On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun lead line
What does lead line mean as a name of something?
- (nautical) plumb line for determining depth
- domain: navigation / sailing / seafaring
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of lead line: sounding line
- more generic terms: perpendicular / plumb line = a cord from which a metal weight is suspended pointing directly to the earth's center of gravity
- part: sounding lead = a metal bob at the end of a sounding line
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for lead line
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
lead line A symptom of lead poisoning.
by William Nicholson
Accordingly, the lines employed for this purpose are called the deep-sea-lead, and the hand-lead line. The hand- lead line, which is generally twenty fathoms in length, is marked at every two or three fathoms, so that the depth of water may be ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for lead line
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about lead line
If you need images about lead line for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Anagrams of LEAD LINE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of lead line!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of lead line to find many related words and phrases!