Salty appears in the following tongue twister:
- salty broccoli
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Comparison of usage frequency between the adjective salty and its most common antonym:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective salty
- Phrases with Salty
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Salty
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Salty
- Photos about Salty
- Video language resources about Salty
- Quotes about Salty
- Scrabble value of S1A1L1T1Y4
- Anagrams of SALTY
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective salty
What does salty mean as an attribute of a noun?
Salty is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: more salty / saltier | most salty / saltiest
- engagingly stimulating or provocative
- containing or filled with salt
- one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of sea water
- similar: tasty
Alternative definition of the adjective salty
- Tasting of salt.
- coordinate terms: sassy
- Containing salt.
- [figuratively] Coarse, provocative, earthy; said of language.
- [figuratively] Experienced, especially used to indicate a veteran of the naval services; salty dog (from salt of the sea).
- [US slang] Irritated, annoyed; from sharp, spicy flavor of salt.
- [linguistics] Pertaining to those dialects of Catalan, spoken in the Balearic Islands and along the coast of Catalonia, that use definitive articles descended from the Latin [term, lang=la, ipse, , self] instead of the Latin [term, lang=la, ille, , that].
Who is Salty?
Salty a.k.a. Ann Gillis is a film producer and screenwriter.
- read more about Ann Gillis
- Salty is a fictional character from the 2010 film Alpha and Omega.
- Salty is a fictional character from the 1978 film Wild Horse Hank.
- Salty is a fictional character form the 2000 film The Wedding Tackle.
- Salty is a fictional character from the 2004 animated film The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Salty is a fictional character from the 2008 film Side by Each.
There are other characters with in their name, like Salty O'Rourke.
- "Salty" is the second album by The Mutton Birds. "Anchor Me" reached the top 10 in the New Zealand singles chart.
- genre: Rock music
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Salty" is a composition.
"Salty" is a book by Leverett Saltonstall.
- also known as "Salty: recollections of a Yankee in politics"
- Salty is a TV program, begun in (41 years ago).
- country: United States of America
- Salty is a mascot.
Phrases with Salty
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Salty
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Andrew Smith
During the 1950s, salty snacks were ...
The Encyclopedia of Perception by Jennifer L. Hellier
com SALTY SENSATION Salty sensation, the detection of sodium ions (Na+), is one of the five basic tastes.
by Frances Froman, Carrie Joan Dyck, Alfred Keye, Lottie Keye
saline see: salty o-ji-ke' da:weht ...
English-Cheyenne Dictionary (1915)
by Rodolphe Charles Petter
the soup (make it salty) ; navoxpomaoxzevana ,1 s . it : evoxporaaoxzevane , it is salted; zevoxpomaoxzevane hoevoxkoz, salted meat; ...
The Ayurveda Encyclopedia (2007)
Natural Secrets to Healing, Prevention, and Longevity by Swami Sadashiva Tirtha
Salty P+ produces saliva Pungent P+ (in time) causes gas, constipation, painful urine, reduces semen with difficult discharge. Bitter PK- V+ ...
Ocean: A Visual Encyclopedia (2015)
SOLID, LIQUID, AND GAS At very low temperatures, water molecules lock together SALTY SEAS Water is very good at dissolving substances, such as the minerals that form rocks. Water flowing off the land in rivers contains many of these ...
The Gulf Stream takes warm, salty water from the Caribbean to the Nordic seas and brings mild weather to northern Europe. Without the Gulf Stream, winters in Lisbon, Portugal, Pole. Around Iceland, the Gulf Stream's salty sucking more warm ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Salty
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Salty
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Sagrasa
Photo credit: KellyReeves
Photo credit: magerleagues
Photo credit: Racho P.
Photo credit: Mingo.nl
Photo credit: Aaron Gustafson
via Instagram instagr.am/p/Tiuis0Kaqt/
Photo credit: remysharp
Photo credit: Pixie/Chica Pixography
- Salty El Stop
Winter. Can't live with it... etc..
Photo credit: tbfurman
- Lorain's first "salty" this year
The Yosemite is from Monrovia, Liberia, on the west coast of Africa. The flag that looks like an American flag is actually the flag of Liberia.
Photo credit: ronnie44052
- Salty chocolate: delish
Photo credit: fschnell
- Salty Sprinkler
Photo credit: Admitter
- Two Salty Treats
Photo credit: Rafe Saltman
- Salty yawn
Photo credit: daveynin
- Tender Salty
Photo credit: kseast
- Salty Ground
The ground water discharged from springs and seeps at Ash Meadows NWR is exposed to extensive evaporation. As a result, dissolved salts concentrate on the grounds surface and at shallow depths within the soil. Photo: Cindy Sandoval/USFWS
Photo credit: USFWS Pacific Southwest Region
View more pictures about Salty Dog.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Salty
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of the SALTY
- Salty Meaning
Video shows what salty means. Tasting of salt.. Containing salt.. Coarse, provocative, earthy; said of language.. salty pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition ...
- SaltyTalk - Salty's Story Time - Conservatism, A Sharp Definition
- The definition of salty !!
You want some pepper with that ?
- The definition of being SALTY!
chris gets salted.
- SaltyTalk - Salty's Story Time - The Meaning of Revolution
SaltyTalk - Salty's Story Time - The Meaning of Revolution Catch SaltyTalk Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 4PM ET...
- 45. English lesson. Slang. TOODLES | SALTY
- "So Salty" Carrillo's photos around Uyuni, Bolivia (meaning of pink flamengoes)
- Miss Mary Culinary (English Language) Food Review Eps.17 Salty Vegetables BR TiVi31073173
Nona Mari Kuliner Food Review Special Asinan Sayur Ny. Isye Jl.Kamboja III Rawamangun Jakarta Indonesia Perumnas Klender Jakarta Timur.
- Ernie Els' Salty Language
- Salty Language At WH - Obama Admin Slams Israel Prime Minister - Special Report 1st Segment
- Best of Salty Language - Bryan's Mutant Power
- Best Of Salty Language - Tate buys a goat
- Best Of Salty Language - Angry Oz Calls Us Up
- Jeanne Moos reports on politicians who use salty language
- Massa:Cancer scare not 'salty language'
- Getting Gas....(Salty Language version)
- Watch that salty language.
- Salty Language The Enthusiasts #2
- Salty Language Ep 133-Tatexas
- Salty Language Ep 136-Adorbs Labes
- Best of Salty Language - Awesome Larry
- Salty Language Ep 132-White Muddin'
- 5/25/14 Col 4: 3-6 "Salty Language" Series: The mission of Jesus Christ and his Church
- COMING SOON TO THOMAS THE MULTI-LANGUAGE TANK ENGINE: SALTY'S STORMY TALE!
- (51) Aug 8, 2011 Salty Language
- Bottom of the 6th Inning with Commentary - Game 3 (Salty Language)
- Bottom of the 7th Inning with Commentary - Game 3 (Salty Language)
- The grandson learns some salty language
- Dr. Bill Lloyd (NEW!) CNN Salty Language 
View more videos about Salty Dog.
See also the pronunciation examples of Salty!
Quotes about Salty
Scrabble value of S1A1L1T1Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SALTY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Salty!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Salty to see it in context!