On this page:
- Definition of the noun physical attraction
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Physical Attraction
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Physical Attraction
- Photos about Physical Attraction
- Video about Physical Attraction
- Quotes about Physical Attraction
- Share this page
Definition of the noun physical attraction
What does physical attraction mean as a name of something?
- a desire for sexual intimacy
- lexical domain: Feelings - nouns denoting feelings and emotions
- synonyms of physical attraction: concupiscence / eros / sexual desire
- more generic word: desire = the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state
- more specific terms:
- erotic love / sexual love / love = a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction
- aphrodisia = a desire for heterosexual intimacy
- anaphrodisia = decline or absence of sexual desire
- passion = a feeling of strong sexual desire
- sensualness / sensualism / sensuality = desire for sensual pleasures
- amativeness / amorousness / eroticism / sexiness / erotism = the arousal of feelings of sexual desire
- fetish = a form of sexual desire in which gratification depends to an abnormal degree on some object or item of clothing or part of the body
- libido = a Freudian term for sexual urge or desire
- lecherousness / lustfulness / lust = a strong sexual desire
- nymphomania = abnormally intense sexual desire in women
- satyriasis = abnormally intense sexual desire in men
- the hots = intense sexual desire
- "Physical Attraction" is a composition.
- music by Reggie Lucas
- "Physical Attraction" is a musical album of The Flirts.
- released in (14 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Physical Attraction
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kevin L. Nadal
Men also report greater physical attraction to younger women and to women who are ovulating. When selecting partners for long-term relationships, heterosexual men desire characteristics indicative of warmth, trustworthiness, and status (in ...
Vol. 1- by Harry T. Reis, Susan Sprecher
Many traits or factors can lead to liking, lust, or love between two people; these factors include physical attraction, similarity, and familiarity, among others. Another construct that can lead two people to become friends or lovers is proximity, ...
by Robert Kastenbaum
Physical attraction has been most often studied by researchers. This form of attraction is most important when one first meets another person. However, as people come to know each other better, the initial perception of physical attractiveness ...
by Bron Taylor
An aesthetic value underscores the physical attraction and beauty of nature. This perspective has been instru- mental in developing the human capacities for recogniz- ing and promoting order and organization, developing ideas of harmony, ...
The Narcissism Bible by Sam Vaknin
Physical Attraction and Sexual Availability 2. Good-naturedness 3. Faithfulness 4. Protective Affectionateness 5. Dependability There are three possible explanations as to why men look for these qualities in women: the evolutionary- biological ...
by Constance L. Shehan
Physical attraction is also predictive of which potential partners a person approaches. Facial symmetry and proportionality play a role in judgments of physical attractiveness, as does a woman's waist-to-hip ratio. Modern technologies have ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Physical Attraction
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Physical Attraction
Click on an item to view that photo:
Deborah Lippmann Physical Attraction
Photo credit: JenPolishAholic
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Physical Attraction
Demarzo - Physical Attraction (Definition Remix)
See also the pronunciation examples of Physical Attraction!
Quotes about Physical Attraction
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Physical Attraction to see it in context!