On this page:
- Definition of the adjective humane
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Humane
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Humane
- Photos about Humane
- Video language resources about Humane
- Quotes about Humane
- Scrabble value of H4U1M3A1N1E1
- Anagrams of HUMANE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective humane
What does humane mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more humane / humaner | most humane / humanest
- pertaining to or concerned with the humanities
- marked or motivated by concern with the alleviation of suffering
- showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement
Alternative definition of the adjective humane
- Having regard for the health and well-being of another; compassionate.
- Pertaining to branches of learning concerned with human affairs or the humanities, especially classical literature or rhetoric.
Humane is a musical group.
- albums: "Welcome to This Wonderland", "Crucify", "Dreamcircus"
"Humane" is a composition.
- music by Dave Bateman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Humane
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Timothy Rasinski, Nancy Padak
But the adjective humane refers to our nobler ...
Above All, Be Kind (2003)
Raising a Humane Child in Challenging Times by Zoe Weil
Choosing to be humane means lifting up the veil of denial each time it falls between our most ...
by Janet M. Bennett
humane oriented. Across all 62 societal cultures, the humane- oriented dimension was rated from a low of 3.8 to a high of 5.6; that is, most viewed ...
by Claire M. Renzetti, Jeffrey L. Edleson
The American Humane Association (AHA) is the oldest national organization with the dual focus of protecting children and...
AHA is active in professional training and development, humane education, disaster preparedness, emergency ...
Contents Humane Killing Tools Laboratory Analysis Range Residues ...
by Eric H. Kessler
Humane-oriented leadership. Reflects supportive and considerate leadership and includes compassion and generosity; consists of two primary leadership dimensions: (a) modesty and (b) humane orientation. Autonomous leadership. Refers ...
by Leonard C. Schlup, James Gilbert Ryan
Douglas Steeples AMERICAN HUMANE ASSOCIATION. On 3 March 1873, Congress enacted a law prohibiting livestock shippers and dealers from transporting animals for more than twenty-eight hours without food, water, or rest. After this ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Humane
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Humane
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Humane society.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Humane
Click on an item to play that video:
- Project for Awesome: Explanation and Humane Societies
Find your Local Humane Society...
- Humane Meaning
Video shows what humane means. Having or showing concern for the pain or suffering of another; compassionate.. Pertaining to branches of learning ...
- Dalton McGuinty Liberal Dictionary -- Humane
- Learn English Language - Words - Lose Loose Gorilla Guerilla Knew New Human Humane Decimal Decimal
See also the pronunciation examples of Humane!
Quotes about Humane
With reasonable men, I will reason; with humane men I will plead; but to tyrants I will give no quarter, nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost. (William Lloyd Garrison)
more quotes about humane...
Scrabble value of H4U1M3A1N1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HUMANE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Humane!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Humane to see it in context!