On this page:
- Definition of the noun timing
- Phrases with Timing
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Timing
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Timing
- Photos about Timing
- Video language resources about Timing
- Sign language
- Quotes about Timing
- Scrabble value of T1I1M3I1N1G2
- Anagrams of TIMING
- Share this page
Definition of the noun timing
What does timing mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: timings
- the time when something happens
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- more generic terms: temporal arrangement / temporal order = arrangement of events in time
- more specific terms:
- approaching / approach / coming = the temporal property of becoming nearer in time
- earliness = quality of coming early or earlier in time
- lateness = quality of coming late or later in time
- punctuality / promptness = the quality or habit of adhering to an appointed time
- tardiness = the quality or habit of not adhering to a correct or usual or expected time
- simultaneousness / simultaneity = happening or existing or done at the same time
- seasonableness / timeliness = being at the right time
- unseasonableness / untimeliness = being at an inappropriate time
- pastness = the quality of being past
- futurity = the quality of being in or of the future
- presentness / nowness = the quality of being the present
- spark advance / lead = the timing of ignition relative to the position of the piston in an internal-combustion engine
- preceding = existing or coming before
- succeeding = coming after or following
- early = at or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time
- middle = between an earlier and a later period of time
- late = being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
- past = earlier than the present time
- present = temporal sense; intermediate between past and future
- future = yet to be or coming
- the regulation of occurrence, pace, or coordination to achieve a desired effect (as in music, theater, athletics, mechanics)
Alternative definition of the noun timing
- [obsolete] An occurrence or event.
- [uncountable] The regulation of the pace of e.g. an athletic race, the speed of an engine, the delivery of a joke, or the occurrence of a series of events.
- [uncountable] The time when something happens.
- [uncountable] The synchronization of the firing of the spark plugs in an internal combustion engine.
- [countable] An instance of recording the time of something.
Specialised definition of the noun timing
Glossary of sports
the precise and optimal temporal coordination of a sport movement action, also of movement sequences and set plays. Exact timing requires good hand-eye and foot-eye coordination. (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
Timing is a record label.
- "TIMING" is Kim Hyun-joong's fourth Korean mini-album, which was released on July 11, 2014 under KeyEast.
- genre: K-pop
- released on
- "Timing" is a musical single of Black Biscuits.
- released on (17 years ago)
"Timing" is a 2009 animated short film directed by Amir Admoni.
- country: Brazil
- language: Portuguese Language
- producers: Amir Admoni, Débora Mamber, Felipe Grytz
- production design by Amir Admoni
- written by Amir Admoni, Débora Mamber, Felipe Grytz
- cinematography by Guilherme Ribeiro
- edited by Amir Admoni
- music by Felipe Grytz
- genre: Animation
- released in (7 years ago)
- Timing a.k.a. Isochrony is the postulated rhythmic division of time into equal portions by a language. Rhythm is an aspect of prosody, others being intonation, stress and tempo of speech.
- read more about Isochrony
- Timing in music refers to the ability to "keep time" accurately and to synchronise to an ensemble, as well as to expressive timing—subtle adjustment of note or beat duration, or of tempo, for aesthetic effect.
Phrases with Timing
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Timing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gregory A. Burton, Richard C. Schmidt
relative timing is a fundamental temporal structure or rhythm of the movement pattern that is independent of movement displacement and velocity. Therefore, it is considered to be an invariant ...
Why is that So Funny? (2006)
A Practical Exploration of Physical Comedy by John Wright
Comic timing is the sort of thing you learn on the job. It tends not to get taught at drama school, but then comedy gets a pretty bad press in most of our institutions. Timing is the sort of knowledge that's passed on through an oral tradition: 'That ...
by Ivan Galamian
Musical timing means the actual sounding of the notes in the exact rhythmical pattern and the exact speed required by the music. Technical timing means the making of the necessary movements of both left and right hands at the exact moment ...
Therapeutic Medical Massage (2014)
by Michael J Stiers
Timing is the critical element here. When the patient feels the injury getting hurtful and tightening up again that is the time to schedule and redo the therapy again.
Trautman Wasserman & Company, Inc., Gregory O. Trautman, Samuel M. Wasserman, Mark Barbera, James A. Wilson, Jr., Jerome Snyder, and Forde H. Prigot: Securities and Exchange Commission Opinion
arket timing is a mutual fund share trading strategy that exploits brief discrepancies between the...
arket timing is the frequent buying and selling of mutual fund shares to exploit any lag ...
Against the Gods (2012)
The Remarkable Story of Risk by Peter L. Bernstein
Market timing is a risky strategy! Risk measurement becomes even more complicated when the parameters are ...
ePulp Sampler Vol 1 (2013)
by John Picha, Matthew J. Davies, N. R. Grabe, Russ Bopp
The timing is the slightest bit off. You need to fix it.” The mechanic hears nothing and pauses to look over the dash of the coupe, never seeing a set-up like the Delahaye has, dials and lights that have functions the mechanic can't figure out, ...
Aikido Weapons Techniques (2012)
The Wooden Sword, Stick, and Knife of Aikido by Phong Thong Dang, Lynn Seiser
Timing is the ability to establish the rhythm and synchronization needed for the ken to reach the target while the target is available. Accuracy is the ability to place the tip or end portion of the blade directly onto and into the intended target area.
Invoking the Inner Potential by Dwaraknath Reddy
The timing is a sequence of causal determinism, an infallible adherence to a law, just as the energies of electricity ...
by albert l. clough
Automatic timing is applied to magnetos, usually automatically varying the angular relation to the magneto driving shaft of the cam which operates the make and break device. Timer, Ball Contact — A timer the contact arm of which carries a ...
by Ian Stolerman
Timing. Accuracy. Definition Timing accuracy refers to the estimated duration. Timing accuracy is estimated by the mean or peak time of the response distribution (see Gibbon et al., 1997).
by Christine Ammer, Dean S. Ammer
Timing al Business Cycle Troughs Depending on the current stage of the business cycle, the same indicator may have different significance. Source: U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis Fig. 41. Dollar cost of credit charges on ...
by Martin H. Weik
A timing mark output of a clock system. time to repair. See mean time to repair ( MTTR). time to service restoral. See mean time to service restoral (MTTSR). time transmission. See real-time transmission. time zone. An adopted relation of local ...
by Wang, John
Ogallo Maryland State Highway Administration, USA INTRODUCTION The objective of traffic signal timing is to reduce traffic delays and possibility of accidents by minimizing the point of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Timing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Timing
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: wtbyan2
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Timing
Click on an item to play that video:
- Suzuki SX 4 Timing Chain Explanation
Suzuki 2.0 4cyl 16 valve timing chain kit install guide. This explains how the chains and sprockets lay out.
- How To Set & Explanation of Puch e50 Moped Timing with Will & Travis
Timing before jetting! The Moped Army article that served as inspiration...
- Timing Meaning
Video shows what timing means. An occurrence or event.. The regulation of the pace of e.g. an athletic race, the speed of an engine, the delivery of a joke, or the ...
- Explanation of Closed Loop Ignition Timing Control
Arduino Engine Control Unit with closed loop ignition timing control. Explanation of in cylinder pressure sensing. Watch this video first: ...
- The Rapture According to Paul - It's Meaning and Timing
- Archangel Gabriel ~ The Meaning of Divine Timing 04 26 2015
- Salsa Timing Explanation
Explanation of Salsa Timing -...
- Timing of Lives Life Course Theory Explanation
- Walk-ons: Definition and timing
- Butch Robins - The Meaning of Timing
- Timing Bolus Definition Flash
- Explanation of Sehri Timing in UK by Mufti Faiz Rasool
The most clear concept of Sehri time in UK and similar countries.
- Timing Project Manager for Surface Mining Equip and Calendar Definition
Learn more at: carlsonsw.com/mining.
- 40 Phenomenal Moments That Are The Definition Of Perfect Timing
- For effective language learning, timing is so important
"There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;" William Shakespeare in Julius Caesar Act 4, scene 3, 218--224 The same is ...
- HEI distributor description and Timing Cover, Balancer #3
Family owned and operated for over 40 years with over 75000 satisfied customers. Rated #1 Click on blue link...
- All in the Timing: Universal Language
Clements Jr. High spring play May 8, 2015 M. Heyliger as Don, S. Preece as Dawn.
- Description of the New Single "Timing"
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
- All In The Timing - The Universal Language
Justin Cook and Arielle Suhre IUPUI Production All in the Timing By David Ives Directed by Callie Burk.
- Bank Street Players "All In the Timing": Universal Language
"Universal Language" from David Ive's "All In the Timing" Presented by Bank Street Players at the Carnegie Center for the Visual Arts in Decatur, Alabama, ...
- "Universal Language" - All In The Timing - Heritage Players
- 3. RADICALS Trial - Radiotherapy Timing Randomisation - Description and aims
- AUKAT O SALAM NIMAZ TIMING IN WORLD DICTIONARY
MFL Why Timing Is Important W/Sign Language
Quotes about Timing
Scrabble value of T1I1M3I1N1G2
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TIMING
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Timing!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Timing to see it in context!