On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun table game
What does table game mean as a name of something?
- a game that is played on a table
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic word: game = a contest with rules to determine a winner
- more specific terms:
- table tennis / Ping-Pong = a game (trademark Ping-Pong) resembling tennis but played on a table with paddles and a light hollow ball
- dominoes / dominos = any of several games played with small rectangular blocks
- nim = game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them
- billiards = any of several games played on rectangular cloth-covered table (with cushioned edges) in which long tapering cue sticks are used to propel ivory (or composition) balls
- pocket billiards / pool = any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
- bar billiards / bagatelle = a table game in which short cues are used to knock balls into holes that are guarded by wooden pegs
Table game: In casinos, the term table game is used to distinguish games such as blackjack, craps, roulette and baccarat that are played on a table and operated by one or more live dealers like a croupier or poker dealer, from games played on a mechanical device like a video slot machine. The term has significance in that some jurisdictions permit casinos to have only slots and no table games. In some states, this law has made casinos host electronic table games, such as roulette, blackjack, and poker.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Table game
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
Ta—thank you, thanks Tab—tag, flap Table—trestle Table cloth—runner Table cream—blancmange Table game—billiards, snooker, table tennis Table for sacrifice—altar Table for subsidiary matter—appendix Table for writing, reading, etc.
by Elaine Costello
A table game resembling tennis, ...
by William N. Thompson Ph.D.
Actually roulette is the premier table game of most European casinos. Roulette is a simple game that is easily understood even by. 366 | Roulette, Wheels of Fortune, ...
by James Stuart Olson, Robert Shadle
It is impossible to date or even identify accurately the origin of table tennis, but, as soon as lawn tennis became popular, people improvised a table game. In 1884, a "Miniature Indoor Lawn Tennis" was advertised by a well-known British ...
by B. A. Phythian
Table game with balls, cue and numbered holes. (bag-a-TEL) bagnio [It.] Brothel. Oriental prison. (BAH-nyoh) baguette [Fr. ] Long, narrow French loaf. Baton. Gem cut in narrow rectangular shape. (In architecture) moulding in semi- cylindrical ...
by Richard William Cox, Dave Russell, Wray Vamplew
The oldest known table game was manufactured in Preston in 1884 and comprises a full set of players in the colours of Preston North End and Blackburn Rovers mounted on wooden blocks and designed to be moved around a squared board ...
a table game played with three balls and a cue for hitting billion (n): a thousand millions [in U.S.A.] a ...
by Joseph J. Cordes, Robert D. Ebel, Jane Gravelle
and South Dakota ($2,000 per table game and slot).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Table game
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Table game
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Table game to see it in context!