The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective low-down:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective low-down
- Definition of the noun low-down
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for low-down
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for low-down
- Photos about low-down
- Video about low-down
- Quotes about low-down
- Anagrams of LOW-DOWN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective low-down
What does low-down mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more low-down / most low-down
- of the most contemptible kind
- (of jazz) having the soulful feeling of early blues
Alternative definition of the adjective low-down
- [idiomatic, slang, US] Of no value.
Definition of the noun low-down
What does low-down mean as a name of something?
- slang terms for inside information
- "Low-down" a.k.a. "Lowdown" is a hit song originally recorded in 1976 by Boz Scaggs for his mainstream-breakthrough album, Silk Degrees. The song was co-written by Scaggs and David Paich. Paich, along with fellow "Lowdown" session musicians David Hungate and Jeff Porcaro, would later help form the band Toto.
- "Low-down" a.k.a. "Low Down" is a musical album of Delta Moon.
- released on
- "Low-down" a.k.a. "Low Down" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Gary Kato
"Low-down" a.k.a. "Low Down" is a drama, family and music biographical film directed by Jeff Preiss.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Albert Berger, Mindy Goldberg, Ron Yerxa
- executive producers: Amy Albany, Daniel-Konrad Cooper, Flea, Anthony Kiedis, Win McCormack & Burton Ritchie
- production design by Elliott Hostetter
- art direction by Mark Robert Taylor
- written by Topper Lilien & Amy Albany
- Lena Headey as Sheila Albany
- Elle Fanning as Amy Albany
- Taryn Manning as Colleen
- Peter Dinklage as Alain
- Glenn Close as Gram
- John Hawkes as Joe Albany
- Burn Gorman as Wiggenhern
- Caleb Landry Jones as Cole
- Flea as Hobbs
- Courtney Cunningham as Club Waitress
- Eddie Rouse as Group Leader
- Ronnie Rodriguez as Rodriquez
- Juliet Tondowski as Art Film Woman
- Linda Wang as Chinese woman
- Wiley M. Pickett as Gentleman cowboy
- casting by Justine Baddeley & Kim Davis
- cinematography by Chris Blauvelt
- edited by Michael Saia
- music by Ohad Talmor
- costume design by Jennifer Johnson
- set decoration by Chilly Nathan
- genres: Biographical film, Family, Music, Drama
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for low-down
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Oxford University Press
low-down adj. abject; dishonorable. n. inf. relevant information about something. low•er adj. 1 less. 725. low-down.
by Elizabeth McLaren Kirkpatrick, C. M. Schwarz
the low-down (si; esp US) information, esp confidential and/or damaging, about (a person, organization or activity): ...
British and American by Eric Partridge
*low down, low-down, lowdown. A disadvantage; the inside facts useful to a criminal: 1929, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for low-down
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about low-down
If you need images about low-down for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about low-down
Video shows what low-down means. Of no value.. Low-down Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say low-down. Powered by ...
See also the pronunciation examples of low-down!
Quotes about low-down
He that flies high falls low down.
more quotes about low-down...
Anagrams of LOW-DOWN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of low-down!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of low-down to see it in context!