On this page:
Definition of the noun incurvature
What does incurvature mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: incurvatures
- a shape that curves or bends inward
- lexical domain: Shapes - nouns denoting two and three dimensional shapes
- synonyms of incurvature: concave shape / concavity / incurvation
- more generic word: solid = a three-dimensional shape
- more specific words:
- dome = a concave shape whose distinguishing characteristic is that the concavity faces downward
- fossa / pit = a concavity in a surface
- recession / corner / recess / niche = a small concavity
- trough / bowl = a concave shape with an open top
- pocket / scoop = a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- depression / impression / imprint = a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
- cup = any cup-shaped concavity
- indentation / indenture = a concave cut into a surface or edge
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for incurvature
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A pronouncing and spelling dictionary. To which is now added, A short ... grammar of the English language (1772)
by William Johnston (M.A.)
[y, [nels increment incroach,ment incroaching,ly, [nels incrustation jncabation incabuj inculcate inculcation inculpable,ness inculpably incumbent incumber incumbrance incur incarable, ness incurably incursion incurvature indanger indear, ...
by William Dwight Whitney
See incurvature of field. flat-square (flat'skwar), a. Having rectangular cross- sections: said of a file. flattening (flat'ning), n. In vegetable teratoid the abnormal assumption by normally cylindrical stems, branches, or other organs of a compressed ...
New English Dictionary... (1757)
by James Buchanan
incurvation, or Incurvature, (S.) A bending or bowing. L. Indci'mage. See Eudamage. F. lida'nger, (V.) ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
Thus, as the ring opened, ie belts began to advance towards the south, and 3 show an incurvature answering to the projector! of an equatorial line, or to a parallel of the ime. When the ring closed up, they returned owards the north, and are ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
Thus, as the ring opened, the belts began to advance towards the south, and to show an incurvature answering to the projection of an equatorial line, or to a parallel of the same. When the ring closed up, they returned towards the north, and ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
impression, incline, incurvature, incurvity, indent(ation), kneepan, pit, scoop, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for incurvature
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of I1N1C3U1R1V4A1T1U1R1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of incurvature to find many related words and phrases!