On this page:
Definition of the noun gram calorie
What does gram calorie mean as a name of something?
- unit of heat defined as the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree centigrade at atmospheric pressure
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of gram calorie: calorie / small calorie
- more generic terms: energy unit / heat unit / work unit = a unit of measurement for work
- part of: Calorie / kilocalorie / kilogram calorie / large calorie / nutritionist's calorie = a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for gram calorie
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Including Allied Industries and Sciences by Hugh Philip Tiemann
The small calorie (gram- centigrade heat unit, gram calorie, minor calorie or lesser calorie) is the heat required to ...
by Dawn Freshwater, Sian Masiln-Prothero
sometimes called gram calorie.
a cyclopedia of words, terms, phrases and data used in the electric arts, trades and sciences by Nehemiah Hawkins
Gram Calorie. — A unit of heat, representing the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a gram of water 1° Centigrade. Gram Equivalent. — The quantity of a substance in grams equal numerically to its electro-chemical equivalent.
by Francis D. K. Ching
Also called gram calorie, small calorie. kilocalorie Aunit of heatequal to the quantity of heatrequired to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water 1° Catapressure of one atmosphere, equivalent to 1000 small calories. Abbr.: Cal. Also called ...
by Tony Atkins, Marcel Escudier
calorie (cal, gram calorie, ...
by Robert Hine, Daintith
gram calorie See calorie.
gm cal gram calorie gm/cc grams per cubic centimeter GMCD grand mal convulsive disorder GM-CFC granulocyte-macrophage colony forming cell GM- CFU granulocyte-macrophage colony forming unit GM-CSA granulocyte- macrophage ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for gram calorie
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about gram calorie
Gram calorie Meaning
Video shows what gram calorie means. The amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of a gram of water by a degree centigrade:. gram calorie ...
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of gram calorie to find many related words and phrases!