Quality appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Pack my red box with five dozen quality jugs. (36 letters)
Usage statistics for the noun quality:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun quality
- Definition of the adjective quality
- Phrases with Quality
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Quality
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Quality
- Usage statistics about quality
- Photos about Quality
- Videos about Quality
- Sign language
- Quotes about Quality
- Scrabble value of Q10U1A1L1I1T1Y4
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun quality
What does quality mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: qualities
- an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone
- example: the quality of mercy is not strained
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- more generic word: attribute = an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity
- more specific terms:
- visual aspect / appearance = outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
- attractiveness / attraction = the quality of arousing interest
- uncloudedness / clearness / clarity = the quality of clear water
- opaqueness / opacity = the quality of being opaque to a degree
- divisibility = the quality of being divisible
- simpleness / simplicity / easiness / ease = freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort
- difficultness / difficulty = the quality of being difficult
- combustibleness / combustibility / burnability = the quality of being capable of igniting and burning
- suitableness / suitability = the quality of having the properties that are right for a specific purpose
- arability = the quality of land that is appropriate for cultivation
- impressiveness = the quality of making a strong or vivid impression on the mind
- navigability = the quality of being suitable for the passage of a ship or aircraft
- neediness = the quality of needing attention and affection and reassurance to a marked degree
- distressingness / painfulness = the quality of being painful
- piquantness / piquance / piquancy = the quality of being agreeably stimulating or mentally exciting
- publicity = the quality of being open to public view
- spinnability = the quality of being suitable for spinning or the capability of being spun
- unsuitableness / unsuitability / ineptness = the quality of having the wrong properties for a specific purpose
- protectiveness = the quality of providing protection
- nature = the essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized
- humanness / humanity / manhood = the quality of being human
- atmosphere / aura / air = a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing
- excellence = the quality of excelling
- ultimate = the finest or most superior quality of its kind
- characteristic = a distinguishing quality
- salableness / salability = the quality of being salable or marketable
- changeableness / changeability = the quality of being changeable
- unchangeableness / unchangeability / changelessness / unchangingness = the quality of being unchangeable
- sameness = the quality of being alike
- difference = the quality of being unlike or dissimilar
- foregone conclusion / sure thing / certainty = something that is certain
- probability = the quality of being probable
- precariousness / uncertainness / uncertainty = being unsettled or in doubt or dependent on chance
- factualness / factuality = the quality of being actual or based on fact
- counterfactuality = the quality of being contrary to fact
- corporeality / physicalness / corporality / materiality = the quality of being physical
- incorporeality / immateriality = the quality of not being physical
- particularity / specialness = the quality of being particular and pertaining to a specific case or instance
- generality = the quality of being general or widespread or having general applicability
- simpleness / simplicity = the quality of being simple or uncompounded
- complexness / complexity = the quality of being intricate and compounded
- regularity = the quality of being characterized by a fixed principle or rate
- irregularity / unregularity = not characterized by a fixed principle or rate
- mobility = the quality of moving freely
- immobility = the quality of not moving
- pleasantness / sweetness = the quality of giving pleasure
- unpleasantness = the quality of giving displeasure
- believability / credibleness / credibility = the quality of being believable or trustworthy
- incredibleness / incredibility = the quality of being incredible
- logicalness / logicality = correct and valid reasoning
- illogicalness / inconsequence / illogicality / illogic = invalid or incorrect reasoning
- naturalness = the quality of being natural or based on natural principles
- unnaturalness = the quality of being unnatural or not based on natural principles
- vertu / virtu = artistic quality
- wholesomeness = the quality of being beneficial and generally good for you
- unwholesomeness / morbidness / morbidity = the quality of being unhealthful and generally bad for you
- satisfactoriness = the quality of giving satisfaction sufficient to meet a demand or requirement
- unsatisfactoriness = the quality of being inadequate or unsuitable
- ordinariness / mundaneness / mundanity = the quality of being commonplace and ordinary
- extraordinariness = the quality of being extraordinary and not commonly encountered
- ethnicity = an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties
- curiousness / foreignness / strangeness = the quality of being alien or not native
- nativeness = the quality of belonging to or being connected with a certain place or region by virtue of birth or origin
- originality = the quality of being new and original
- unoriginality = the quality of being unoriginal
- correctness / rightness = conformity to fact or truth
- incorrectness / wrongness = the quality of not conforming to fact or truth
- accuracy / truth = the quality of being near to the true value
- accuracy = the number of significant figures given in a number
- inaccuracy = the quality of being inaccurate and having errors
- popularity = the quality of being widely admired or accepted or sought after
- unpopularity = the quality of lacking general approval or acceptance
- lawfulness = the quality of conforming to law
- unlawfulness = the quality of failing to conform to law
- elegance = a refined quality of gracefulness and good taste
- elegance = a quality of neatness and ingenious simplicity in the solution of a problem
- inelegance = the quality of lacking refinement and good taste
- urbanity = the quality or character of life in a city or town
- comprehensibility / understandability = the quality of comprehensible language or thought
- expressiveness = the quality of being expressive
- incomprehensibility = the quality of being incomprehensible
- humaneness = the quality of compassion or consideration for others
- inhumaneness / inhumanity = the quality of lacking compassion or consideration for others
- morality = concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong
- immorality = the quality of not being in accord with standards of right or good conduct
- amorality = the quality of being amoral
- divinity = the quality of being divine
- sanctitude / holiness / sanctity = the quality of being holy
- ideality = the quality of being ideal
- unholiness = the quality of being unholy
- parental quality = a quality appropriate to a parent
- faithfulness / fidelity = the quality of being faithful
- unfaithfulness / infidelity = the quality of being unfaithful
- sophistication / mundaneness / worldliness / mundanity = the quality or character of being intellectually sophisticated and worldly through cultivation or experience or disillusionment
- naiveness / naivete / naivety = lack of sophistication or worldliness
- hardness = a quality of water that contains dissolved mineral salts that prevent soap from lathering
- penetrability / perviousness = the quality of being penetrable
- impenetrability / imperviousness = the quality of being impenetrable
- soapiness = the quality of being soap or being covered with soap
- fibrousness / fibrosity = the quality of being fibrous
- directiveness / directivity = the quality of being directive
- extremeness = the quality of being extreme
- stuffiness / closeness = the quality of being close and poorly ventilated
- sufficiency / adequacy = the quality of being sufficient for the end in view
- worth = the quality that renders something desirable or valuable or useful
- worthlessness / ineptitude = having no qualities that would render it valuable or useful
- goodness / good = that which is pleasing or valuable or useful
- badness / bad = that which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency
- fruitfulness / fecundity = the quality of something that causes or assists healthy growth
- fruitlessness / barrenness / aridity = the quality of yielding nothing of value
- usefulness / utility = the quality of being of practical use
- unusefulness / uselessness / inutility = the quality of having no practical use
- asset / plus = a useful or valuable quality
- constructiveness = the quality of serving to build or improve
- destructiveness = the quality of causing destruction
- positiveness / positivism / positivity = a quality or state characterized by certainty or acceptance or affirmation and dogmatic assertiveness
- negativeness / negativism / negativity = characterized by habitual skepticism and a disagreeable tendency to deny or oppose or resist suggestions or commands
- occidentalism = the quality or customs or mannerisms characteristic of Western civilizations
- orientalism = the quality or customs or mannerisms characteristic of Asian civilizations
- powerfulness / power = possession of controlling influence
- ability = the quality of being able to perform
- powerlessness / impotence / impotency = the quality of lacking strength or power
- inability / unfitness = lacking the power to perform
- romanticism / romance = an exciting and mysterious quality
- domesticity = the quality of being domestic or domesticated
- boundlessness / limitlessness / unboundedness / infiniteness / infinitude = the quality of being infinite
- boundedness / finiteness / finitude = the quality of being finite
- quantifiability / measurability = the quality of being measurable
- solubility = the quality of being soluble and easily dissolved in liquid
- insolubility = the quality of being insoluble and difficult to dissolve in liquid
- stuff = unspecified qualities required to do or be something
- voluptuousness / hot stuff = the quality of being attractive and exciting
- humour / humor = the quality of being funny
- poignancy / pathos = a quality that arouses emotions
- tone = the quality of something (an act or a piece of writing) that reveals the attitudes and presuppositions of the author
- brachycephalism / brachycephaly = the quality of being brachycephalic
- dolichocephalism / dolichocephaly = the quality of being dolichocephalic
- relativity = the quality of being relative and having significance only in relation to something else
- responsiveness = the quality of being responsive; reacting quickly
- unresponsiveness / deadness = the quality of being unresponsive; not reacting
- subjectivism = the quality of being subjective
- snootiness = the quality of being snooty
- ulteriority = the quality of being ulterior
- memorability = the quality of being worth remembering
- woodsiness / woodiness = the quality of abounding in trees
- waxiness = the quality of being made of wax or covered with wax
- good = having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified
- bad = having undesirable or negative qualities
- positive = characterized by or displaying affirmation or acceptance or certainty etc.
- negative = characterized by or displaying negation or denial or opposition or resistance
- a degree or grade of excellence or worth
- example: the quality of students has risen
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of quality: caliber / calibre
- more generic words: degree / grade / level = a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
- more specific terms:
- a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something
- example: each town has a quality all its own
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of quality: character / lineament
- more generic words: attribute / dimension / property = a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished
- more specific word: texture = the essential quality of something
- (music) the distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound)
- domain: music
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of quality: timber / timbre / tone
- more generic term: sound property = an attribute of sound
- more specific words:
- harmonic = any of a series of musical tones whose frequencies are integral multiples of the frequency of a fundamental
- resonance = the quality imparted to voiced speech sounds by the action of the resonating chambers of the throat and mouth and nasal cavities
- colouration / coloration / colour / color = the timbre of a musical sound
- nasality = a quality of the voice that is produced by nasal resonators
- reverberance / sonorousness / plangency / resonance / sonority / vibrancy / ringing = having the character of a loud deep sound
- shrillness / stridence / stridency = having the timbre of a loud high-pitched sound
- register = the timbre that is characteristic of a certain range and manner of production of the human voice or of different pipe organ stops or of different musical instruments
- high social status
Alternative definition of the noun quality
- [uncountable] Level of excellence
- coordinate terms: quiddity
- [emergency medicine, countable] The third step in OPQRST where the responder investigates what the NOI/MOI feels like.
- [countable] A property or an attribute that differentiates a thing or person.
- [thermodynamics] In a two-phase liquid-vapor mixture, the ratio of the mass of vapor present to the total mass of the mixture.
- [archaic] High social position. (See also [term, the quality].)
- [uncountable] The degree to which a man-made object or system is free from bugs and flaws, as opposed to scope of functions or quantity of items.
Specialised definition of the noun quality
Glossary of sports
a feature of someone's personality such as perfectionism, dedication or single-mindedness (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
- synonym: attribute
Definition of the adjective quality
What does quality mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more quality / most quality
- of superior grade
- of high social status
- examples: people of quality | a quality family
- similar: upper-class
Alternative definition of the adjective quality
- Being of good worth, well made, fit for purpose.
- Quality a.k.a. TNT Airways, a subsidiary of TNT Express, is a cargo and passenger airline, operating chartered flights to mainly European destinations. The airline was founded in 1999 and has its head office in Liège, Belgium, on the grounds of Liège Airport, its hub.
- official website: www.tntairways.com
- Quality is a brand.
"Quality" is a painting (oil paint) by Kenzo Okada, begun in (60 years ago).
- media: oil paint
- "Quality" is rapper Talib Kweli's first solo album. It was released on November 19, 2002 under Rawkus Records. It received wide critical acclaim and had some commercial appeal from the song "Get By", produced by Kanye West.
- "Quality" is a composition.
- music by James Scott
- Quality a.k.a. Quality, California: Quality is an unincorporated community in Kern County, California. It is located on the Southern Pacific Railroad 7.5 miles east of Delano, at an elevation of 509 feet.
- read more about Quality, California
- Quality a.k.a. Quality, Kentucky: Quality is an unincorporated community that is in Butler County, Kentucky, United States. Its post office closed in 1995.
- read more about Quality, Kentucky
- Quality: In philosophy, a quality is an attribute or a property. In contemporary philosophy the idea of qualities, and especially how to distinguish certain kinds of qualities from one another, remains controversial.
- Quality: In response theory, the quality of an excited system is related to the number of excitation frequencies to which it can respond. In the case of a homogeneous, isotropic system, the quality is proportional to the FWHM.
- Quality is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad, created by Vertical Creative Group for Plantique.
- also known as Plantique: "Quality"
- award: - Telly Award for Local TV & Local Cable Commercial - Use of Animation, received by Vertical Creative Group
- Quality is a 2012 Telly Award winning ad, created by Post Asylum for York.
- award: - Telly Award for Regional TV & Multi-Market Cable Commercial - Institutional/Corporate Image, received by Post Asylum
- Quality is a software.
- Quality of the Topic being reviewed from 0 to 100%. For podcasts or radio stations, higher numbers would mean the broadcast is always available. Lower numbers would mean it is frequently down or not accessible.
- Quality of the sign.
Phrases with Quality
Phrases starting with the word Quality:
- Quality time
- Quality circle
- quality control
- quality of life
- Quality Magazine
- Quality assurance
- Quality-adjusted life year
Phrases ending with the word Quality:
- low quality
- The Quality
- high quality
- Voice quality
- surface quality
- maternal quality
- parental quality
- paternal quality
- decline in quality
Other phrase containing the word Quality:
View more phrases with the word Quality in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Quality
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Designed to Facilitate the Subject for Students Preparing for Examination by Joseph Alexander Shearwood
The word quality refers to the time of enjoyment, that is to say, whether it is in immediate possession or will be so at some future time and also to the number and connexion of the tenants. Thus if A is tenant of Dale in fee in severalty and B and ...
by Baldev Raj, T. Jayakumar, M. Thavasimuthu
The word quality refers to the totality of features and characteristics of a product or service that have bearing on its ability to satisfy a given need. Control is the process of regulating or directing an activity to verify its conformance to a standard ...
by Su Mi Dahlgaard-Park
Gryna, for natural products, quality assurance is attained through direct sensory examination of the product —for example, freshness of vegetables in the marketplace. For manufactured products of a simple, ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
quality factor; quart; quarter; quarterly; quartile; quartile deviation; quarto; queer; quench; quenching; queries; ...
by S.N. Chand
medial inspection, or checking the quality standard of partly manufactured ...
by Roberto Patarca Montero
Comorbid conditions such as anxiety and depression further affect quality of life ( Kurtze et al., 1999). Schlenk et al. (1998) found that fibromyalgia patients had comparable quality-of-life scores to patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary ...
The Internet Encyclopedia (2004)
by Hossein Bidgoli
Although software engineering researchers, educators, and practitioners have spent years focusing on developing processes and technologies to improve software quality attributes, much of the software industry has had little motivation to ...
by Norman Hyne Ph.D.
quality factor 5) tetrajoule 6) shale volume 7) quartile 8) apparent total porosity fraction occupied by dispersed clay or shale 9) quantity 11 ) ...
by Stanley Jablonski
electric charge; flow; 1,4- glucan branching enzyme ; glutamine; heat; qualitative; quality; quantity; quart; quartile; Queensland [fever]; query [fever]; question; quinacrine; quinidine; quinone; quotient; radiant energy ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Quality
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about quality
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun quality:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun quality:
Photos about Quality
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: schatz
This is for a future blog post... have noticed now after working on "Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" many businesses have the name "Quality" in them.
Photo credit: cogdogblog
Quality Stock Photo
When using this photo on a website, please include an image credit...
Photo credit: hahn.elizabeth34
- Quality underpants
Random piece of cardboard in a Winnipeg back lane.
Photo credit: Dano
- Epic Fireworks = Quality Fireworks
Photo credit: EpicFireworks
View more pictures about Quality time.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Quality
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition of Quality
Definition of Quality per ISO 9000:2005.
- EM16a Quality Definition
- LinkedIn Speaker Series: Eric Ries on the Lean Startup's Definition of Quality
Eric Ries, the author of The Lean Startup, chats with LinkedIn Executive Chairman and co-founder Reid Hoffman about what quality should mean for ...
- Definition of Quality in Healthcare
Definition of Quality in Healthcare created By African Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQH)...
- Search Advertising With Google: Quality Score Explanation by Google Chief Economist
Google Chief Economist, Hal Varian, explains the how to adjust your bids to maximize the profit from your marketing investment on AdWords - introduction to ...
- Fitterfirst - Exercise Ball Quality Explanation
Exercise Ball Quality Explanation.
- Quality Meaning
Video shows what quality means. Level of excellence. A property or an attribute that differentiates a thing or person.. High social position. (See also .). quality ...
- A Quality Definition
"Quality is a degree of distinction between what one's opinion of good and bad is. Because everyone grows up with his or her own beliefs, morals, etcetera, ...
- Vocabulary video - "quality" definition
Made by Lilika and Sonal at Seisen International School in Tokyo.
- MAINLAND QUALITY: Meaning and Endurance in China's Contemporary Landscape
NOW AVAILABLE IN BOOK FORM Amazon...
- Channel Audio Quality Explanation and Fix
- Momeniti - Funga'onetaka 2 High Audio Definition Quality.
Momeniti - Funga'onetaka 2. High grade Audio Definition Quality.
- Organizing World Quality Month (with Sinhala explanation)
- ESTeam Cleanup for LISE -- Improving Quality in Terminology Databases
Short demo of ESTeam Cleanup, part of LISE...
- 12 Days of Jargon: Day 1 - Data Quality
This is the first of twelve videos discussing technology jargon from the perspective of business intelligence, data quality, system integration -- and Santa's elves.
- Definition of Quality (Natalya Rukol)
When you sit into the taxi, you don't usually ask to 'take you home'. When you come to a cafe, you don't ask for 'some liquid'. Then why so many teams declare ...
- Surface quality Meaning
Video shows what surface quality means. a numerical description of the flatness or roughness of a surface, especially an optical or machined surface. Surface ...
- Quality Language
- Quality Language in Action Summer Camp 2015
Video resumen campamentos bilingues llevados por Quality Language in Action.
- SureFire E1L flashlight quality description
Brief complaint about this SureFire flashlight - 125 retail unit.
- Tejano Salsa varities and quality description
Henry's homemade fresh Tejano Salsa is made without vinegar and Henry uses serrano peppers. This is quality your family deserves. It can be found at Kroger ...
- English Learning || Level 6 || The Adjective of Quality
Kids watch & learn english and enjoy animated stories ,rhymes & poems.This is the best destination and a one stop channel for kids and their parents who want ...
- Character Quality Language Arts Pros and Cons
Character Quality Language Arts is a language arts program designed for second through twelfth grade. This twelve part course instills Christian principles in ...
- Character Quality Language - Craig A Farnsworth, 2007
Craig A Farnsworth, co-founder of Marriage Transformation, explains the concept of using Character Quality Language to acknowledge a positive action ...
- Auerbach International Inc. - Language Translation Services: Quality & Value
Auerbach International Inc. provides quality language translation and global marketing services that meet various budgetary requirments.
- DDPE Module 6: Eliciting Quality Narratives in Expressive Language
Differential Diagnosis in Preschool Evaluations: A Case Study Module 6: Eliciting Quality Narratives in Expressive Language In this module Cate shows us how ...
- Xiaomi Yi Enduro test (quality info on the end and description)
Video is at 720p and shot at 1080p 60fps. Underwater accessory is use REALLY AFFECTS the video quality (and sound).
- Welcome to Leeds English Language School - Grade 1 for excellence and quality
- Quality Standards in English Language Education
Panel Discussion on Quality Standards in English Language Education convened by the British Council on 30 January, 2014 in New Delhi Panel: Keith Morrow, ...
- Using Digital Body Language to Improve Lead Quality at Avid
In this short video, learn how Sam Adler at Avid has improved the quality of the leads he sends to sales by looking at the prospect's digital body language.
See also the pronunciation examples of Quality!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Junior Doctors, quality sign language guy!! Toilet brush
An episode of the very interesting programme "Junior Doctors - Your life in their hands" on BBC Three. It was at about 4am and it included a guy doing the sign ...
- SIGN LANGUAGE - High Quality Hand Painted signs- Call Us (415) 845-1354
- [Hanoi Sign Language] The Alphabet - High Quality
- [Hanoi Sign Language] The numbers and circumflex - High Quality
- Notify NYC American Sign Language (ASL) Message: Air Quality Health Advisory
A Notify NYC American Sign Language (ASL) message. Learn more and sign up for Notify NYC...
Quotes about Quality
There's a kind of dynamic quality about theater and that dynamic quality expresses itself in relation to, first of all, the environment in which it's being staged; then the audience, the nature of the audience, the quality of the audience. (Wole Soyinka)
more quotes about quality...
Scrabble value of Q10U1A1L1I1T1Y4
The value of this 7-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Quality to see it in context!