The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun gm:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gm
What does gm mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of gm: g / gram / gramme
- more generic terms: metric weight unit / weight unit = a decimal unit of weight based on the gram
- part of: dag / decagram / dekagram / dkg = 10 grams
Other definitions of gm
What does gm also mean?
- general manager
- group message
Gm a.k.a. The Gambia is a country in West Africa. It is surrounded by Senegal, apart from a short strip of Atlantic coastline at its western end. It is the smallest country on mainland Africa.
- also known as The Gambia, Republic of The Gambia
- founded on (49 years ago)
- part of Africa, West Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- part: capital of Gambia / Banjul = a port city and capital of Gambia
- member: Gambian = a native or inhabitant of Gambia
- read more about Gambia (country)
- GM a.k.a. Gayatri Joshi is a model turned Bollywood actress. Her first and only film was 2004's Swades.
- read more about Gayatri Joshi (actress)
- GM a.k.a. Catherine Michaud is an actress.
- read more about Catherine Michaud (actress)
Gm a.k.a. GM! is a musical group.
- GM a.k.a. General Motors Company, commonly known as GM, is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, that designs, manufactures, markets and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts and sells financial services. General Motors produces vehicles in 37 countries under thirteen brands: Alpheon, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Holden, HSV, Opel, Vauxhall, Wuling, Baojun, Jie Fang, UzDaewoo. General Motors holds a 20% stake in IMM, and a 77% stake in GM Korea. It also has a number of joint-ventures, including Shanghai GM, SAIC-GM-Wuling and FAW-GM in China, GM-AvtoVAZ in Russia, Ghandhara Industries in Pakistan, GM Uzbekistan, General Motors India, General Motors Egypt, and Isuzu Truck South Africa. General Motors employs 212,000 people and does business in more than 120 countries. General Motors is divided into five business segments: GM North America, Opel Group, GM International Operations, GM South America, and GM Financial.
- read more about General Motors
- Gm a.k.a. Flitestar was a South African commercial airline that operated from 1991 to 1994.
- also known as Trek Airways Flitestar
- Gm a.k.a. Air Slovakia was an airline based in Bratislava, Slovakia, operating out of M. R. Štefánik Airport. The airline offered scheduled and chartered passenger flights, as well as aircraft lease.
- official website: www.airslovakia.sk/en
- GM is a record label.
"GM" a.k.a. "Get Medieval" is an action game developed and published by Monolith Productions for the PC in 1998.
- read more about Get Medieval
- gm: .gm is the country code top-level domain of the Gambia.
- also known as .gm
- official website: www.nic.gm
- Gm a.k.a. Germania Flug is an aircraft owner, airline.
- Gm is a digraph used to write the sound /m/ in a few words of Greek origin, such as gmina and paradigm. Between vowels it is pronounced /ɡm/, as in paradigmatic.
Scrabble value of G2M3
The value of this 2-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.