On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun technology administration
What does technology administration mean as a name of something?
- an agency in the Department of Commerce that works with United States industries to promote competitiveness and maximize the impact of technology on economic growth
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- more generic terms: agency / authority / bureau / federal agency / government agency / office = an administrative unit of government
- part of: Commerce / Commerce Department / Department of Commerce / DoC = the United States federal department that promotes and administers domestic and foreign trade
- National Institute of Standards and Technology / NIST = an agency in the Technology Administration that makes measurements and sets standards as needed by industry or government programs
- National Technical Information Service / NTIS = an agency in the Technology Administration that is a primary resource for government-funded scientific and technical and engineering and business related information
The Technology Administration was an agency in the United States Department of Commerce that worked with United States industries to promote economic competitiveness. TA was most recently led by former Under Secretary of Commerce for Technology, Robert Cresanti.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Technology Administration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James A Beverly, David Andrew Schultz
The Technology Administration, the DOC's youngest agency, was created in 1988 to work with private-sector businesses to foster economic growth by developing and applying new technology. This agency also funds high-risk research that ...
by Kathleen Hill, Gerald N. Hill
The Technology Administration, under the direction of the under secretary for technology, comprises the Office of Technology Policy, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Measurement and Standards Laboratories, and the ...
A Historical Encyclopedia by Cynthia L. Clark
The Technology Administration (TA) focuses on promoting civilian technology. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) works with industry under the TA, and it also helps businesses apply measurements and standards.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
the Technology Administration, which works with business to develop technology, ...
by W. Davis Folsom, Rick Boulware
Technology Administration • National Institute of Standards and Technology • National Technical Information Service. The most widely known parts of the Commerce Department are probably the Bureau of the Census, the Patent and ...
by Bernadette Schell, Clemens Martin
Commerce Department's Technology Administration, whose goals are to develop and advance ...
Volume 37 - Pipeline Flow: Basics to Piping Design by John J. McKetta Jr
RHIN1NATER Director Technology Administration Dow Chemical Company. WLODZIMIERZ KISIELOW Professor of Petroleum Technology. Director of Research ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
estrogen replacement therapy ERT Emergency Room Technician; Exhibits Round Table ERTA Economic Recovery Tax Act; Energy Research and Technology Administration ERTC European Regional Test Center (NATO) ERTS ...
by Anttiroiko, Ari-Veikko
Commerce Department's Technology Administration. </prompt></block> </form></vxml> uniform resource identifiers (URIs) and can be located on any traditional Web server. However ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Technology Administration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: