Omani appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Moor let Omani in a motel room.
- No Omani devil lived in a moon.
- In a monad, Emma jammed an Omani.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun omani
- Definition of the adjective omani
- Phrases with Omani
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Omani
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Omani
- Photos about Omani
- Videos about Omani
- Quotes about Omani
- Scrabble value of O1M3A1N1I1
- Anagrams of OMANI
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun omani
What does omani mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Omanis
- a native or inhabitant of Oman
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic words: Arab / Arabian = a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa
- member of: Muscat and Oman / Oman / Sultanate of Oman = a strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula
Alternative definition of the noun omani
- A person from Oman or of Omani descent.
Definition of the adjective omani
What does omani mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to Oman or its people
- examples: Omani oil producers | Omani ports
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Omani a.k.a. Oman, officially the Sultanate of Oman, is an Arab country in Southwest Asia, on the southeast coast of the Arabian Peninsula. Holding a strategically important position at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the nation is bordered by the United Arab Emirates to the northwest, Saudi Arabia to the west, and Yemen to the southwest, and shares marine borders with Iran and Pakistan. The coast is formed by the Arabian Sea on the southeast and the Gulf of Oman on the northeast. The Madha and Musandam exclaves are surrounded by the UAE on their land borders, with the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman forming Musandam's coastal boundaries.
- also known as Sultanate of Oman, عُمان, سلطنة عُمان, Muscat and Oman
- founded in (364 years ago)
- part of Asia, Arabian Peninsula, Middle East, Arab world, Eurasia, Arabia, Gulf States
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- part: capital of Oman / Masqat / Muscat = a port on the Gulf of Oman and capital of the sultanate of Oman
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation
- member: Omani = a native or inhabitant of Oman
- read more about Oman (country)
Phrases with Omani
Phrases starting with the word Omani:
Phrases ending with the word Omani:
- Bibio Omani
- Sepia omani
- Buenoa omani
- Sigara omani
- Ulidia Omani
- Ballana Omani
- Blissus omani
- Oliarus Omani
- Perdita omani
- Thionia Omani
- Bolteria omani
- Empoasca Omani
- Eupteryx Omani
- Geocoris omani
- Gyponana Omani
- Silvanana Omani
- Stigmella Omani
View more phrases with the word Omani in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Omani
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Martin A. Klein
process establishing an Omani commercial hegemony over the Swahili coast from a base in Zanzibar. In the early 19th century, the regime of Said Sayyid ibn Sultan developed clove plantations on the islands of Zanzibar and Pemba and a ...
by Mark Juergensmeyer, Wade Clark Roof
They are now called Omani. Besides the Omani population, there is a large community of immigrants, coming mainly from Asia: India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines. The majority are Sunnī and Shi'a Muslims, but there ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Omani
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Omani
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Omani cat
Photo credit: Marco Zanferrari
- Omani kids
Photo credit: Martin Dougiamas
- Omani goat
Photo credit: Kim Kash
- Omani and the gun
Three Omani guys having a day break together in a cave @ jebel akhdar / Oman
Photo credit: Enis Eryilmaz
- Omani desert sunset
Photo credit: hansbirger
- Omani sunset near Muscat
Photo credit: Johannes Martin
- Omani Mosque in Mountains
Typical Omani Mosque in Mountains of Oman
Photo credit: pjmbarlickoz
- Driving to the top in the Omani desert
Photo credit: Johannes Martin
- Omani delegation
Photo credit: Campaign Against Arms Trade
- Omani coast
Photo credit: visitoman
- Omani Piper
Photo credit: NicestAlan
- The Omani fort
Photo credit: dclay
- Omani desert copy
Photo credit: Chris_Eden
- Omani fort
Photo credit: dclay
- Omani sultan's palace, Zanzibar
Photo credit: Kent MacElwee
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Omani
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Omani
Birds align with grain, but not with the stick.
more quotes about omani...
Scrabble value of O1M3A1N1I1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of OMANI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
- IN A MO
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
- MA NOI
See also the blanagrams of Omani!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Omani to see it in context!