On this page:
- Definition of the noun static
- Definition of the adjective static
- Phrases with Static
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Static
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Static
- Photos about Static
- Video language resources about Static
- Sign language
- Quotes about Static
- Scrabble value of S1T1A1T1I1C3
- Anagrams of STATIC
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun static
What does static mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: statics
- a crackling or hissing noise caused by electrical interference
- angry criticism
Alternative definition of the noun static
- Interference on a broadcast signal caused by atmospheric disturbances; heard as crackles on radio, or seen as random specks on television.
- [context: by extension] Interference or obstruction from people.
- antonym: mobile
- Something that is not part of any perceived universe phenomena; having no motion; no particle; no wavelength.
- antonym: kinetic
- Static electricity.
Definition of the adjective static
What does static mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- not in physical motion
- concerned with or producing or caused by static electricity
- showing little if any change
Alternative definition of the adjective static
- Unable to change.
- Fixed in place.
- [programming] Occupying memory allocated when a program is loaded.
- Having no motion.
- Static is a fictional character, a comic book superhero that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. Created by writers Dwayne McDuffie and Robert L. Washington III, and artist John Paul Leon, Static first appeared in Static #1, one of the titles published by Milestone Comics, an imprint of DC Comics. After the closing of Milestone Comics, Static became part of DC's mainstream universe of characters, and a member of the Teen Titans.
- Static is a fictional comic book hero created and owned by writer-artist Steve Ditko.
- created by Steve Ditko
There are other characters with in their name, like Static line.
- "Static" is a 2012 film written by Gabriel Cowan and John Suits and directed by Todd Levin.
- country: United States of America
- language: American English
- producers: Andrew Orci, John Suits, Jared Schwartz & Gabriel Cowan
- executive producers: Dallas Sonnier, Kerry Johnson Bailey, Jack Heller, Russ Cundiff, Milo Ventimiglia
- production design by Michelle Leroy
- art direction by John Hermann & Meagen Lee
- written by John Suits, Gabriel Cowan, Todd Levin
- based on a story by John Suits, Gabriel Cowan, Andrew Orci
- Sara Paxton as Rachel
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jonathan Dade
- Sarah Shahi as Addie Dade
- Preston Peterson as Intruder
- Dominic Bogart as Intruder
- Oz Kalvan as Thomas Dade
- Devon Ogden as Newlywed
- Joshua Stone as Intruder
- Ahmad Russ as Intruder
- Sky McMullan as Newlywed
- John Hermann as Intruder
- Brody Gusar as Intruder
- Luke Barnett as Intruder
- Brett Mann as Intruder
- William Mapother as Greg Wagner
- cinematography by Johnny Ching
- costume design by Sami Martin Sarmiento
- set decoration by Emily Harrison & Joshua Stone
- genre: Thriller
- released in
- "Static" is an American comedy-drama film directed by Mark Romanek. The film stars Keith Gordon, Amanda Plummer, and Bob Gunton, and was released in 1986 by NFI Productions. It was shot in Page, Arizona and Lake Powell, Nevada.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Keith Gordon & Amy Ness
- executive producer: Julio Caro
- production design by Cynthia Sowder
- written by Mark Romanek & Keith Gordon
- Keith Gordon as Ernie Blick
- Amanda Plummer as Julia Purcell
- Bob Gunton as Frank
- Uma Ridenhour as Sarah
- Tamma Allgood as T.V. Interviewer
- Barton Heyman as Sherriff William Orling
- Janice Abbott as Sonya
- Tony Marsico as The Band
- Joel Krehbeil as Deputy Tom Terrence
- Mary Hanka as Woman at Counter
- Eugene Lee as Dale
- Tito Larriva as The Band
- Jack Murakami as North
- Jane Hoffman as Emily Southwick
- Dean E. Winans as Man At Counter
- Kitty Chen as Li
- Reathel Bean as Fred Savins
- Mike Murakami as South
- Chalo Quntano as The Band
- Lily Knight as Patty
- cinematography by Jeff Jur
- edited by Emily Paine
- music by June Carter Cash
- costume design by Susie Money
- set decoration by Denny Tedesco
- location: Page
- genres: Indie film, Comedy-drama, Comedy, Drama
- released on (29 years ago)
- "Static" is a 2013 short drama comedy film written and directed by Leslie Langee.
- country: United States of America
- producer: D.J. Becker
- executive producer: Brian D. Jackson
- art direction by Scott Colquitt
- written by Leslie Langee
- cinematography by Jeffrey Buras
- edited by Nancy Gresham
- music by Brian Satterwhite
- costume design by Melinda Sue Taylor
- set decoration by Deneice O'Connor
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on
- "Static": When two partners invent a chip implanted into the brain and able to improve cellular communications, the world seems at their fingertips. Unfortunately, not many companies are willing to fund their experiment and so they are forced to test the prototypes on themselves.
- also known as Glitch
- director: Randy Daudlin
- genres: Science Fiction, Thriller
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Static" is a film, directed by Mel Miskell.
- country: Australia
- "Static" is a short film, directed by Luke Boney.
- "Static" is the second studio album by New York pop duo Cults, released by Columbia Records on 15 October 2013.
- "Static" is the third album by the Italian dance musical group Planet Funk. It was released in 2006 under EMI Music. Vocal parts are interpreted by Luke Allen, except track 10, which is sung by Jovanotti.
- "Static" is a 1988 song written by Full Force and recorded by James Brown. It was released as a single from Brown's album I'm Real and charted #5 R&B. Reviewing its host album, People singled "Static" out for praise, calling it "inflammatory". It was Brown's last Top 40 R&B hit.
- "Static" is the second full-length album by the Christian rock band Bleach. It was released in 1998 under Forefront Records.
- genre: Christian rock
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Static" is an album by hard rock band Mr. Big. It was released in 2000.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Static" is a composition.
- "Static" is a musical single of Madis Sillamo.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Static" is a musical EP of 7th Rail Crew.
- "Static" is a musical album of Maspyke.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Static" is a musical EP of Negative Format.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Static" is a musical album of The Joykiller.
- "Static" is a composition.
- music by Uwe Schmidt
- "Static" is a musical single of Jawbox & Tar.
- released in (22 years ago)
- Static a.k.a. Todd Terry: Todd N. Terry is an American DJ, producer, and remixer.
- read more about Todd Terry
- Static a.k.a. Stephen Garrett: Stephen Ellis Garrett, also known as Static Major, was a Grammy Award-winning American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer from Louisville, Kentucky, USA. He was a member of the R&B trio Playa. Static Major gained posthumous fame for appearing on Lil Wayne's 2008 album Tha Carter III on the song "Lollipop". He was a producer of songs from several artists, including Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Pretty Ricky, and Beyonce.
- read more about Stephen Garrett
- Static: In the C programming language, static is a reserved word controlling both lifetime and visibility. The word static is also used in languages influenced by C, such as Java.
- Static is a character power.
Phrases with Static
- Static Kill
- static line
- Static Load
- Static Site
- static tube
- static magnet
- Static Typing
- Static Binding
- static electricity
- Static Equilibrium
- Static memory allocation
- Static Random Access Memory
- pitot-static tube
- atmospheric static
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Static
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. Milton Johnston
As the word static means standing still it refers to the refraction of the eye at rest. The word dynamic implies force and so refers to the eye at work or under tension, when exercising its accommodating energy. Amplitude of Accommodation.
by Giorgio Fasano, János D. Pintér
Here the adjective static refers to model descriptors and LGO solver options defined only once during a given LGO application run. LGOMAIN can also include additional user actions such as links to other program files and to external ...
by Thomas Eismin
The word static means stationary or at rest, and electric charges that are at rest are called static electricity. A material with atoms containing equal numbers of electrons and protons is electrically neutral. If the number of electrons in that material ...
by Casey Albert Wood
It will be found, therefore, that many of these conditions of scissor movement are not physiologically present but are due to physical defects in the manipulations of static skiametry. Dynamic skiametry, with its refraction along the visual axis, ...
Dictionary of Hard Words (1910)
by Robert Morris Pierce
A syllable may be cald static when at its inception the force of the breth-impulse remains the same as it was just before, or changes only at the same rate at which it was before changing. Static syllables exist solely (or primarily) in virtue of the ...
STATIC / DYNAMIC Department of the Treasury; the EIN is the taxpayer identifying number of an individual, covered entity, or other entity (whether or not an employer) assigned under one of the following: • 26 U.S.C. 6011(b), which is the ...
by Don Goodsell
effective static deflection (1) Deflection of a suspension system at a stated static load. (2) Static load of a loaded suspension system divided by the spring rate ...
by V. K. Narayanan, Gina Colarelli O'Connor
Static and dynamic models are presented that capture several internal and external factors of the ...
by Stoppani, Jim
Do two static sets per exercise with two minutes of rest in between sets. The weight you choose should be light enough to allow you to hold it statically at about two to four inches from the full contraction point of the movement for at least 10 ...
by Philip A. Laplante
static allocation (2) term used to describe memory that does not need to be refreshed periodically due to gradual discharge. (3) in many programming languages, a variable whose scope is limited but whose extent is permanent. Algol-60 is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Static
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Static
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Lisa D Elliott
Photo credit: Jason Lander
Photo credit: Dermot O'Halloran
Photo credit: Seattleye
Photo credit: bthai
Help send Ruggybear to AIDS/LifeCycle 8
Photo credit: RuggyBearLA
Photo credit: Lotzman Katzman
Photo credit: ErnestDuffoo
Photo credit: vandalog
Photo credit: missbutterflies
Photo credit: vandalog
Photo credit: Average Jane
- Blue Static
Photo credit: get directly down
- Static water
High speed shooting, with zoom.
Photo credit: Jsome1
- Static Test Firing of Saturn V S-1C Stage
Description (1967) Smoke and flames belch from the huge S-1C test stand as the first stage booster of the Apollo/Saturn V space vehicle is static fired at the NASA Mississippi Test Facility (MTF), currently called Stennis Space Center. The huge 138 foot-long rocket had five engines that develop 7.5 million pounds of thrust and launched the 363 foot-long Saturn V up to a height of 40 miles at a speed of 6,000 miles per hour. The first stage was built by the Boeing Company at NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, Louisiana, under the management of Marshall Space Flight Center.
Image # : 6758560
- Static TV
Photo credit: lookcatalog
Photo credit: Matthew Oliphant
View more pictures about Static electricity.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Static
Click on an item to play that video:
- 01 definition of static and kinetic friction
This video will teach static and kinetic friction by Anish Sir.
- Fail - Static Definition
- Static Pressure Basic Explanation
- Static Meaning
Video shows what static means. Unchanging; that cannot or does not change.. Immobile; fixed in place; having no motion.. Occupying fixed memory, allocated ...
- Turbo C++ Variable Definition and Declaration, Static and Global Variables
Visit us at...
- The Trying (Interview with Chris Kaetzel) - Archaic Dialect; Static Romantic
- Meaning Behind it (Christmas) By Static Rocker
Song about the true meaning of Christmas.
- 04 Gymnastics for judo, static holds and terminology
Gymnastics for judoc oaches.
- Meaning in Static - Illusions
- Halloween - Floating cup trick and explanation - static
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from the Bourne Series - Static, Surveillance
Mr. "A" shares the Straight "A" Word(s) of the Day - Static, Surveillance.
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from the Bourne Series - Azimuth, Static
- Halloween - Candy in the bag trick and explanation - static
- Halloween Pencil balancing trick and explanation - Static
- Halloween Pencil floating trick and explanation - static
- The Trying - Angel Lust - Archaic Dialect; Static Romantic
- The Trying - Naustagia - Archaic Dialect; Static Romantic
- Halloween Invisible Candy Catch Trick and Explanation - Static
- The Trying - Statuette - Archaic Dialect; Static Romantic
- The Trying - Infinite Infant - Archaic Dialect; Static Romantic
- Porter Robinson-Worlds Tour Live-Unison/Easy/Language/Fresh Static Snow
Part of Porter's show from his Worlds Live tour at the Coliseum Tallahassee 10-15-14.
- HIW 2014: A GHC language extension for static values (short talk)
- Winston Films Hanging out with Erratic Static Low car meet E S L POLICA Wandering Star tropics
- Game static ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series - Katowice
Hey guys,infographic of ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series - Katowice Music used: Battle of Kings by Per Kiilstofte ...
- Tutorial: Embedded shell static analysis Ansys APDL (language)
A tutorial showing how to perform the analysis of a embedded shell utilizing the APDL programing language.
- Future Static/Dynamic Language Shootout
- RayFire - Static & Kinematic objects rollout description.
RayFire - Static & Kinematic objects rollout description for Online Help WebSite...
- JSP Expression language with static function
JSP Expression language with static function.
- Recognition of static signs from sing language in real time
Project from BSc Thesis. It recognizes signs shown by the right hand. Tested on maximum 20 signs with good results (80-90%). Teaching system new signs is ...
- GreHack2012-Worth-Leveraging Convention over Configuration for Static Analysis in Dynamic Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Static!
Static Irish Sign Language Recognition System
This is a demo of hand segmentation, tracking and recognition to perform irish SL alphabets. It was done in School of Computing, Dublin City University, Ireland.
Quotes about Static
Like everything in the world,
You are governed by two forces,
Quite opposite: static and dynamic.
In rest and peace, it is static.
In thirst and danger, it is dynamic.
Balance both with your ethics.
06.09.2004 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about static...
Scrabble value of S1T1A1T1I1C3
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of STATIC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Static!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Static to see it in context!