On this page:
Definition of the noun spiceberry
What does spiceberry mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: spiceberries
- shrub with coral-red berries; Japan to northern India
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Ardisia crenata taguetii / form Ardisia crenata taguetii / Ardisia crenata crenata / variety Ardisia crenata crenata / Bladhia crenata taquetii / variety Bladhia crenata taquetii / Ardisia crenata
- synonym of spiceberry: coralberry
- more generic words: bush / shrub = a low woody perennial plant usually having several major stems
- member of: Ardisia / genus Ardisia = tropical evergreen subshrubs (some climbers) to trees of Asia and Australasia to Americas
- geographic area: North America, Oceania
- spicy red berrylike fruit; source of wintergreen oil
- lexical domain: Foods & Drinks - nouns denoting foods and drinks
- synonyms of spiceberry: boxberry / checkerberry / teaberry / wintergreen
- more generic word: berry = any of numerous small and pulpy edible fruits
- part of: checkerberry / creeping wintergreen / Gaultheria procumbens / ground-berry / groundberry / mountain tea / teaberry / wintergreen = creeping shrub of eastern North America having white bell-shaped flowers followed by spicy red berrylike fruit and shiny aromatic leaves that yield wintergreen oil
Alternative definition of the noun spiceberry
- A compact flowering plant, Ardisia crenata, native to East Asia.
- synonym: coralberry
- Its fruit, a glossy, bright red drupe.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for spiceberry
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
English: coralberry, spiceberry, hens eyes, Hilo holly, coral ardisia Japan: manryo (ryo = a golden coin, manryo = ten thousand ryo) China: zhu sha ...
starapple, star fruit, tamarillo, tangerine, ugli® fruit, wineberry 10 blackberry, breadfruit, cantaloupe, clementine, Conference, damask plum, elderberry, gooseberry, granadilla, grapefruit, loganberry, mangosteen, redcurrant,salal berry, sourcherry, spiceberry, strawberry, watermelon11bloodorange, boysenberry, dragonfruit,eating apple,GrannySmith, Jaffaorange, navel orange, pomegranate,sallalberry,sharonfruit,sweetcherry12blackcurrant,buffaloberry, cookingapple,costardapple ...
Capricon Rhyming Dictionary (1986)
(aid to Rhyme) by Bessie G. Redfield
Croix de guerre, nom de guerre, parterre, pied-a-terre Berry, blackberry, blueberry, cherry, cranberry, elderberry, equerry, ferry, gooseberry, loganberry, merry, mulberry, raspberry, sherry, spiceberry, strawberry, Tom-and-Jerry Algiers, divers, headquarters, Gheb- ers, Seven Sleepers, Sicilian Vespers ERRE see AIR ARE* ERRY see ERY ERS see BR-S ORST Adverse, asperse, converse, disperse, ERSE diverse, Erse, immerse, intersperse, see inverse, obverse, perverse, reverse, ...
by Christopher Brickell
Ardisia crenata (Coralberry, Spiceberry) Evergreen, upright, open shrub. Has fragrant, star-shaped, white flowers in early summer, followed by longlasting, bright red fruits. H to 6ft (2m), S 24in (60cm).
Complete Information About the Harmful and Desirable Ingredients Found in Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals by Ruth Winter
Spiceberry. Teabeny. ('heckerberry Extract. Deerbeny. Used in toothpaste. tooth powder, and perfumes. Obtained naturally from betula. sweet birch. or teaberry oil. Present in certain leaves and bark. but usually prepared by treating salicylic acid with methanol (see both). Also used as a food artd beverage flavoring. \\r" intergreen oil is an old remedy for rheumatism and rheumatic fever. sciatica. edema. diabetes. bladder disorders. and skin diseases. It contains methyl salicylate (see).
Containing ... Lexicon by Robley Dunglison
SPICEBERRY, Gaultheria, Laurus Benzoin. SPICEBUSH ...
Other names are deerberry, groundberry, hillberry, spiceberry, creeping ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
hillberry, spiceberry, creeping wintergreen, and spring wintergreen. 3. A plant of the genus Chimaphila, especially C. maculata. See spotted wintergreen, below .— American, aromatic wintergreen. See def. 2.-Chickweed wintergreen see # entalis. Creeping winSee def. 2.–False wintergreen. See def. 1.Flowering win Winte Il. tergreen. See Polygala.–Pear-leafed rgreen. See, def. 1.–Spotted # congener of the pipsissewa, Chimaphila maculata, having spotted £ wintergreen, See def.2: ...
A Work of Universal Reference in All Departments of Knowledge with a New Atlas of the World
hillberry, spiceberry, creeping wintergreen, and spring wintergreen. 3. A plant of the genus Chimaphila, especially C. maculata. See spotted wintergreen, below .— American, aromatic wintergreen. See def. 2.-Chickweed wintergreen. See Trientalis.—Creep wintergreen. Seedef. 2.-False wintergreen. See def. 1. Flowering win een. See Polygala.–Pear-leafed tergr wintergreen. See def. 1.– Spotted wintergreen, a congener of the pipsissewa, Chimaphila maculata, having spotted leaves ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for spiceberry
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about spiceberry
If you need images about spiceberry for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about spiceberry
Video shows what spiceberry means. A compact flowering plant, , native to East Asia.. Its fruit, a glossy, bright red drupe.. spiceberry synonyms: coralberry.
Scrabble value of S1P3I1C3E1B3E1R1R1Y4
The value of this 10-letter word is 19 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of spiceberry to find many related words and phrases!