On this page:
Good-by is sometimes a misspelling of goodbye.
The term good-by is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
Definition of the noun good-by
What does good-by mean as a name of something?
- a farewell remark
- example: they said their good-byes
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- alternative spellings: good-bye / goodby / goodbye
- synonyms of good-by: adieu / adios / arrivederci / au revoir / auf wiedersehen / bye / bye-bye / cheerio / good day / sayonara / so long
- more generic terms: farewell / word of farewell = an acknowledgment or expression of goodwill at parting
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for good-by
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Nancy Lewis Tuten, John Zubizarreta
Gary Roberts "GOOD-BY AND KEEP COLD," first published in Harpers Magazine (July 1920) and collected in New Hampshire ...
by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions
accidentally, fortuitously, incidentally, unexpectedly bye: 2 by; 4 pass, side; 5 adieu, adios; б bye-bye, good-by, so long; 7 cheerio, good day, good-bye, private, recluse, retired; 8 au revoir, sayonara, secluded; 11 arrivederci, sequestered; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for good-by
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about good-by
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: hibino
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about good-by
The ultimate end of education is happiness or a good human life, a life enriched by the possession of every kind of good, by the enjoyment of every type of satisfaction. (Mortimer Adler)
more quotes about good-by...
Anagrams of GOOD-BY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of good-by!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of good-by to see it in context!