The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun merchandise:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun merchandise
- Definition of the verb merchandise
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Merchandise
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Merchandise
- Photos about Merchandise
- Video language resources about Merchandise
- Quotes about Merchandise
- Scrabble value of M3E1R1C3H4A1N1D2I1S1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun merchandise
What does merchandise mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: merchandises
- commodities offered for sale
- example: good business depends on having good merchandise
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of merchandise: product / ware
- more generic terms: commodity / good / trade good = articles of commerce
- more specific terms:
- consignment / shipment / freight / loading / payload / lading / cargo / load = goods carried by a large vehicle
- contraband = goods whose importation or exportation or possession is prohibited by law
- feature = an article of merchandise that is displayed or advertised more than other articles
- generic = any product that can be sold without a brand name
- ironmongery = the merchandise that is sold in an ironmonger's shop
- irregular / second = merchandise that has imperfections
- line of merchandise / line of business / line of products / business line / product line / line = a particular kind of product or merchandise
- number = an item of clothing
- refill = a commercial product that refills a container with its appropriate contents
- release = merchandise issued for sale or public showing
- schlock / shlock / dreck = merchandise that is shoddy or inferior
- software package / software product = merchandise consisting of a computer program that is offered for sale
- inventory / stock = the merchandise that a shop has on hand
- top of the line = the best (most expensive) in a given line of merchandise
- piece goods / yard goods = merchandise in the form of fabrics sold by the yard
- part of: mercantile establishment / outlet / retail store / sales outlet = a place of business for retailing goods
Alternative definition of the noun merchandise
- [uncountable] Commodities offered for sale.
- synonym: wares
- [countable] A commodity offered for sale; an article of commerce; a kind of merchandise.
- synonym: product
Definition of the verb merchandise
What does merchandise mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: merchandised | merchandising | merchandises
- engage in the trade of
- domain: commerce / commercialism / mercantilism
- lexical domain: Possession - verbs of buying, selling, owning
- synonym of merchandise: trade
- more specific terms:
- black market / run = deal in illegally, such as arms or liquor
- traffic = trade or deal a commodity
- arbitrage = practice arbitrage, as in the stock market
- traffic = deal illegally
- market = engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of
- import = bring in from abroad
- export = sell or transfer abroad
- entailments: buy / purchase = obtain by purchase; sell = exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent
Merchandise is a musical group.
- albums: "(Strange Songs) In the Dark", "Children of Desire", "Merchandise EP", "Totale Nite", "After The End", "Begging for Your Life / In the City Light"
- official website: merchandisetheband.wordpress.com
"Merchandise" is a musical EP of Aisle.
- released on (5 years ago)
Merchandise a.k.a. Merchandise Inc. is a wholesale distributor of health & beauty care and general merchandise located in Miamitown, Ohio, just west of Cincinnati. The company was founded in 1964 by pharmacist Donald J. Karches. His son, Donald W. Karches, now owns and operates this small business and continues to discount over-the-counter and other drug store commodities for local, national, and international customers.
- read more about Merchandise Inc.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Merchandise
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Freeman Hunt, William B. Dana, Isaac Smith Homans
Money exists only by legislation ; merchandise is the product of individual labor and enterprise. Money is the legal st mdard by which value is measured ; merchandise is that which is valued by aid of this standard. Money, as such, has no ...
Including: Addresses on Important Public Topics: Speeches in the State and United States Senate, and in Support of the Government During the Rebellion; Correspondence, Private and Political (collected and Arranged by Mrs. Dickinson), Poems (collected and Arranged by Mrs. Mygatt), Etc by John R. Dickinson
Merchandise is a vcndable, consumable commodity, and, in its most enlarged sense, valuable as such. The value of money is...
Merchandise is the direct offspring of individual enterprise, and is in the hands of all. Money is made a tender in ...
Fisch ER, General Appraiser: The merchandise is an oiled paper with a cotton back.
by Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates
Money exists only by legislation; merchandise is the product of individual labor or of private enterprise. Money is the legal standard by which value is measured; merchandise is that which is valued by the aid of this standard. Money, as such ...
Sports Marketing (2013)
Creating Long Term Value by John A. Davis, Jessica Zutz Hilbert
billion overall,1 and sports- licensed merchandise is a large part of the total licensing market: zz Sports merchandising is 13.5 percent of the total licensing market in the United States.2 zz ...
Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success by Entrepreneur Press, Eileen Figure Sandlin
ailing down the details about where you'll obtain or manufacture your merchandise is a huge step forward in bringing your fashion accessories to market. The next logical step in the development of your business is to figure out exactly where ...
I.T. in Retailing (2012)
Application of Information Technology and Corporate Models in Retailing by Robert Lewis
However, whether such a system could be both inexpensive enough for use with high volume, low cost goods and effective enough to find application on high unit cost merchandise is a matter for conjecture and crystalball gazing. At the end of ...
Post-Object Fandom (2015)
Television, Identity and Self-narrative by Rebecca Williams
Consumption is clearly a huge part of fandom and the acquisition of fan-related merchandise is a key part of fan engagement and attachment (see Geraghty 2014). However, the fact that only one respondent out of sixty-four mentions this as a ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1920)
Merchandise imported into the Dominican Republic is dutiable either on gross or net weight. The following regulations and definitions are taken from the Dominican customs tariff in force January 1, 1910: Rule 29. No * shall be collected on ...
Encyclopedia of railroading (1910)
able goods, such as produce and the like, and is lower than the fixed merchandise rate. For example : The merchandise rate from New York to Chicago is $2.50 per 100 pounds. The general special (G-. S.) rate on oysters in bulk between the ...
Techniques and Technology by John Fay
Exceptions such as wrong or damaged merchandise should be noted during this process. If any concealed damage is observed, the transfer company should be notified immediately and arrangements made to settle the claim which usually ...
Being a Complete Encyclopedia of All the Case Law of the Federal Supreme Court Up to and Including Volume 206 U.S. Supreme Court Reports (book 51 Lawyers' Edition)
66; MERCHANT-MERCANTILE—MERCHANDISE.—“Merchandise” is a comprehensive term, and may include every article of traffic, whether foreign or domestic, which is properly embraced by a commercial regulation." MERGER.
by Christine Fauré
Merchandise: The. Slave. Trade. and. Commercial. Alienation. The world market system connected twokindsof slave trade:trade conductedwithin each continent, andinterregional trade, which crossed the Sahara, the Red Sea,the Atlantic, ...
by John Ramsay McCulloch
Red river through Fulton, or by the route of the Missouri River through Independence Consequently foreign imported merchandise exported or conveyed to the placet in Mexico, or New Mexico, mentioned, by any other routes than those ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Merchandise
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Merchandise
Click on an item to view that photo:
photo by Charlotte Riddervold
Photo credit: EU Social
Photo credit: thekirbster
Photo credit: coconut wireless
Photo credit: coconut wireless
...because everyone needs socks with famous Korean actors printed on them....
Photo credit: seafaringwoman
Photo credit: micadew
- Merchandise Mart, Chicago
Photo credit: danxoneil
- Merchandise Mart - Chicago
love the Nikon VR lens
Photo credit: LongitudeLatitude
- Green Party merchandise: Mugs
Photo credit: The Green Party / Comhaontas Glas
- Merchandise at the Horn
Photo credit: p_a_h
- Merchandise Mart, Chicago, Blue Sky
Photo credit: danxoneil
- Colourful merchandise
Photo credit: Sheep purple
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Merchandise
Click on an item to play that video:
- Merchandise Inventory Adustment Explanation
- Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers Job Description
Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers Job Description.
- Canvas Inventory and Merchandise Manager Job Description Mobile App
- Angry merchandise geek-language sets
- Sample description of merchandise availability daily
See also the pronunciation examples of Merchandise!
Quotes about Merchandise
Junk is the ultimate merchandise. The junk merchant does not sell his product to the consumer, he sells the consumer to the product. He does not improve and simplify his merchandise, he degrades and simplifies the client. (William Seward Burroughs)
more quotes about merchandise...
Scrabble value of M3E1R1C3H4A1N1D2I1S1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Merchandise to see it in context!