On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun plant process
What does plant process mean as a name of something?
- a natural projection or outgrowth from a plant body or organ
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of plant process: enation
- more generic words: appendage / outgrowth / process = a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant
- more specific terms:
- podetium = an organ or body resembling a stalk
- peristome = fringe of toothlike appendages surrounding the mouth of a moss capsule
- haustorium = a root-like attachment in parasitic plants that penetrates and obtains food from the host
- apophysis = a natural swelling or enlargement: at the base of the stalk or seta in certain mosses or on the cone scale of certain conifers
- callus = an isolated thickening of tissue, especially a stiff protuberance on the lip of an orchid
- blister = a swelling on a plant similar to that on the skin
- tubercle / nodule = small rounded wartlike protuberance on a plant
- spur = tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers
- aculeus = a stiff sharp-pointed plant process
- acumen = a tapering point
- tomentum / fuzz / hair = filamentous hairlike growth on a plant
- leaf node / node = the small swelling that is the part of a plant stem from which one or more leaves emerge
- burl = a large rounded outgrowth on the trunk or branch of a tree
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Plant Process
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 38 - Piping Design: Economic Diameter to Pollution Abatement Equipment: Alloy Selection by John J. McKetta Jr
per configuration alternative Process flow diagrams for alternative configurations Plant configuration Plant process flow diagram Plant availability goal TABLE 4 Conceptual Design Definition Procedure Products Prepare alternative system.
Definition of Terms and Concepts by Clifton A. Ericson, II
A plant process primarily deals with a continuous flow of production of a product, as opposed to the manufacture of a discrete item. Process safety covers those safety aspects involved with the processing or production of chemicals, explosives, ...
by Joelle Steele
RESPIRATION An ongoing plant process, requiring oxygen, in which plants burn up energy by releasing that energy for all plant processes and producing carbon dioxide, as a waste product, which is used later in the process of photosynthesis ...
by Carl Schaschke
process plant process economics An evaluation ofa process in.
by Douglas M. Considine
Steady state ( Plant process) Steckling Stele Stemless plant Stem (Plant) Stipule Stomate Stone ...
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
shaft, sprig, stalk, stamen, stem, stems, stipel, stolon, stoma, stomata, tendril, trunk, xylem plant pest: aphid, aphis, mite plant plot: bed plant pore: stoma plant pot or stand, large decorative: jardiniere plant process using carbon dioxide, water, ...
by George Watt
WET PLANT PROCESS. Supply of widen—Proximity to a» river or other unfailing source of water is indispensable. In order that the water may be brought on a level with the highest vat in the concern, pumps may be required. The water should ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Plant Process
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Plant Process
If you need images about Plant Process for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Plant Process
TDP-2-800 plant process description
TDP-2-800 plant is based on pyrolysis technology and is capable for processing drilling waste, oil sludge, waste plastic and used tires on continuous mode.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Plant Process to see it in context!