On this page:
Definition of the noun red gram
What does red gram mean as a name of something?
- tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods; much cultivated in the tropics
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: ? cajan / unranked ? cajan / Cajan cajan / species Cajan cajan / Cajan indorum / species Cajan indorum / Cajan inodorum / species Cajan inodorum / Cajanus bicolor / species Cajanus bicolor / Cajanus cajan / species Cajanus cajan / Cajanus cajan bicolor / form Cajanus cajan bicolor / variety Cajanus cajan bicolor / Cajanus cajan flavus / variety Cajanus cajan flavus / Cajanus flavus / species Cajanus flavus / Cajanus indicus / species Cajanus indicus / Cajanus indicus bicolor / variety Cajanus indicus bicolor / Cajanus indicus flavus / variety Cajanus indicus flavus / Cajanus indicus maculatus / variety Cajanus indicus maculatus / Cajanus inodorus / species Cajanus inodorus / Cajanus luteus / species Cajanus luteus / Cajanus obcordifolius / species Cajanus obcordifolius / Cajanus pseudo-cajan / species Cajanus pseudo-cajan / Cajanus striatus / species Cajanus striatus / Cytisus cajan / species Cytisus cajan / Cytisus guineensis / species Cytisus guineensis / Cytisus pseudocajan / species Cytisus pseudocajan / Phaseolus balicus / species Phaseolus balicus
- synonyms of red gram: cajan pea / catjang pea / dahl / dhal / pigeon pea / pigeon-pea plant
- more generic words: bush / shrub = a low woody perennial plant usually having several major stems
- part: pigeon pea / cajan pea / dahl = small highly nutritious seed of the tropical pigeon-pea plant
- member of: Cajanus / genus Cajanus = erect densely branched shrubby perennials of Old World tropics
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Red Gram
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David A. Bender
red gram (Cajanus indicus), Bengal gram or ...
by D A Bender
pigeon, Angola, non-eye pea, Congo bean or pea, red gram, yellow dhal. Vigna umbellata (P. calcaratus) rice bean, red bean (also used for adzuki bean). Vigna mango (P. mungo) urd bean, black gram, mash.
Midline Medical Dictionary (2002)
by P. S. Rawat
Red gram dal (3REY) Soyabean (GRT&R) Leafy Vegetables ( TwitHR afsaf) Amaranth, spined (EiðTY &RTÉ) Amaranth, tender (#RITE HT HIT) Bathua ...
Encyclopedia of Food Grains (2015)
by Colin W Wrigley, Harold Corke, Koushik Seetharaman, Jonathan Faubion
Table 1 Grain legume species commonly used for food purposes Botanical name Common name Arachis hypogaea Groundnut, peanut, monkey nut, goober pea, nguba Cajanus cajan Pigeon pea, arhar, red gram, tur, toovar Angola pea, ...
by Charles Gordon Sinclair
red gram see pigeon pea red grouse The finest flavoured of the grouse family Lagopus lagopus scoticus is found only in the UK and Ireland. It is a suh species of the willow grouse, which is ruddy hrown and does not go white in winter.
An Anglo-Indian Dictionary (1885)
A Glossary of Indian Terms Used in English, and of Such English Or Other Non-Indian Terms as Have Obtained Special Meanings in India by George Clifford Whitworth
Other kinds are distinguished, as Black gram, Cow-gram, Green gram, Horse-gram, Red gram.
by International Food Information Service
Red gram Alternative term for pigeon peas. Red hake Marine ...
by Sir George Watt
In Ganjam it was destructive to cotton, red gram, and cucumber " (Cotes). Its habits do not ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Red Gram
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Red Gram
If you need images about Red Gram for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Red Gram to find many related words and phrases!