On this page:
Definition of the noun polyose
What does polyose mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- any of a class of carbohydrates whose molecules contain chains of monosaccharide molecules
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of polyose: polysaccharide
- more generic words: carbohydrate / saccharide / sugar = an essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances
- more specific terms:
- chitin = a tough semitransparent horny substance
- cellulose = a polysaccharide that is the chief constituent of all plant tissues and fibers
- animal starch / glycogen = one form in which body fuel is stored
- inulin = used to manufacture fructose and in assessing kidney function
- dextrin = any of various polysaccharides obtained by hydrolysis of starch
- mucopolysaccharide = complex polysaccharides containing an amino group
- amylum / starch = a complex carbohydrate found chiefly in seeds, fruits, tubers, roots and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice
- substance: glucosamine = an amino derivative of glucose that is a component of many polysaccharides
Alternative definition of the noun polyose
- [obsolete, organic chemistry] polysaccharide
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Polyose
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by I. C. Gupta, S. K. Gupta
Polyose obtained from seeds good substitute for fruit proteins. Bark and leaves used for tanning. Tamarindus ...
by Arnold E. Bender
polyose Polysaccharide. polyoxyethylene ...
pOlyOSe 'pop' n. [poly- + -ose.
polyose 'pot' n. [poly- + -ose.] An old name for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Polyose
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Polyose
Video shows what polyose means. polysaccharide. Polyose Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say polyose. Powered by MaryTTS ...
Scrabble value of P3O1L1Y4O1S1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Polyose to find many related words and phrases!