On this page:
- Definition of the noun lope
- Definition of the verb lope
- Phrases with Lope
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lope
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lope
- Usage statistics about lope
- Photos about Lope
- Videos about Lope
- Quotes about Lope
- Scrabble value of L1O1P3E1
- Anagrams of LOPE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun lope
What does lope mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: lopes
- a slow pace of running
- a smooth three-beat gait; between a trot and a gallop
Alternative definition of the noun lope
- A horse's easy gait, consisting of long running strides or leaps. A lope resembles a canter.
Definition of the verb lope
What does lope mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: loped | loping | lopes
- run easily
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula there [Verb] [Theme, indefinite] [Path Preposition] [Location] There jumped a little white rabbit out of the box there [Verb] [Path Preposition] [Location, concrete] [Theme, indefinite] There jumped out of the box a little white rabbit [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] He skated Penny | Tom jumped the horse [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Adjective] Bill rolled the drawer open | He rode her seasick | He skated Penny exhausted | Tom walked the dog exhausted [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] to / into [Oblique, state] Bill rolled the drawer to an open position | He rode her to sickness | He skated Penny to exhaustion | Tom walked the dog to exhaustion [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Spatial Preposition] [Location] Tom jumped the horse over the fence [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] The horse jumped [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Location, concrete] The horse jumped the stream [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Oblique 1] to / into [Oblique 2, state] Claire skated her skates blades to shreds | She waltzed herself to sickness | We walked ourselves into a state of exhaustion [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Oblique 1] [Path Preposition] [Oblique 2] Tom ran the soles off his shoes [Theme - being or machine] [Verb] [Spatial Preposition] [Location] The horse jumped over the fence [Path Preposition] [Location] [Verb] [Theme] Out of the box jumped a little white rabbit
Verbs of Motion (with the same syntax): amble, backpack, bolt, bounce, bound, bowl, canter, carom, cavort, charge, clamber, climb, clump, coast, crawl, creep, dart, dash, dodder, drift, file, flit, float, fly, frolic, gallop, gambol, glide, goose step, hasten, hike, hobble, hop, hurry, hurtle, inch, jog, journey, jump, leap, limp, lollop, lumber, lurch, march, meander, mince, mosey, nip, pad, parade, perambulate, plod, prance, promenade, prowl, race, ramble, roam, roll, romp, rove, run, rush, sashay, saunter, scamper, scoot, scram, scramble, scud, scurry, scuttle, shamble, shuffle, sidle, skedaddle, skip, skitter, skulk, sleepwalk, slide, slink, slither, slog, slouch, sneak, somersault, speed, stagger, step, stomp, stray, streak, stride, stroll, strut, stumble, stump, swagger, sweep, swerve, swim, tack, tear, tiptoe, toddle, toil, totter, tour, traipse, tramp, travel, trek, troop, trot, trudge, trundle, vault, waddle, wade, walk, wander, weave, whiz, zigzag, zoom.
- lexical domain: Motions - verbs of walking, flying, swimming
- more generic word: run = move fast by using one's feet, with one foot off the ground at any given time
Alternative definition of the verb lope
- [obsolete] To jump, leap.
- To travel an easy pace with long strides.
"Lope" is a 2010 Italian film directed by Andrucha Waddington, written by Jordi Gasull and Ignacio del Moral.
- also known as The Outlaw
- countries: Spain, Brazil
- language: Spanish Language
- producers: Jordi Gasull, Edmon Roch, Mercedes Gamero, Andrucha Waddington, Tadeo Villalba & Tedy Villalba
- executive producers: Ángel Blasco, Leonardo Monteiro de Barros, Juan Carlos Caro, Julio Ariza, Iona de Macedo & Eliana Soárez
- production design by Lilly Kilvert & César Macarrón
- art direction by Carlos Bodelón
- written by Jordi Gasull & Ignacio del Moral
- Pilar López de Ayala as Elena
- Leonor Watling as Isabel
- Sônia Braga as Paquita
- Carla Nieto as María
- Marina Salas as Dama Soneto
- Antonio de la Torre as Juan
- Paco Luque as Ramón
- Mariano Venancio as Juez
- Alberto Ammann as Lope
- Héctor Colomé as Urbina
- Luis Tosar as Fray Bernardo
- Antonio Dechent
- Ramon Pujol
- Félix Cubero as Portero
- Miguel Ángel Muñoz
- Joaquín Notario
- Juanjo Rodríguez
- César Vea
- Selton Mello
- Juan Diego
- Jordi Dauder
- Tomás del Estal as Calero
- casting by Eva Leira & Yolanda Serrano
- cinematography by Ricardo Della Rosa
- edited by Sérgio Mekler
- music by Fernando Velázquez
- costume design by Tatiana Hernández
- set decoration by Federico Ghio & Isabel Viñuales
- genres: Biographical film, Historical drama, Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
- Goya Award for Best Production Supervision nomination for Toni Novella & Edmon Roch
- Goya Award for Best Costume Design nomination for Tatiana Hernández
- Goya Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Pilar López de Ayala
- Goya Award for Best Make-Up and Hairstyles nomination for Martín Trujillo Macías, Karmele Soler, Paco Rodríguez
- Goya Award for Best Special Effects nomination for Raúl Romanillos & Marcelo Siqueira
- Goya Award for Best Production Design nomination for César Macarrón
- Goya Award for Best Costume Design, received by Tatiana Hernández
- official website: www.lopelapelicula.com
- Lope is the fictional representation of Lope de Vega.
- Lope is a fictional character from the 1972 film Night of the Cobra Woman.
- Lope is a fictional character from the 2008 film Baler.
There are other characters with in their name, like Lope de Aguirre.
"Lope" is a musical album of Fernando Velázquez.
- released on (5 years ago)
- Lope a.k.a. Lõpe, Hiiu County: Lõpe is a village in Pühalepa Parish, Hiiu County in northwestern Estonia.
- also known as Lõpe
- Lope a.k.a. Lõpe, Ida-Viru County: Lõpe is a village in Iisaku Parish, Ida-Viru County in northeastern Estonia.
- also known as Lõpe
Lope is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Lope
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Mammal Tracks & Sign (2003)
A Guide to North American Species by Mark Elbroch
The 3×4 lope is a rotary lope, in which a front and rear foot on the same side of the body may land in the same space, giving the impression of only three tracks in a set rather than four. Milton Hildebrand's research showed that weasels still ...
Practical Tracking (2010)
A Guide to Following Footprints and Finding Animals by Louis Liebenberg, Adriaan Louw, Mark Elbroch
The 3x4 lope is a rotary lope, in which a front and hind on the same side of the body land in the same space, giving the impression of only three tracks in a set, rather than four. Hildebrand and Goslow (2001) show that weasels still have a front ...
Scientific and Theological Portraits of Human Nature by Warren S. Brown, Nancey C. Murphy, H. Newton Malony
Don Lope is the Adam from whom we all descend on the paternal line, but we also descend from many other men and women who lived in the eleventh century , as well as earlier and later. The inference warranted by the mtDNA analysis is ...
The military encyclopaedia (1853)
a technical, biographical, and historical dictionary, referring exclusively to the military sciences, the memoirs of distinguished soldiers, and the narratives of remarkable battles by Joachim Hayward Stocqueler
1inn lope is an earthwork sometimes raised in the ditch, aud sometimes beyond it . Epaulement is an elevation of earth, tlirown up to cover troops from a flanking fire. Escarp is the exterior slope or wall of the rampart. Esplanade is a space of ...
A Western & English Ringside Guide for Practice & Show by Cherry Hill
The extended lope is an increase in stride length without an increase in rhythm. The legs don't move quicker, but they do reach farther, resulting in a longer, more ground-covering stride. Gallop. The gallop has a longer stride and faster rhythm ...
Gabon, São Tomé and Príncipe (2003)
by Sophie Warne
Little wonder Lope is the chosen research centre for long- term studies on gorillas and mandrills. In the region of 1,350 mandrills are thought to inhabit the reserve and the surrounding area. They are particularly visible in the dry season ...
by Germán Bleiberg, Maureen Ihrie, Janet Pérez
VEGA, LOPE DE The Knight of Olmedo. Tr. Willard F. King. Lincoln: U of Nebraska P, 1972. The Lady Simpleton (La dama boba). Tr. Max Oppenheimer. Lawrence, KS: Coronado, 1976.
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1913)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Charles George Herbermann
Undoubtedly the value of Cal- deron has been overrated, in so far as the modern world has allowed him to outshine Lope de Vega, for it should be remembered that Calderon inherited the scenic traditions of the sixteenth century, to which ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about lope
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun lope:
Photos about Lope
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Lope
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Lope!
Quotes about Lope
Scrabble value of L1O1P3E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LOPE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Lope!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Lope to find many related words and phrases!