single from Living Colour's second album Time's Up released in 1990.
- "Type" is a musical single of Living Colour.
- released in (25 years ago)
- "Type" is a musical album of Yuki Koyanagi.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Type" a.k.a. "Aboard" is a musical album of Zé Nando Pimenta.
- released in (14 years ago)
"Type" is a book by Simon Loxley.
- also known as "Type: the secret history of letters"
- the type of which all other types are instances.
- TYPE: In computing, type is a command in various VMS, AmigaDOS, CP/M, DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command line interpreters such as COMMAND.COM, cmd.exe, 4DOS/4NT and Windows PowerShell. It is used to display the contents of specified files. It is analogous to the Unix cat command.
- Type: In model theory and related areas of mathematics, a type is an object that, loosely speaking, describes how a element or elements in a mathematical structure might behave.
- type is a Unix command that describes how its arguments would be interpreted if used as command names.
- Type: The word Type followed by a number is a common way to name a weapon or product in a production series, similar in meaning to "Mark". "Type" was used extensively by the Japanese and Chinese militaries beginning in the 1920s, and is still in current use by the Chinese military. The United Kingdom uses a type number system for much of their military equipment. Many other nations use the word "Type" to designate products in a series.
- Type: A primitive type or a user-defined type.
- Type: The grouping of this plug e.g. type A, B or K etc..
- Type: The variety or class of a fraternity or sorority, such as "service" or "social.
- type: The nature or genre of the resource.
- The type of annotation is used to specify where the annotation appears in relation to the given path.
Phrases with Type
Phrases starting with the word Type:
Phrases ending with the word Type:
View more phrases with the word Type in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Type
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Bernhard Smith
The type is a female, and Mr. Grote rightly refers it to Polia.
The first type is a dismissal upon a motion to dismiss under Rule 16. This motion is filed by the defending party before responding to a pleading asserting a claim. The second type is a dismissal of the action either upon notice by the plaintiff or ...
Revelation of The End Time (2015)
by Mark P. Krieger
A type is a divinely deliberate Old Testament foreshadowing of some spiritual reality in the New Testament. Types can be persons such as Adam...
Ada 2012 Rationale (2013)
The Language -- The Standard Libraries by John Barnes
An indexable container type is a tagged type with at least one of the aspects Constant_Indexing or Variable_Indexing...
by G.N.P. Srivastava
The second type is the progressively collaborative mentor who emphasises working alongside mentees, offering advice as the confidence and skills of the mentees increase. The third type is the professional friend mentor who regards the ...
Transmission & Distribution (2009)
by U.A.Bakshi, M.V.Bakshi
Hewlett or inter-linking type The cemented cap type is the most commonly used suspension type insulator.
by Tony J. Pitcher
The first type is the electro-olfactogram (EOG), a slow negative voltage change recorded from the epithelial surface (Ottoson...
The second type is a unitary action potential recorded extracellularly from an olfactory neurone intraepithelially, ...
Real-World Skills for MCSA Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-461, 70-462, and 70-463) by Tom Carpenter
SQL Server supports three main types of backups. The first backup type is the full backup, and it is used to back up every used data page in the ...
History, Status, and Prospects by George A. Pavelis
The first laser type is a single laser light beam or line projected parallel to the desired grade and along the direction of drainage machine travel. The second type is a partial-plane or segment of circle (arc) projected parallel to the desired grade ...
Vol. I. Number Theory by Marius Coman
The descrescendo sequence: The type of sequence of sequences constructed in the following way: 1, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1,
A medical dictionary written by a doctor for doctors by Joseph C Segen
expands or contracts according to the situation personality type Any of a number of broad types of personalities ...
A Complete Summary of Character Analysis ... Physical and Mental Traits Revealed by Mary Olmstead Stanton
The Eve, 936 The forms of the eye ; The three general forms of the eye ; Artistic type; Reflective type; The agreeable eye; The linguistic eye; Politic eye; Untruthful eye ; Upward oblique; Double obliquity ; Observing eyelid ; Licentious and ...
A Dictionary of Words and Terms chiefly found in the Scriptures. Second edition [of "A Dictionary of Scripture Words, &c."]. (1810)
_ ' ' Type—a resemblance: an emblem or model ot'sometbing. 'thus, the brazen serpent lifted on a pole in the wilderness for the cure of the wounded Israelites, was a type of Christ lifted up on the cross to heal and save sinners. (See Numbers ...
FILE DIN DATA ELEMENT TITLE QHJ/2 Performance Rating Type 3 QHJ/3 Performance Rating Type 4 QHJ/4 Performance Rating Type 5 R0A Retirement Plan R0B ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Type
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about type
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun type:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun type:
Photos about Type
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Type
Click on an item to play that video:
- InDesign: Type anatomy and terminology | lynda.com
This specific tutorial is a single movie from chapter one of the InDesign CS4: Typography course presented by lynda.com author Nigel French. Watch more at ...
- INFJ - Best Written Explanation - INFJ Personality Type [THEBARRACUDA57]
Song: Mirage [Eric Prydz]...
- Explanation of Different Type of Keys - Magic Marks
This video explain different type of keys with the help of diagram. The Video content is a copyright of Dragonfly Masterclass, an education company providing ...
- VBA Excel - Type Definition
Demo in visual basic using a "Type" definition, which is sort of like a mini class. Very useful if you add a lot of variables to a function or sub routine.
- Natural Hair Curl Needs| How to Achieve Lasting Definition + Forget Curl Type
Get Product Details Here...
- Diabetes Mellitus type 2 explanation
thorough explanation of diabetes type 2.
- 11 Plus - Closest Meaning / Synonyms (Type D): Eleven Plus Exam Tips
11 Plus - Closest Meaning / Synonyms (Type D): Eleven Plus Exam Tips Get Unlimited 11 Plus Tutor Videos & 11 Plus Online Revision Here: ...
- Data Licensing: New Licence Type Vocabulary for RDA
- 3 Magoosh TOEFL Question Type Vocabulary in Context mpeg4
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Basic Explanation
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. 4 scales, 4 major categories, a few clear examples. Ian Bailey, M.A., LPC. [email protected] thesevenways.com.
- Cows That Type Vocabulary Skits
- DrupalCon Austin 2014: TYPE, RESPONSIVELY: DESIGN FOR READABILITY & MEANING ON ANY SCREEN
Speakers: jpamental Responsive web design is one of the most significant advances in web design. But what about your type? Just changing floats and widths ...
- Social Mobility Definition and Type
7 - Diversity in Society.
- 11 Plus - Similar Meaning (Type S): Eleven Plus Exam Tips
11 Plus - Similar Meaning (Type S): Eleven Plus Exam Tips Get Unlimited 11 Plus Tutor Videos & 11 Plus Online Revision Here: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Type!
A New Type of Sign Language Education in Mexico
A center in the southern Mexical state of Oaxaca has developed a dynamic social inclusion model of teaching sign language that uses innovative new media in ...
Quotes about Type
When the highest type of men hear Tao,
They diligently practice it.
When the average type of men hear Tao,
They half believe in it.
When the lowest type of men hear Tao,
They laugh heartily at it.
Without the laugh, there is no Tao. (Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu)
more quotes about type...
Scrabble value of T1Y4P3E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TYPE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Type!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Type to see it in context!