On this page:
- Definition of the adjective opportune
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Opportune
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Opportune
- Photo about Opportune
- Video language resources about Opportune
- Quotes about Opportune
- Scrabble value of O1P3P3O1R1T1U1N1E1
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective opportune
What does opportune mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more opportune / most opportune
- suitable or at a time that is suitable or advantageous especially for a particular purpose
Alternative definition of the adjective opportune
- Suitable for some particular purpose.
- antonym: inopportune
- At a convenient or advantageous time.
Opportune is a fictional character from the 2009 film Park Benches.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Opportune
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Opportune,oportūn′, adj.present at a proper time: timely: convenient.—adv. Opportune′ly.—ns.Opportune′ness; Opportun′ism, practice of regulating principles by favourable opportunities withoutregard to consistency; Opportun′ ist,a ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
opportune ; Lat. Opportunely, adv. yopportunus. Season- Opportu'nity, n. s. 3 able; well-timed or circumstanced ; convenient : the adverb following these senses : opportunity is, fit time or place ; convenience ; propitious ; concurrence of ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
* OPPORTUNE. adf.[ opportune,¥T.epporttaau, The Roman ladies, 18 years after, petitioned for Lat.] Seasonable; convenient; fit; timely; well- its repeal. Cato opposed the repeal, and vented ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
* practice, exercise, drill seasonable, timely, well-timed, opportune, pat can mean occurring or coming with peculiar appropriateness as to moment or present situation.
Opportune Crime Opportune crimes involving counterfeit or forged documents are events that generally occur in isolation, involving limited perpetrators. It is not uncommon for the quality of documents created under these circumstances to be ...
A Thesaurus Dictionary of the English Language Designed to Suggest Immediately Any Desired Word Needed to Express Exactly a Given Idea (1906)
A Dictionary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Foreign Phrases, Pronunciations, a Copious Correlation of Words by Francis Andrew March
Opportune. Timely; fortunate; lucky. Propitious. Auspicious; favorable. Providential. Brought about by the providence of God. %asonable. Timely; done at the proper time. Suitable, etc. Fitting; appropriate. See HARMONY. Timeful. Seasonable ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Opportune
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Opportune
An opportune moment
Oyster catchers from a roof-height window. Scan of a mounted copy doesn't come out the best.
Photo credit: downatthezoo
Video language resources about Opportune
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Opportune!
Quotes about Opportune
Scrabble value of O1P3P3O1R1T1U1N1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Opportune to see it in context!