On this page:
- Definition of the noun melissa
- Phrases with Melissa
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Melissa
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Melissa
- Photos about Melissa
- Video language resources about Melissa
- Sign language
- Quotes about Melissa
- Scrabble value of M3E1L1I1S1S1A1
- Anagrams of MELISSA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun melissa
What does melissa mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a genus of Old World mints of the family Labiatae
- examples: Melissa completely lost her head when the house caught on fire. She didn't know what to do. | Melissa became fluent in Portuguese in less than two years. | I look over to Melissa. | I am not Melissa.
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Melissa: genus Melissa
- more generic term: asterid dicot genus = genus of more or less advanced dicotyledonous herbs and some trees and shrubs
- member of: family Labiatae / family Lamiaceae / Labiatae / Lamiaceae / mint family = a large family of aromatic herbs and shrubs having flowers resembling the lips of a mouth and four-lobed ovaries yielding four one-seeded nutlets and including mint; thyme; sage
- member: Melissa officinalis / garden balm / lemon balm / sweet balm / bee balm / beebalm = bushy perennial Old World mint having small white or yellowish flowers and fragrant lemon-flavored leaves
Alternative definition of the noun melissa
- A plant of the Melissa genus, especially lemon balm, often used medicinally.
- Melissa a.k.a. Melissa Joan Hart is an American actress, television director, and television producer. Hart is known for her title roles in the television series Clarissa Explains It All, the live action version of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, and Melissa & Joey.
- read more about Melissa Joan Hart (actress)
- Melissa a.k.a. Melissa Lauren is a French pornographic actress and director.
- read more about Melissa Lauren
- Melissa a.k.a. Melissa Molinaro: Melissa Smith, better known by her stage name Melissa Molinaro, is an American pop singer, actress, choreographer, and model. She is perhaps best known for her reality TV appearances on Making The Band 3 and Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search For the Next Doll. She has recently co-starred in Dolph Lundgren's action film, Command Performance, and had a major role in Honey 2. She adopted her mother's maiden name Molinaro as her professional name in 2010. Melissa has received notable attention from her appearance in Old Navy's "Super C-U-T-E" commercial in 2011 and for the video for "Dance Floor", the first single from Melissa's debut album "The Love/Dance Project". She is also known for having a strong resemblance to socialite Kim Kardashian.
- read more about Melissa Molinaro
- Melissa a.k.a. Melissa Tkautz: Melissa Natalie Tkautz is an Australian actress, singer-songwriter and model. As an actress Tkautz had the role of Nikki Spencer on the popular Australian TV soap opera, E Street, from September 1990 to May 1993. During the early 1990s she had a solo music career, performing mononymously as Melissa, and had top 20 hits on the ARIA Singles Chart with "Read My Lips", "Sexy" and "Skin to Skin". Her debut album, Fresh, was released in June 1992 and peaked at No. 15 on the ARIA Albums Chart.
- read more about Melissa Tkautz
- Melissa a.k.a. Melissa-Ashley is a U.S. pornographic film actress and model. She has appeared on a number of websites and filmed over 70 adult videos.
- read more about Melissa-Ashley
- Melissa a.k.a. Mysti May is an American pornographic actress and nude model.
- read more about Mysti May
- Melissa a.k.a. Liza Harper is a French pornographic actress who began her porn career in 1994.
- read more about Liza Harper
- Melissa a.k.a. Hannah Black is an adult film actress.
- read more about Hannah Black
- Melissa a.k.a. Melissa Fairbanks is the daughter of Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. and Mary Lee Eppling.
- read more about Melissa Fairbanks (actress)
- Melissa appeared in the Troop 1500 documentary film.
- Melissa is an actress.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Melissa (actress)
- Melissa a.k.a. Melissa Melendez is a pornographic actress.
- read more about Melissa Melendez
Phrases with Melissa
Phrases starting with the word Melissa:
Phrases ending with the word Melissa:
- Pero Melissa
- genus melissa
- Anosia Melissa
- Dispar Melissa
- Glenea Melissa
- Oeneis melissa
- Thymus Melissa
- Clepsis Melissa
- Danaida Melissa
- Lycaena melissa
- Toxidia Melissa
- Plebejus melissa
- Epitolina Melissa
View more phrases with the word Melissa in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Melissa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Melissa is a key contributor to the business development and implementation of e -business services.
I Had No Idea (2013)
Clinical Simulations for Teacher Development by Benjamin H. Dotger
Melissa is an 11th grade student at Smithfield High School.
by Eliza Mumford
Melissa is the young lady who neglected the Parish Church for a ...
The British essayists (1808)
by Alexander Chalmers
Melissa is the reverse of all this. By constantly habituating herself to look ...
Reveal Your Destiny with Essential Oils by Suzanne R Banks
Melissa is a premium oil and tends to be one of the more expensive items in Aromatherapy. A drop or two will carry you through the day as a reminder of the gentler things in life. Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii) flexibility Palmarosa is a ...
Virtual Crime! (2009)
Solving Cybercrime by Leon Gray
Anti- Mellssa virus software downloads Melissa is the name of a computer new signatures as soon as VITUS II'l8I IITSI appeared Ifl IVIBTCII 1999. they are written 50 that new Computers became infected when users viruses can be stopped.
by George A. Burdock
Regulatory citations BALM LEAVES, EXTRACT (Melissa officinalis L.) Current CAS number 977060-18-6 Natural sources Melissa officinalis L. Functional use in foods Flavoring agent. GRAS status Regulatory citations FEMA GRAS No.
by Jackson R. Bryer, Mary C. Hartig
Almost without a plot, the play reveals the relationship between Andrew Makepeace LaddIIIand Melissa Gardner, whomeetas schoolchildren and begin writing letterstoeach other. Theywrite for morethan 40 years. The audience experiences ...
by Hugh Ruppersburg, John C. Inscoe
Melissa Fay Greene, the daughter of Rosalyn Pollock and Gerald ...
Volume 11: Agriculture and Industry by Melissa Walker, James C. Cobb
Volume 11: Agriculture and Industry Melissa Walker, James C. Cobb. member the ways in which women's earnings were spent with a loving precision unmatched in stories about men's income. In the early 1920s, when it came time for Jessie ...
The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, Epidemiology of Injury in Olympic Sports (2009)
by Dennis J. Caine, Peter Harmer, Melissa Schiff
Caine, Peter Harmer, Melissa Schiff. PART 1 SUMMER SPORTS This page intentionally left blank Department of Exercise Science, Willamette. Part 1: Summer Sports.
by Melissa Hope Ditmore
Melissa Hope Ditmore. ALPHABETICAL LIST OF ENTRIES OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH. Occupational safety and health refers to. Abolition Attitudes toward Prostitution, Abolitionism Sociopsychological Abortion Augustine , Saint ...
by Melissa Samaroo
Melissa Samaroo. Q Quality assurance (Health Insurance) — The process of reviewing the quality of a product or service and taking measures to improve the quality. Quantity discount (Life Insurance) — A discount given to an individual or ...
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD, is a US board-certified anatomic pathologist with subspecialty training in the fields of experimental and molecular pathology. Dr. Stöppler's educational background includes a BA with Highest Distinction from the ...
The Greenwood Encyclopedia of American Regional Cultures by Jan Goggans, Aaron DiFranco
Melissa. Salazar;. and. E1. ,,. FOOD. /1liceMcLean. The Pacific Region includes five states with a dizzying array of climates, land types, animal and plant products , and peoples. Indeed, the very idea of a unifying Pacific regional food identity ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Melissa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Melissa
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Melissa
Click on an item to play that video:
- Melissa Meaning
Video shows what melissa means. A plant of the Melissa genus, especially lemon balm, often used medicinally.. melissa synonyms: dropsywort, honey plant.
- Definition Painting with Melissa
Abstract painting lesson by Melissa-Thornburg Rochas.
- A heart felt explanation of the E-Colors as explained by Melissa Grimes at the LILC Super Session.
In this installment of the Learning Institute for Leadership and Communication (LILC) Melissa Grimes expresses her sincere belief in the power of the E-Colors.
- The Latest with Melissa Gorga & Hidden Meaning Symbol Jewelry
- Melissa Modeling Comparison Meaning of Subtraction
- Melissa Modeling Take Away Meaning of Subtraction
- Moment with Melissa - Definition of Success
- Guitar Chord Explanation for Melissa by The Allman Brothers
Explanation of the chord progression and rhythm strum patterns for Melissa by The Allman Brtothers.
- Melissa Herriges Assignment 3 - Vocabulary Lesson
- Speech of Definition - Melissa Jarvis
- Jargon & Sonia VS Jams & Melissa FirstRound 04
- Melissa, Neel, and Christopher' Neuron Explanation
- Melissa Ness - Learning the language of the stars
On a normal day in the office, Melissa Ness contemplates galactic bulges and history of the universe. She has just graduated from the College of Physical and ...
- The Hidden Language of the Soul - Dance Documentary by Melissa Garlito
The Hidden Language of the Soul is a short documentary on a group of dancers about their love and passion for dance and how dancing is more than just ...
- Melissa Morral 7th Grade Language Arts, Williamson High School
Matthews Motor Company Classroom Video Giveaway -- Melissa Morral, 7th Grade Language Arts, Williamson High School.
- A "Novel" Surprise for Language Arts Teacher Melissa Leisner of Elgin, IL
Language Arts teacher Melissa Leisner of Prairie Knolls Middle School in Elgin, IL, has an infectious love for literature, so the Milken Educator Awards surprised ...
- ESL Parent Breakfast at Melissa Ridge Intermediate
GT/ESL Coordinator Patricia Bejarano shares her goals for the ESL program at Melissa Ridge Intermediate School.
- Melissa Bothwell's Humorous Duo - Oral Language 2009
Melissa Bothwell and Bailey Furtado compete in the 2009 Oral Language Festival at Bakersfield's Patriot Elementary School.
- Adjective Poem By: Melissa, Kaleigh, and Juliette
- Language Learning Lab Assignment Video - Melissa Meyers
See also the pronunciation examples of Melissa!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Melissa
Scrabble value of M3E1L1I1S1S1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine