Selfless appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Harass selfless Sarah!
- Ma is as selfless as I am.
- Norma is as selfless as I am, Ron.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective selfless
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Selfless
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Selfless
- Photos about Selfless
- Video language resources about Selfless
- Quotes about Selfless
- Scrabble value of S1E1L1F4L1E1S1S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective selfless
What does selfless mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more selfless / most selfless
- showing unselfish concern for the welfare of others
- examples: In Japan, students are supposed to be selfless and group-centered. | We are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader. | A little bit earlier this evening, I received an extraordinarily gracious call from Senator McCain. Senator McCain fought long and hard in this campaign. And he's fought even longer and harder for the country that he loves. He has endured sacrifices for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader. | A little bit earlier this evening, I received an extraordinarily gracious call from Senator McCain. Senator McCain fought long and hard in this campaign. And he's fought even longer and harder for the country that he loves. He has endured sacrifices for the United States that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader.
- synonym of selfless: altruistic
- see also: unselfish
Alternative definition of the adjective selfless
- Having, exhibiting or motivated by no concern for oneself but for others; unselfish.
- "Selfless" is Godflesh's third studio album. It was released on September 26, 1994, in Europe, and on October 18, 1994, on Earache Records.
- "Selfless" is a musical album of Red This Ever.
- released in (6 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Selfless
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sidney L. Landau
ant generous, altruistic, selfless, charitable. selfless adj. unselfish, altruistic, self- sacrificing, ...
by Jai Narain Sharma
It was generally believed that attainment of our nation's freedom, and its reconstruction, called for the services of virtuous people, who were free from blemishes, selfless, full of sacrifice and devotion. In those days workers of political parties ...
by Paul Joseph
The cross symbolized and immortalized the selfless act. According to Confucianism, one ...
Encyclopedia of Buddhism (2013)
by Damien Keown, Charles S. Prebish
®selfless ̄. social system that seemed to express the Buddhist teaching of no- self in a concrete political form. Some Chinese communists tried to argue that life in a commune where all property was held in common and all individuals worked ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Selfless
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Selfless
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Selfless
Click on an item to play that video:
- Selfless Meaning
Video shows what selfless means. Having, exhibiting or motivated by no concern for oneself but for others; unselfish.. Selfless Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Ashmita explaining the kids topic of "What is the meaning of Selfless Service"
- The Definition of Selfless
Choreographed by Alyssa Warren Performed by Madi Deres, Alexa Senior, Jessica Turner, Madelyn Taylor, Mackenzie Shaw, Chloe Tudisco, Jordan Douglas ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Selfless!
Quotes about Selfless
We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them. (Buddha)
more quotes about selfless...
Scrabble value of S1E1L1F4L1E1S1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Selfless to see it in context!