Miserable appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Some model bares impassed udders we jet on if I note Jews red dudes sap, miserable, do memos.
- Sevilla model bares impassively-lionised udders, as red dudes in oily Levis sap miserable domal lives.
- Some model bares impractical illiterate misdraws, agog as wards I met are, ’til lilac IT carp, miserable, do memos.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective miserable:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective miserable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Miserable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Miserable
- Photos about Miserable
- Video language resources about Miserable
- Quotes about Miserable
- Scrabble value of M3I1S1E1R1A1B3L1E1
- Anagrams of MISERABLE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective miserable
What does miserable mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more miserable / most miserable
- very unhappy; full of misery
- deserving or inciting pity
- of the most contemptible kind
- of very poor quality or condition
- characterized by physical misery
- contemptibly small in amount
Alternative definition of the adjective miserable
- In a state of misery: very sad, ill, or poor.
- Very bad (at something); unskilled, incompetent.
- "Miserable" is a song from Lit's album A Place in the Sun. It was the third single released from the album.
- "Miserable" is a musical album of Bongripper.
- released on
- "Miserable" is a musical single of Lit.
- released in (15 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Miserable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
We do not use the verb to miserate; we do not know that the adjective miserable means able to be commiserated, for we use it in a different sense, as if ...
An Irish-English Dictionary, Containing Upwards of Twenty Thousand Words that Never Appeared in Any Former Irish Lexicon: with Copious Quotations from the Most Esteemed Ancient and Modern Writers, to Elucidate the Meaning of Obscure Words and Numerous Comparisons ... ; to which is Annexed, a Compendious Irish Grammar. By Edward O'Reilly (1821)
a poor miserable creature орuat, truadh, a.lean, piteous, disastrous, miserable грuasar, ...
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
miser, miserable: It. and Sp. misero, wretched, miserable]: one whose chief pleasure is the acquirement and hoarding up of money; one who, though wealthy, lives miserably through dread of poverty. MI's ERLY, a -li, very ...
by W.E Vine, Rev Terry Kulakowski, Editor
“pitiable, miserable” (from , “mercy, pity”; see MERCY), is used in Rev. 3: 17, in the Lord's description of the church at Laodicea; here the idea is probably that of a combination of “misery” and pitiableness.¶ Note: For the comparative ...
by Nils K. Oeijord, Mitch C. Bronston
you-mince-yourway-somewhere instinct mind, the-ability-to-form-a-theory- ofmind-about-another-person instinct miracle, to-treat-as-a-miracle instinct mirth, mirth instinct miser, miser instinct miserable, to-be-made-miserable-by-your- mistakes ...
An Irish-English Dictionary (1817)
by Edward O'Reilly
a poor miserable creature Юрию, :rund/z, a. lean, piteous, disastrous, miserable Cpuaòar, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Miserable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Miserable
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Banalities
Photo credit: j thorn explains it all
- A miserable afternoon
Photo credit: 70023venus2009
- An utterly miserable day today!!!
Weather like this should not be allowed!!!
Photo credit: 70023venus2009
Photo credit: Kelly Sue
- Miserable wet day
No one likes standing on a platform waiting for a train. In this weather its even worse!
Photo credit: MICOLO J Thanx
- A Miserable Bee
Photo credit: samsaundersleeds
- ""A miserable Wretch,"
exclaimed Mr. Knag, striking his forehead. "A miserable Wretch.""
Ilustraciones pertenecientes al libro :
The life and adventures of Nicholas Nickleby ; The adventures of Oliver Twist / by Charles Dickens ; with fifty-nine illustrations by F. Barnard [for the first work] ; with twenty-eight illustrations by J. Mahoney [for the second work]. - London : Chapman and Hall, [1875?]
Photo credit: Biblioteca Rector Machado y Nuñez
- Miserable Morrises.
This 575 van and Minor 1000 are in a sad state, visible from the road at Reidston on SH1 just south of Oamaru in a paddock full of old cars...
Photo credit: NZ Car Freak
- Miserable - Wichte
Photo credit: kouk
- London, Miserable
Photo credit: Viditu
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Miserable
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Miserable!
Quotes about Miserable
Scrabble value of M3I1S1E1R1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MISERABLE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Miserable!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Miserable to see it in context!