The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Usage statistics for the noun resource:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun resource:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun resource
- Definition of the verb resource
- Phrases with Resource
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Resource
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Resource
- Photos about Resource
- Video language resources about Resource
- Sign language
- Quotes about Resource
- Scrabble value of R1E1S1O1U1R1C3E1
- Anagrams of RESOURCE
- Share this page
The word resource and its family (resourced, resourceful, resources, resourcing, unresourceful, under-resourced) are included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun resource
What does resource mean as a name of something?
Resource is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: resources
- available source of wealth; a new or reserve supply that can be drawn upon when needed
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- more generic word: assets = anything of material value or usefulness that is owned by a person or company
- more specific terms:
- natural resources / natural resource = resources (actual and potential) supplied by nature
- labor resources = resources of available manpower
- bread and butter / livelihood / sustenance / support / living / keep = the financial means whereby one lives
- financial backing / financial support / backing / funding / support = financial resources provided to make some project possible
- ways and means = resources available to meet expenses
- a source of aid or support that may be drawn upon when needed
- example: the local library is a valuable resource
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- more generic words: asset / plus = a useful or valuable quality
- more specific terms:
- assistance / help / aid = a person or thing that is a resource that helps make something easier or possible to do
- recourse / refuge / resort = something or someone turned to for assistance or security
- resourcefulness = the quality of being able to cope with a difficult situation
- inner resource = a resource provided by the mind or one's personal capabilities
- the ability to deal resourcefully with unusual problems
- example: a man of resource
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of resource: imagination / resourcefulness
- more generic words: cleverness / ingeniousness / ingenuity / inventiveness = the power of creative imagination
- more specific words: inventory / armoury / armory = a collection of resources
Alternative definition of the noun resource
- Something that one uses to achieve an objective, e.g. raw materials or personnel.
- A person's capacity to deal with difficulty.
Definition of the verb resource
What does resource mean as a doing word?
- To supply with resources
Phrases with Resource
Phrases starting with the word Resource:
Phrases ending with the word Resource:
- To Resource
- inner resource
- natural resource
- material resource
- monetary resource
- pecuniary resource
- renewable resource
- Electronic Resource
- Nonrenewable Resource
Other phrases containing the word Resource:
- uniform resource locator
- Human resource management
- universal resource locator
- Uniform Resource Identifier
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Resource
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Data Resource Integration (2012)
Understanding and Resolving a Disparate Data Resource by Michael H. Brackett
A comparate data resource is a data resource composed of comparate data that adequately support the current and...
A comparate data resource is an integrated , subject oriented, business driven data resource that is the official record of ...
A Subject Guide by Andrea Marie Morrison, Barbara J. Mann
Under culture, one general resource is the periodical the UNESCO New Courier, by the United Nations, Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. As it provides articles and illustrations on specific cultural topics, places, policies, and ...
Meeting Future Material Needs by W. J. Rankin
A mineral resource is a concentration of minerals ofintrinsic economic interest in or on the Earth's crust in such form,
An inferred mineral resource is that part of a resource for which tonnage, grade and mineral content can be estimated with ...
Dynamics and Uncertainty by Graciela Chichilnisky, Geoffrey Heal, Alessandro Vercelli
as a source of utility in its own right: this means that the existing stock of the resource is an argument of the utility function.
From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques by Rebecca M. Warner
For psychological testing, a useful online resource is the American Psychological Association FAQ on testing: www.apa.org/science/testing.html. Another useful resource is a directory of published research tests on the Educational Testing ...
The Access and Control Profile itemizes the resources people use to carry out the activities listed in the Activity Profile. A distinction is made between “access” and “ control”. Access to a resource means that the individual or household has the ...
The Nature of College (2010)
by James J. Farrell
Sabbath A fourth resource is the Sabbath, a tradition of rest and restoration. In America, the Sabbath is the day when some take time out to go to church or synagogue. But this tradition of worship is one small part of a larger Sabbath. The Bible ...
27-29, October 2005, Beijing, P.R. China
Water resource is the control condition of oases development. Besides the reservoir, the soilwater and groundwater has unignorable capacity of water storage and regulation, which more attention should been paid on in the irrigation area ...
Psychology After Lacan (2014)
Connecting the Clinic and Research by Ian Parker
The second resource is a combined effort by different writers sometimes brought together under the rubric...
The third resource is the rereading of psychoanalysis such that the phenomenon of subjectivity and its other, the repressed, ...
Project 2010 For Dummies (2010)
by Nancy C. Muir
A typical material resource is any material — such as steel, rubber, paper or books, chairs, and shoes — assigned to a...
by Timothy C. Haab Ph.D., John C. Whitehead
Environmental and natural resource economics is a subfield of economics that bor- rows from traditional fields of microeconomics such as public finance, industrial organization, and international trade. Its roots are in the market failure theory of ...
(priorities for 21st Century)
Resource. for. Human. Kind. Energy plants give rise to heat and/or yield solid, liquid or gaseous fuel through conversion processes like direct burning, gasification, digestion, fermentation, etc. Since the discovery of woodfire, at least ...
by Edmund Heery, Mike Noon
ManagingHuman Resources:Personnel Management in Transition.4thedn. Oxford: Blackwell. Beardwell, J.and Claydon, T.(Eds.) (2007).Human Resource Management: A Contemporary Perspective. 5th edn.
The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care, Second Edition by Eugenia L. Siegler, MD, FACP, Elizabeth Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, Mathy Mezey, EdD, RN, FAAN
The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care, Second Edition Eugenia L. Siegler, MD, FACP, Elizabeth Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, Mathy Mezey, EdD, RN, FAAN. service jobs for more than 8,400 low-income seniors each year ...
Volume 59 - Supplement 22: Archival Science to User Needs by Allen Kent
Introduction Human resource management (HRM) is the utilization of human resources (HR) at work to achieve organizational and individual goals (1-3). It helps an organization achieve its future objectives by providing competent, ...
by Núria Gala, Reinhard Rapp, Gemma Bel-Enguix
Resource. Impact. Factor. Joseph Mariani and Gil Francopoulo Abstract We feel it is important to have a clear picture of what exists in terms of Language Resources and Evaluation (LRE) in order to be able to carry on research investigations in ...
by Miriam McLaughlin, Sandra Peyser
Resource. Purpose. This book is designed to help organizations train personnel in new skills and information...
by Graham A. Colditz
Resource. Guide. Glossary. Books Abbruzzese, J. and Ebrahimi, B. Myths & Facts About Pancreatic Cancer (PRR, 2002) Alliance for Lung Cancer Advocacy, Support, and Education. The Lung Cancer Manual (Alliance for Lung Cancer ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Resource
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Resource
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: internetsense
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Resource
Click on an item to play that video:
- Creating a Windows Server VM Role Resource Definition
Learn how to easily create a Microsoft Windows-based Virtual Machine Role resource definition using the Virtual Machine Role Authoring Tool. Download the ...
- Natural resource Meaning
Video shows what natural resource means. Any source of wealth that occurs naturally, especially minerals, fossil fuels, timber, etc.. Natural resource Meaning.
- Creating a Linux VM Role Resource Definition
Learn how to easily create a Linux-based Virtual Machine Role resource definition using the Virtual Machine Role Authoring Tool. Download the VM Role ...
- OneNote Resource Explanation
- Resource Meaning
Video shows what resource means. Something that one uses to achieve an objective, e.g. raw materials or personnel.. A person's capacity to deal with difficulty.
- Resource Explanation PD
- Great Resource for Teachers:The Learning Network by NYTIMES--Build your Vocabulary
This video shows how to use NYTimes in your classroom. The New York Times has put together a great resource for educators, they call it The Learning Network ...
- The Dot Word Game for 1st Grade Reading Vocabulary Teacher Resource at the Teacher store
- Cape Tribulation - Resource Efficiency Explanation by Tour Guide
- Diverse Learner's Resource Guide explanation
- Lernmittel 1a: Vokabellisten - Resource 1a: vocabulary lists (English captions)
Lernen mit Vokabellisten und wie man es mit Karteikarten oder einem Karteikasten kombinieren kann Learning with vocab lists and how you can combine it with ...
- Resource Sharing Assignment Explanation
- Gestural Slang Resource 1
- Young Workers' Resource Centre explanation
- Description of Worksheets, Descriptions of coverage and explanation of resource material
This video goes over the benefits and value added material being sent to the employees at Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board 2013.
- Resource Page Explanation
- Gestural Slang Resource 2
- Explanation of how to add a resource to your blog for students to donwload
- Jewelers Resource A Reference of Gems Metals Formulas and Terminology
Jewelers Resource A Reference of Gems Metals Formulas and Terminology Donwload Here ...
- Resource Description & Access (RDA) Basics for Copy Catalogers
Covers the most common differences between AACR2 and RDA in bibliographic records and authority records. Designed to help copy catalogers and beginners ...
- Primavera P6 View the resource dictionary
for a full list of topics for "Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Implementation Specialist" see the link below: ...
- SilverLight 3 - Creating a Resource Dictionary with Microsoft Blend 3
This video tutorial will show how to create a resource dictionary for your Microsoft Expression projects. In this video you will see how a gradient could be ...
- Resource Description & Access (RDA) Blog
A blog on Resource Description and Access (RDA), a new cataloging standard that provides instructions and guidelines on formulating data for resource ...
- The Seduction of Eleanor Twitty: Resource Description and Access at the Clark
ARLIS/NA Annual Meeting. Cataloging Section. Sunday, March 27, 2011. For Script Notes, see...
- CNI: RDF: Resource Description Failures & Linked Data Letdowns
Robert Sanderson Scientist Los Alamos National Laboratory As with any choice of technology, there are benefits and downsides to modeling data using ...
- Resource Description and Access The Movie
Opening for METRO/NY presentation titled "RDA and Art Research Materials" given by Penny Baker (Clark Art Institute) and Anne Champagne (Art Institute of ...
- RSCtv: Resource Description and Access (RDA) and Libraries
RSCtv session broadcast by Jisc RSC Scotland on 27 November 2013 regarding RDA and Libraries. For the recorded session and a summary of the webinar, ...
- RDA Resource Description and Access
- HeraPack Resource Pack and Language Pack Release
- Hospital Test (Clip) - ESL TOEIC Teaching Resource
View more videos about To Resource, Human resource, Resource Energy, Renewable resource, Electronic Resource, Uniform Resource Identifier, Resource Description Framework, and Resource Directory Description Language.
See also the pronunciation examples of Resource!
Download Sign language interpreting A basic resource book PDF
Download and Read Book Now...
Quotes about Resource
Scrabble value of R1E1S1O1U1R1C3E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RESOURCE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Resource!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Resource to see it in context!