On this page:
- Definition of the noun nightcap
- Phrases with Nightcap
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nightcap
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nightcap
- Photos about Nightcap
- Video about Nightcap
- Sign language
- Quotes about Nightcap
- Scrabble value of N1I1G2H4T1C3A1P3
- Anagrams of NIGHTCAP
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun nightcap
What does nightcap mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: nightcaps
- an alcoholic drink taken at bedtime; often alcoholic
- a cloth cap worn in bed
- the final game of a double header
Alternative definition of the noun nightcap
- A warm cloth cap worn while sleeping, often with pajamas. Nightcaps were common in northern Europe before central heating was available, when homes were cold at night.
- A beverage drunk before bed that is usually alcoholic.
- [baseball] The second game of a doubleheader
Specialised definition of the noun nightcap
Glossary of sports / baseball
the second of the two games in a double-header (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
- "Nightcap": Nightcap: The Unreleased Masters 1973–1991 is a Jethro Tull double CD album released on 22 November 1993 with older and previously unreleased material. The first CD contains material recorded in August 1972, much of which would be re-recorded and re-arranged as their sixth album, A Passion Play. "Scenario", "Audition" and "No Rehearsal" had previously appeared on the 20 Years of Jethro Tull box set as parts of a single track entitled "The Chateau d'Isaster Tapes"; this overall title is also used on Nightcap as the title of Disc one. The second CD ranges from 1974 to 1991. The album was produced in limited quantities with proceeds going to charity.
- "Nightcap" is a musical album of Marilyn Scott.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Nightcap" is a musical album of The Brown Derbies.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Nightcap" is a musical album of Bare Necessities.
"Nightcap" is a book by Francis Durbridge.
- subject: Drama
- Nightcap: A nightcap is a warm cloth cap worn while sleeping, often with pajamas or a nightshirt. They are similar to winter "beanies" worn in cold climates. They were common in northern Europe before central heating was available, when homes were cold at night.
- Nightcap: A nightcap is an alcoholic beverage consumed right before going to bed. Traditional nightcaps are brandy, bourbon, or cream-based liqueurs such as Irish cream, however wine or beer can also be a nightcap.
- Nightcap is a TV program, begun on (15 years ago).
- Nightcap is a Canadian comedy and variety television series which aired on CBC Television from 1963 to 1967.
- Nightcap is a Canadian musical variety television series which aired on CBC Television from 1953 to 1954.
- begun on and completed on (61 years ago)
- country: Canada
Phrases with Nightcap
- Lady's Nightcap
- Bigpod Lady's Nightcap
- Hawaii Lady's Nightcap
- Florida Lady's Nightcap
- Creeping Lady's Nightcap
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nightcap
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sandra Cavallo, Tessa Storey
nightcap is an item rarely found in Roman inventories of this period. It is possible that the growing recourse to canopy beds, dressed with thick, heavy curtains hanging from the so-called trabacca or padiglione, now represented a more ...
A silk nightcap is a great comfort in winter, and is very good for the hair; it can be made of brown or black silk, and fitted nicely so it will not slip about. — [Christie Irving, in Farm and Fireside. CHILDREN'S DINNER PARTY. Mothers generally ...
The dictionary of medical and surgical knowledge, by the editor of the 'Dictionary of useful knowledge'. (1864)
To prevent this friction, nature has provided the peritoneum, an immense shut bag, like a man's closed nightcap. The inside — that portion out of sight — presents, when cut open, a smooth, glairy surface, studded with innumerable vessels, ...
by Mary De Young
The nightcap was placed on the shaved head of the patient to reduce irritation and fury, and to induce sleep. Its use was predicated on the theory that what generally was referred to as “mania,” was caused by a plethora of blood in the brain.
Dictionary of Americanism (1848)
by John Russel Bartlett
* NIGHTCAP. A glass of hot toddy or gin-sling taken before going to bed at night. When a second glass ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nightcap
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Nightcap
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: veritatem
Photo credit: kirinqueen
Photo credit: PatCastaldo
Photo credit: andrex_ca_art
Photo credit: H.L.I.T.
Photo credit: ultrakickgirl
Photo credit: jamingray
At the end of a week of walking what better way to finish than with a Tribute in the lounge car.
Photo credit: shirokazan
Photo credit: Danielle Scott
- Nightcap Peak, Blue Canyon
A view looking Southwest down onto Hwy 108 from the Saint Mary's Pass Trail, towards Night Cap Peak and Blue Canyon. Picture by Jim Bales.
Photo credit: Forest Service, USDA
- Nightcap blurry Skyte
1 Likes on Instagram
2 Comments on Instagram:
honeymae: Been really enjoying your blurry skytrain series!
roland: @honeymae glad somebody does :-) got thousands of them but will just try and post only the best ones here
Photo credit: roland
- And perhaps a nightcap of bubbles
Photo credit: 00dann
- Horlicks nightcap saves the day
Everybody's Weekly, 11th December 1954
Photo credit: Lady Wulfrun
- Morgan's creek bourbon nightcap!
Photo credit: varese
- FT CNBC Nightcap
Photo credit: Financial Times photos
- Cabin Country Nightcap
Up-North Late-night Lake snack: S'mores
Photo credit: 26.3andBeyond
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Nightcap
Video shows what nightcap means. A warm cloth cap worn while sleeping, often with pajamas, being common attire in northern Europe before effective home ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Nightcap!
NIGHTCAP v2 - Michelle Gardner & Lip Sync Sign Language
During the Nightcap at Serial Killers at Sacred Fools theater, Michelle Gardener and her friends Devereau Chumrau, Rodnesha Green, Monica Greene, and ...
Quotes about Nightcap
Choose your wife with her nightcap on.
more quotes about nightcap...
Scrabble value of N1I1G2H4T1C3A1P3
The value of this 8-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NIGHTCAP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Nightcap!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Nightcap to see it in context!