On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun genus armillaria
What does genus armillaria mean as a name of something?
- genus of edible mushrooms having white spores an annulus and blue juice; some are edible; some cause root rot
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Armillaria
- more generic term: fungus genus = includes lichen genera
- member of: family Tricholomataceae / Tricholomataceae = a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- shoestring fungus = any of several fungi of the genus Armillaria that form brown stringy rhizomorphs and cause destructive rot of the roots of some trees such as apples or maples
- Armillaria caligata / booted armillaria = fungus with a brown cap and white gills and a membranous ring halfway up the stalk
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Armillaria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Luxury Edition by Angus Stevenson, Maurice Waite
[Genus Armillaria.] – origin mod. L.: from L. armilla 'bracelet' (because of the bracelet-like frill on the fruiting bodies). armillary sphere n. a revolving model of the celestial sphere constructed from metal rings representing the equator, the tropics, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Armillaria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about genus Armillaria
Click on an item to view that photo:
Yellow caps - Genus Armillaria
Photo credit: Nederland in foto's
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Armillaria to find many related words and phrases!