On this page:
Definition of the noun postmaster
What does postmaster mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: postmasters
- the person in charge of a post office
Alternative definition of the noun postmaster
- the head of a post office
- the account name of the administrator of an electronic mail system
- [British] a scholar at Merton College Oxford
- Postmaster is a fictional character from the 1996 film The Lottery.
- Postmaster is a fictional character in the 2002 short horror film The Mailbox written and directed by David Curran.
- Postmaster is a fictional character from the 1958 film Once Upon a Horse.
- Postmaster is a fictional character from 1968 film Isabel.
- Postmaster is a fictional character from the 2010 film The American.
- Postmaster is a fictional character from the 1942 film They Flew Alone.
- Postmaster is a fictional character from the 1941 film The Devil Commands.
- Postmaster is a fictional character from the 1941 film Jhoola.
- Postmaster is a fictional character from the 1993 film The Remains of the Day.
There are other characters with in their name, like Postmaster General.
Postmaster: In computers and technology, postmaster is a term used to identify the administrator of a mail server. Nearly every domain will have the e-mail address [email protected] where errors in e-mail processing are directed. Error e-mails automatically generated by mail servers’ MTAs usually appear to have been sent to the postmaster address.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Postmaster
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas H. Odom
A postmaster is an executive officer.
by Alan Schwartz
com, postmaster is an alias for the local ...
Parallel Computing Works! (2014)
by Geoffrey C. Fox, Roy D. Williams, Guiseppe C. Messina
The postmaster is a two-faced element. Its first face is that of a normal GENESIS element which it presents to the rest of the simulation. This first aspect of the postmaster is able to pass GENESIS messages between elements and allows use of ...
by Mrinal Talukdar
Electronic postmaster An electronic postmaster is the capability in a program, usually a special program designated as an email server, for handling the distribution, forwarding and receiving of e-mail in a network. Electronic publishing on ...
by John Bouvier, Francis Rawle
postmaster at New York, according to the amount of salary ; those of the first class receiving three thousand or more, those of the fourth less than one thousand ; 1 Supp. R. S. 110, 417. They must give bond to the United States; see U. S. v.
A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States of America, and of the Several States of the American Union (1883)
With References to the Civil and Other Systems of Foreign Law by John Bouvier
POSTMASTER POSTULATIO POSTMASTER. An officer who keeps a post-offiee, attending to the receipt, forwarding, and delivery of letters and other matter passing through the mail. Postmasters must reside within the delivery for which they ...
by Michael Kazin, Rebecca Edwards, Adam Rothman
Gilpin Postmaster General Secretary of Navy Amos Kendall John M. Niles Mahlon Dickerson James Paulding The William Harrison Administration President William H. Harrison Vice President John Tyler Secretary of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Postmaster
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Postmaster
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Postmaster
Video shows what postmaster means. The head of a post office.. The administrator of an electronic mail system.. A kind of scholar at Merton College, Oxford; ...
View more videos about Postmaster General.
See also the pronunciation examples of Postmaster!
Scrabble value of P3O1S1T1M3A1S1T1E1R1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Postmaster to see it in context!