On this page:
- Definition of the noun hugging
- Phrases with Hugging
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hugging
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hugging
- Photos about Hugging
- Video language resources about Hugging
- Quotes about Hugging
- Scrabble value of H4U1G2G2I1N1G2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun hugging
What does hugging mean as a name of something?
- affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs)
- examples: They are hugging and kissing. | They're expressing their love by hugging. | With a high, closed collar, figure-hugging cut, and large slits at either side of a straight skirt, the qipao is unique in its ability to communicate both modesty and sensuousness. | After hugging Tom, Mary picked up her suitcase and left. | I like hugging Veronica. | Tom and Mary stopped hugging. | They stopped hugging. | Being away from her was unbearable torment, while being beside her, hugging her, kissing her, would mean to me reaching the seventh heaven. | Tom and Mary are hugging each other naked. | Tom always sleeps hugging his teddy bear.
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of hugging: caressing / cuddling / fondling / kissing / necking / petting / smooching / snuggling
- more generic words: arousal / foreplay / stimulation = mutual sexual fondling prior to sexual intercourse
- more specific word: snogging = cuddle and kiss
Phrases with Hugging
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hugging
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
“Hugging is an amorous embracement, an intimate clinginess with affection. Hugging is the fastest possible direct communion. It's an amazing act in nature,
Hugging means the fraction is becoming the whole. Hope is the wish or desire for ...
Energy Balancing Level I (2013)
A Holistic Guide to Wellness by James Minckler
Hugging is an instinct and a natural response to feelings of emotions. Hugging is also a science,
Hugging is a wonderful experience of unconditional love and a marvelous way to improve the quality of your life. Touching is an ...
by Angela Hartshorn
Hugging is a good way to feel weak, and then strong. A hug can save a life. Hugs are free. Hugs are like life's brownies, but they do not cause weight gain. Hug someone. Hug someone for your own good. Go ahead, try it. HATE: Hugging is the ...
Biodanza Projections (2017)
by Margarita Karger
Hugging is a sweet medium to perceive the other, not only as a neighbor, but as a fellow. Through the hug, it is possible to reach the trance fusion of two identities in a larger identity. The hug in Biodanza is an act of encounter of self and with ...
by Barbara Johnson
Hugging is a miracle drug; look for an overworked, overdrawn, overlooked, overwrought (but basically fun) person and give 'em a squeeze! A. hug can relieve tension, improve blood flow, reduce stress, boost self-esteem, ...
How to Feel and Reflect God's Love by Gary D. Chapman
” For Mary, hugging is a way of expressing love .
Survivors Manual (2006)
by Mark H. Ford
Hugging is a matter of positioning. The higher up on a vertical plane the more likely a hug is just a friendly greeting or a protective, nurturing hug, whereas lower and tighter hugs are more intimate and less acceptable in casual relationships.
Women in Tech (2016)
Take Your Career to the Next Level with Practical Advice and Inspiring Stories by Tarah Wheeler
" Hugging is an actual professional skill, and among younger people is starting to replace the handshake altogether. You should definitely learn to hug in such a way that people are not uncomfortable with you.
Practical Conscious Creation (2011)
Daily Techniques to Manifest Your Desires by Jackie Lapin
Thus, hugging is an occasional occurrence. But touching is a powerful exercise in Conscious Creation. It allows you to pass your love, affection, admiration, gratitude, and appreciation in a visceral way. The more you touch, the more you send ...
Living with Faith (2013)
A Guide to Understanding Ourselves, Others and God by Irwin Wiener
Hugging is a personal and impersonal way to extend our— selves. It is not as intimate as kissing, but it delivers a clear message of fondness. And even when we attend a funeral or some such disaster in our lives, we immediately begin or end ...
by Robert MURRAY (Civil Engineer)
Hugging is the expression used when one vessel is running so close in the wake of another as to be influenced ...
Breathe, You Are Alive! (2008)
The Sutra on the Full Awareness of Breathing by Thich Nhat Hanh
Hugging is a deep practice.
Hug Your Customers (2003)
STILL The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results by Jack Mitchell
Chapter 5 Hugging Is a Mind-set The very ...
by Gustavus Hindman Miller
by Abby H. P. Werlock, James P. Werlock
Hugging theShore. New York: Random House, ...
by Eve Adamson, Gayle Williamson
hugging 1. If you hug someone in your dream, you want to support someone who needs a mood or self-confidence boost, or you feel a strong affection ...
by Elaine Costello
To pul the arms around and hold close, especially as an expression of affection: hugging the baby. Same sign used for affection, affectionate, embrace. □ [Mime hugging someone] With the arms of both 5 hands crossed at the wrists, palms ...
by Jeffery D. Long
Literally “mother”; an epithet of the contemporary female guru Mātā Amritānandamayī, also called the “Hugging Saint.” AMRITĀNANDAMAYĪ, MĀTĀ ( 1953–). “Mother who is permeated with the bliss of immortality,” also widely known as Amma, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hugging
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hugging
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: sfllaw
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Hugging
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition of turret hugging
- Hugging each other dream interpretation, Hugging each other Dream Meaning,
a dream in love with someone after a short time the people who meets him. like embracing a friend is a promise that lovingly improves human courage. one ...
- [Fancam] 110223 EunHae Hugging! ~ At SJ-M Happy Dictionary Recording
See also the pronunciation examples of Hugging!
Quotes about Hugging
Scrabble value of H4U1G2G2I1N1G2
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Hugging to see it in context!