Lame appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Notarise lame females I rat on.
- Rise, take lame female Kate, sir.
- Push to me: set lame Maltese moths up.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun lame
- Definition of the adjective lame
- Definition of the verb lame
- Phrases with Lame
- Printed books with definitions for Lame
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lame
- Photos about Lame
- Video language resources about Lame
- Quotes about Lame
- Scrabble value of L1A1M3E1
- Anagrams of LAME
- Share this page
Lame is sometimes a misspelling of lamb.
The word lame is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun lame
What does lame mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: lames
- someone who doesn't understand what is going on
- a fabric interwoven with threads of metal
Alternative definition of the noun lame
- a lamina
- [p] a set of joined, overlapping metal plates
Specialised definition of the noun lame
Glossary of sports / fencing
a metallic vest or jacket that detects valid touches in foil and sabre
Definition of the adjective lame
What does lame mean as an attribute of a noun?
Lame is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: lamer | lamest
- pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness
- disabled in the feet or legs
Alternative definition of the adjective lame
- unable to walk properly because of a problem with one's feet or legs
- synonym: crippled
- moving with pain or difficulty on account of injury, defect or temporary obstruction of a function
- [context: by extension] hobbling; limping; inefficient; imperfect.
- [slang] unconvincing or unbelievable
- [slang] failing to be cool, funny, interesting or relevant
Definition of the verb lame
What does lame mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: lamed | laming | lames
- deprive of the use of a limb, especially a leg
Alternative definition of the verb lame
- [transitive] to cause a person or animal to become lame
Who is Lame?
lame a.k.a. Iame is a member of the musical group, Sandpeople.
- read more about Iame (singer)
"Lame" is a musical album of Iame.
- released in (5 years ago)
- Lame a.k.a. Lamé is a type of fabric woven or knit with thin ribbons of metallic yarns, as opposed to guipé, where the ribbons are wrapped around a fibre yarn. It is usually gold or silver in color; sometimes copper lamé is seen. Lamé comes in different varieties, depending on the composition of the other threads in the fabric. Common examples are tissue lamé, hologram lamé and pearl lamé.
- read more about Lamé
- LAME is a free software codec used to encode/compress audio into the lossy MP3 file format.
- license: GNU Lesser General Public License
- official website: lame.sourceforge.net
- Lame: A lame is a solid piece of sheet metal used as a component of a larger section of plate armor. Multiple lames are riveted together or connected by leather straps or cloth lacing to form an articulated piece of armor that provides flexible protection. The armor worn by the samurai class of feudal Japan used lames in the construction of many of their individual armor parts.
- also known as Lamé
- Lame a.k.a. Lamé: In fencing, a lamé is an electrically conductive jacket worn by foil and sabre fencers in order to define the scoring area. Foil lamés, although traditionally a metallic grey, are becoming more and more popular in an array of colors. In foil, the lamé extends on the torso from the shoulders to the groin area, including the back. In sabre, the lamé covers both arms, the torso from the shoulders to the waist, and the back. Lamés used in higher-level competitions usually have the last name and country of their owner printed in blue across the back. In addition, sabre fencers wear masks that allow them to register head touches, and manchettes, which are conductive glove covers, on their weapon hand. Lamés are wired by use of a body cord to a scoring machine, which allows the other person's weapon to register touches when their blades contact the lamé. Lamés are most commonly made of a polyester jacket, overlain with a thin, interwoven metal, usually steel or copper, which gives them a metallic grayish look.
- read more about Lamé
- Lame a.k.a. Lamé is a lunar impact crater located astride the northeast rim of the crater Langrenus, to the east of Mare Fecunditatis. The eastern crater rim appears overlaid by a series of overlapping craters that form an intermittent chain flowing nearly a hundred kilometers to the south. The crater rim protrudes only slightly above the surrounding terrain, but it has a significant rampart where the rim lies within Vendelinus. In the middle of the floor is a slight ridge, forming a central peak.
- read more about Lamé
- Lame: A lame is a double-sided blade that is used to slash the tops of bread loaves in artisan baking. A lame is used to score bread just before the bread is placed in the oven. Often the blade's cutting edge will be slightly concave-shaped, which allows users to cut flaps considerably thinner than would be possible with a traditional straight razor.
- Lame a.k.a. Pévé Language: Pévé, also Lamé after its chief dialect, is an Afro-Asiatic language of Chad and Cameroon. Zime is a generic name, and Lamé is also used for a dialect of related Ngeté-Herdé.
- also known as Zime, Ka'do, Kado, Lamé, Ka'do Pevé, Pévé, Peve language
Phrases with Lame
Printed books with definitions for Lame
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Pemberton (F.R.S.L.)
Lame is an adjective. Old is an adjective. Easy is an adjective. Dear is an adjective. Delightful is an adjective.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lame
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lame
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: schatz
Photo credit: Sarah_Jones
Photo credit: geyergus
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Even Rocky thought this photo was lame.
Photo credit: neil conway
- The lame massager.....
le masseur boiteux.. el masajeador cojo...
Photo credit: Seth Capitulo
- The Lame Unknown
Photo credit: Sean Davis
View more pictures about Lame duck.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Lame
Click on an item to play that video:
- Lame Meaning
Video shows what lame means. Unable to walk properly because of a problem with one's feet or legs.. Moving with pain or difficulty on account of injury, defect ...
- Lame meaning and pronunciation
A word used to describe the Urban Dictionary Word Of The Day Lame definition by Urban Dictionary.
- 10th of 11 Clips: Stark has lame explanation of the purported savings from the bill
- A lame explanation of the future adventure
- Randomly Lame Reboot Explanation
- 051: Katie is the Definition of Lame
- Emily is the definition of lame
- An Explanation For Lame Audio!
- Beautiful lecturer Interest explanation:Don\'t be LAME b...
- Words of Life Lame: Bamoro People/Language Movie Trailer
- Words of Life Lame Lamas & Lame Lamas: Malabam People/Language Movie Trailer
- Viqueen Superfans Description. Pretty Lame
See also the pronunciation examples of Lame!
Quotes about Lame
Venus you are; Mars I am not.
Juliet you are; Romeo I am not.
Yet for you my thirst is little not
Whether I deserve you or not,
For honey, up from a comb,
Can taste as much to a lame
As to one who can climb,
The lame being not to blame.
03.04.97 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about lame...
Scrabble value of L1A1M3E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LAME
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Lame!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Lame to see it in context!