The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun mankind:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun mankind
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mankind
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mankind
- Photos about Mankind
- Video language resources about Mankind
- Quotes about Mankind
- Scrabble value of M3A1N1K5I1N1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mankind
What does mankind mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- all of the living human inhabitants of the earth
- example: she always used `humankind' because `mankind' seemed to slight the women
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonyms of mankind: human beings / human race / humanity / humankind / humans / man / world
- more generic terms: group / grouping = any number of entities (members) considered as a unit; homo / human / human being / man = any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
- member: people = any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
Alternative definition of the noun mankind
- The human race in its entirety.
- antonym: womankind
- All male men as opposed to all women.
Who is Mankind?
Mankind a.k.a. Mick Foley: Michael Francis "Mick" Foley, Sr. is a retired American professional wrestler, author, comedian, color commentator, actor, and voice actor. He has worked for many wrestling promotions, including World Wrestling Entertainment, World Championship Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, National Wrestling Alliance as well as numerous promotions in Japan. He is often referred to as "The Hardcore Legend", a nickname he shares with Terry Funk.
- read more about Mick Foley (novelist)
- Mankind were a disco band formed in 1978 consisting of engineer Don Gallacher, keyboard player Mark Stevens, Dave Christopher on guitar, Dave Green on bass and Graham Jarvis on drums. They had a #25 on the UK Singles Chart with a disco rendition of the Doctor Who theme music.
- albums: "Dr. Who", "Space, Time and Beyond"
- Mankind a.k.a. Mankind? is a musical group.
- albums: "Discography", "Won't You Join the Army Now So You Can Fight... And You Can Die!", "Beast or Burden"
There are other groups with in their name, like All Mankind, Filth of Mankind, Tears of Mankind, Perishing Mankind, Mankind Is Obsolete, Guardians of Mankind, Extinction of Mankind and Satan's Revenge on Mankind.
Mankind is a record label, defunct organization.
"Mankind" is a massively multiplayer online real-time strategy computer game.
- genres: Massively multiplayer online real-time strategy game, Massively multiplayer online game, Strategy video game
- publisher: Cryo Interactive
- released on (16 years ago)
- official website: www.mankind.net
- "Mankind" is an album by American rock band Factory 81. Released in 1999, the album marked the band's debut on the Detroit independent music scene, and its 2000 reissue introduced the band to a national audience.
- "Mankind" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by Stone Gossard
Mankind is an English medieval morality play, written c.1470. The play is a moral allegory about Mankind, a representative of the human race, and follows his fall into sin and his repentance. Its author is unknown; the manuscript is signed by a monk named Hyngham, but he was probably only the scribe since some of the textual oddities are believed to derive from his miscopying of parts of the text because he was not familiar with it.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mankind
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Shatrughna P. Sinha
MANKIND. A more comprehensive view of the human environment must now be taken. Until now, only the terms of its chief constituents have been given: configuration, climate, the hydrosphere, soils, natural vegetation and animal life.
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
LIES/LIARS Boccaccio HAIR Boerne, Ludwig CLEVERNESS; EDUCATION; GOVERNMENT; MANKIND;
GREATNESS; MANKIND Bonard, Abel LOVE Booth, Barton TRUTHNESS/FALSENESS Booth, Edwin STAGE AND ...
by Sian Echard, Robert Rouse
But by second half of the same century, it had been resurrected as one of the most significant pieces of pre-Shakespearian drama, as indicated by the title to David Bevington's 1962 book, From “Mankind” to Marlowe. However, in common to ...
by Robert Collison
Wealth, Women, Work Hikayat kalila dan damina Mankind Hikayat koraish méngindëra Love Hikayat maalim dewa Night, Wind Hikayat raja-raja pasai War Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945 Mein Kampf Belief, Might, Nationhood, War Remarks ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mankind
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mankind
Click on an item to view that photo:
The hardcore legend
Submitted by Martin Alliker
Photo credit: THQ Insider
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Mankind
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mankind Meaning
Video shows what mankind means. The human race in its entirety.. Men collectively, as opposed to all women.. Human feelings; humanity.. mankind synonyms: ...
- Mankind & Cosmic Meaning: Conceptual Physics with Paul Hewitt
Paul Hewitt talks about where mankind might be in the future, millions of years from now.
- Mankind's Fortune To Exist Without Explanation
- Mankind's Oldest Language
Created with Corel VideoStudio.
- Music is the universal language of mankind. Eva Evi Evita with Dev Oraon
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination.
- Music is the universal language of mankind by GMLAB
Music is the universal language of mankind... The discovery of song and the creation of musical instruments both owed their origin to a human impulse which ...
- Iris acoustic cover. Language of mankind
- Mr brightside acoustic. Language of Mankind
- Kirschner Creative Artists - Corporate Events | Music is the Universal Language of Mankind
- Original by language of mankind
- You don't know acoustic cover. Language of mankind
- 114. Al Nas- Mankind English Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Mankind!
Quotes about Mankind
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. Mankind. Basically, it's made up of two separate words---'mank' and 'ind'. What do these words mean It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind. (Jack Handey)
more quotes about mankind...
Scrabble value of M3A1N1K5I1N1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mankind to see it in context!