Girls appears in the following tongue twister:
- Never trust
a sloppy crust,
a squally gust,
ships that rust,
or girls with lust.
(on board of a Victory Ship in the 1940s)
Girls appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Jack amazed a few girls by dropping the antique onyx vase! (47 letters)
On this page:
- Phrases with Girls
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Girls
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Girls
- Photos about Girls
- Video language resources about Girls
- Sign language
- Quotes about Girls
- Scrabble value of G2I1R1L1S1
- Share this page
Fun fact! The word "girl" wasn't originally gender-specific, and was used of both girls and boys.
Girls is sometimes a misspelling of girl's.
Girls were a Brazilian girl group of pop music formed in 2013 through the program Fábrica de Estrelas, transmitted by the network-TV Multishow. The group is composed of Ani Monjardim, Bruna Rocha, Caroline Ferreira, Jennifer Nascimento and Natascha Piva. The group's first album, the homônio Girls, was released on September 3 by Sony Music, bringing the participation of Negra Li, Mika Borges, Aggro Santos and Suave, besides compositions of integral NX Zero, Gee Rocha and Di Ferrero. The first single, "Acenda a Luz", was released on august 8, and the disc also removed two promotional singles, "Monkey See Monkey Do" and "Shake Shake".
- genres: Dance-pop, Pop music
- albums: "Acenda a Luz", "Girls", "Monkey See Monkey Do", "Shake Shake"
- "Girls" was the fourteenth single released by the British electronic band The Prodigy on 30 August 2004. It was the first single from the album Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. "Girls" peaked at number 19 on the British charts.
- "Girls" is a song recorded by American entertainer Jennifer Lopez for her eighth studio album, A.K.A.. It features a guest rap from American rapper Tyga. The song was written and produced by the song's producer Dijon "DJ Mustard" McFarlane, with additional writing from Asia Bryant, and Lopez. Cory Rooney, Trevor Muzzy, and Bryant provided vocal production for the song. A solo version of "Girls" was released on January 27, 2014, as the first promotional single from A.K.A..
- "Girls" is a song by The 1975.
- "Girls" is a song by American hip hop group the Beastie Boys, released in 1987 as well as the music video as the seventh and final single from their debut album Licensed to Ill. Like " Fight for Your Right", this song was never performed live and it is one of the few songs on the album that are not in the vein of their standard rap songs.
- music and lyrics by Rick Rubin
- "Girls" is a 2008 single by British girl group Sugababes. It was written by Anna McDonald and Nicole Jenkinson, and produced by Si Hulbert and Melvin Kuiters for the band's sixth studio album Catfights and Spotlights, featuring an interpolation of Ernie K-Doe's record "Here Come the Girls," as written by Allen Toussaint.
- "Girls" is the first solo album released by Eric Stewart in 1980. It was the soundtrack to the film Girls. "Girls" and "Warm, Warm, Warm" were released as singles. Neither the album nor the singles managed to chart in the UK.
- genre: Rock music
- released in (35 years ago)
- "Girls" is a song by British hip hop group N-Dubz. It is the third overall single taken from their third studio album, Love.Live.Life. The single was released as a digital download on 12 December 2010. The song was produced by Jim Jonsin and written by Tulisa, Dappy and Fazer, Jim Jonsin, Danny Morris, and Zachary Steiner Anderson. The single debuted on the UK Singles Chart on 5 December 2010, peaking at #23, based entirely on downloads from the album.
- "Girls" is the first single from Beenie Man's album Undisputed featuring Akon. In 2011, it was remixed by DJ Rico Bernasconi. It was subsequently released as a single which was credited to as 'Rico Bernasconi & Beenie Man featuring Akon.
- "Girls" is a song by recording artist Tina Turner, from her 1986 album Break Every Rule. It was written by David Bowie and Erdal Kizilcay and produced by Terry Britten. Phil Collins plays drums on the recording. Upon its single released, it became a top 20 hit on the Dutch Singles Chart.
- "Girls" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Kid Cudi, released on April 2, 2013 as the fourth single from his third studio album Indicud. The song, produced by Cudi himself, features a guest appearance from fellow American rapper Too $hort. The song has since peaked at #3 on the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles.
- "Girls": Girls is a 2013 album by the Brazilian group Girls.
- released on
- "Girls" is the 2005 single album by Cam'ron featuring Mona Lisa.
- artist: Cam'ron
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Girls" is a musical single of Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Girls" is a musical album of We All Have Hooks For Hands.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Girls" is a short story written by Mrinal Pande. It was first published in the Hindi weekly Dharmyug in 1983, and in English language translation in the weekly Manushi in the same year.
- language: Hindi Language
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Girls" is a book by Frederick Busch.
- also known as "Girls (Ballantine Reader's Circle)"
- genres: Fiction, Mystery
- subjects: Literary, Missing person
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Girls" is a Chinese romantic-drama film directed by Wong Chun-chun and starring Ivy Chen, Fiona Sit, Yang Zishan, Shawn Yue, Wallace Chung and Vanness Wu. Originally scheduled for release on July 31, 2014, the film was moved a day earlier to July 30, 2014.
- also known as 閨密
- country: China
- language: Standard Chinese
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- released on
- "Girls": Balad El Banat is a film by an Egyptian Director, Amr Bayoumi, that was released in 2007 starring Farah Youssef, Somaia Al Joaini, Reem Hijab, Fareeda Al Juraidi. The film was written by Ola El Shafie and produced and distributed by Hani Girgis Fawzi. The movie revolves around the life experiences of four girls in their early 20’s as soon as they move to the city of Cairo alone with no parental guidance.
- also known as Balad El Banat, Balad El-Banat
- country: Egypt
- language: Arabic Language
- producer: Hany Girgis
- written by Ola El Shafie
- casting by Mohammed Abdel Hadi
- cinematography by Raouf Abd El Aziz
- edited by Doaa Fathi
- music by Amir Khalaf
- genre: Drama
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Girls" is a 2005 drama documentary film written and directed by Valeriya Gay Germanika.
- "Girls" is a 1980 drama film written by Just Jaeckin and Jean-Luc Voulfow and directed by Just Jaeckin.
- countries: France, Canada, West Germany
- language: French
- producers: Pieter Kroonenburg & Claude Léger
- written by Just Jaeckin & Jean-Luc Voulfow
- Anne Parillaud as Catherine Flavin
- Zoé Chauveau as Annie
- Charlotte Walior as Suzanne
- Isabelle Mejias as Betty
- Christophe Bourseiller as Bernard
- Georg Burki as Peter
- Philippe Klébert as Jérôme
- Ludwig Abrahami as Bruno
- Gérard Loussine as Louis
- Jacques Houssou as Pierrot
- Paul Blain as Bambi
- Yves Knapp as José
- László Szabó as Popaul
- Catherine Lachens
- Etienne Chicot as L'animateur
- Etienne Chicot as MC at the dance competition
- cinematography by Claude Agostini
- edited by Yves Langlois
- music by Eric Stewart
- costume design by Angela Hareiter
- genre: Drama
- released on (34 years ago)
- "Girls" is a 2010 short family drama film written and directed by Maureen O'Connell.
- country: Republic of Ireland
- language: English Language
- director: Maureen O'Connell
- producers: Paul Ward, John King, Maureen O'Connell
- written by Maureen O'Connell
- cinematography by Arthur Mulhern
- edited by John King & Maureen O'Connell
- genres: Family, Drama
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Girls" is a lost 1919 silent film comedy directed by Walter Edwards and starring Marguerite Clark. It is based on a 1909 Broadway play by Clyde Fitch which starred Florence Reed in the part Clark plays in this film.
- "Girls" is the 1985 film directed by Nadav Levitan.
- also known as Banot
- written by Assi Dayan
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Girls" is a film.
- also known as Somunnan agashideul, 소문난 아가씨들
- country: South Korea
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- "Girls" is a film, directed by Menna Laura Meijer.
- Girls a.k.a. Girl: A girl is a female human from birth through childhood and adolescence to attainment of adulthood when she becomes a woman. The term may also be used to mean a young woman. The word is also often used as a synonym for daughter.
- Girls was a American monthly comic book limited series created by Jonathan and Joshua Luna, published by Image Comics between 2005 and 2007.
- Girls is a 2014 Shorty Awards-nominated Facebook page.
Phrases with Girls
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Girls
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
All the Pretty Girls (2015)
by J.T. Ellison
Rose, internationally bestselling author of The Reincarnationist “All the Pretty Girls is a spellbinding suspense novel and Tennessee has a new dark poet. J.T. Ellison's fastpaced, clever plotting yields a pageturner par excellence.
Essays on Family and Feminism in the Television Series by Ritch Calvin
The WB's hit series Gilmore Girls is a unique and unconventional case study in women's lives. Fans of the show...
by Deborah S. Romaine, Gary J. Weisenberger, Kathy Sherwin
The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Raising Girls is a hands-on parenting guide that takes readers from birth into womanhood.
by James Lewis
” The girls were fascinated with the subject, ...
by Richard Rudgley
the fact that small beings known as “fly-agaric men' and also as 'amanita girls' are seen under the influence of the mushroom shows that in this region of the world – as in so ...
by Colin Wilson
wastried inBristol Crown Court on the charge of raping and/or otherwise sexually assaulting 113 girls under hypnosis. Nelson, fiftyseven, had apparently ...
by Victoria Gaydosik
Girls. of. Slender. Means. 1963 Work Author: Muriel Spark The thirdperson narrator of this novel follows the lives of several young women living in the May of Teck Club in London during World WarII andofthe young men who take an interest in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Girls
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Girls
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Girls
Click on an item to play that video:
- Types of girls. IN SLANG!!
Donate to Philochko...
- Vivek's Funny Speech | Girls like double meaning dialogues | Yaaruda Mahesh Audio Launch
Yaaruda Mahesh is an Tamil romantic comedy film directed by R. Madhan Kumar, starring Sundeep Kishan and Dimple Chopade. It also has the likes of Jagan, ...
- Twin Peaks girls discover the meaning behind new Orlando restaurant's name
- The Weepies - Riga Girls + explanation Live Ohio 2004
The Weepies 'Riga Girls' with explanatory introduction live in Ohio 2004 Are your friends really your friends? Are you still waiting for the end of the day? Hey, hey ...
- The Morning After Girls - The Best Explanation
Artist: The Morning After Girls Song: The Best Explanation...
- English Classes TV Shows Explained: Girls S1 E1 - Vocabulary
This is a video explaining the words and idiomatic expression of Girls S1 E1.
- Learning Spoken English Slang 10 - Describing Girls
In this spoken English lesson you will learn how to describe girls who are bossy and controlling. It's aweome slang that American guys use all the time with their ...
- Scouting For Girls - She's So Lovely - at New Slang, Kingston
Scouting For Girls - She's So Lovely - at New Slang, Kingston.
- Mulberry School For Girls: Body Image & The Definition Of Beauty
WOW Bites ran over the course of the Women Of The World festival weekend - little talks with inspiring ideas and everything in between. In this Bite, a student ...
- College Youth Double Meaning Dialogues On Girls
Nonstop Hilarious Comedy Scenes From Sivarama Raju.
- "Girls is Quare" Ulster Irish Dialect Poem by Richard Hayward Poem animation
Heres a virtual movie of a recitation by the author (audio not image) an obscure humorous little poem by the Ulster actor,broadcaster and poet Richard Hayward ...
- 110501 Yokoan Dance Battle - Audition - Girls' Generation :: Nine Definition
110501 Yokoan Dance Battle - Audition - Girls' Generation :: Nine Definition.
- 285 Mumbai Indian girls replace names meaning 'unwanted' to rise above gender discrimination.
Almost 300 Indian girls given names like "Nakusa" or "Nakushi" which means "unwanted" in Hindi, grew up understanding they were a burden to their family ...
- Interview: Bob Girls (South Korea) tells us about the meaning of Bob Girls
(TURN ON YOUR CAPTIONS FOR ENGLISH SUBTITLES)...
- Names of Girls meaning of ADRIENNE and AGACE
- St-Helens Girls Terminology challenge number 3
The St-HelensGirls u10 and u12's enact a rugby league term. Can you guess it?
- Fuel Girls interview: World peace and the deeper meaning of life
Oliepeil's own star reporter Pogostick pretends to be interested in the answers but keeps staring at a massive cleavage. Fuel Girls appearance at Hardenberg ...
- Names of Girls meaning of ACELINE
- How to Flirt w/ Body Language for Girls | Teen Dating Tips
Like these Sex and Dating lessons !!!
- How to Attract Girls : How to Attract Girls With Body Language
The majority of communication girls look at when dealing with a prospect is nonverbal communication, aka body language. Find out what commands good body ...
- Deborah Tannen- little boys & girls language rituals
Clips from Deborah Tannen talk on language rituals of boys & girls.
- The White Girls Dictionary
- Mighty 'GIRLS of GOD' - Being Fulfilled | See 'DESCRIPTION'
- TRIPLE S | GOT7 | Girls Girls Girls (Check Description)
WATCH THE FULL VERSION HERE...
- Vijay Minibyte - Teaching body language of actors to girls
Teaching body language of actors to girls...
See also the pronunciation examples of Girls!
Click on an item to play that video:
- BSL Fingerspelling Practice Quiz - Girls Names - British Sign Language
Test your receptive skills with this British Sign Language (BSL) finger spelling practice quiz. There's 10 different girls names spelled out, can you get them all?
- Wonder Girls - "Like This" in American Sign Language (ASL)
English Lyrics: English Translation: Like this yo Like this, shake it up and down like this Like this yo Like this, spin your body left to right like this Like this yo Like ...
- Sign Language-Good Girls by 5 Seconds of Summer
American Sign Language to Good Girls by 5 Seconds of Summer. This is for entertainment purpose only, not for profit. All rights are to the respected owners.
- Morinville colony Girls sign language
Singing O Canada.
- American Heritage Girls Sign Language
Quotes about Girls
Scrabble value of G2I1R1L1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Girls to see it in context!