On this page:
Definition of the noun genus vangueria
What does genus vangueria mean as a name of something?
- tropical African and Asiatic trees and shrubs having one-seeded fruit
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Ancylanthos / genus Ancylanthos / Lagynias / genus Lagynias / Pachystigma / genus Pachystigma / Tapiphyllum / genus Tapiphyllum / Vavanga / genus Vavanga / Wittmannia / genus Wittmannia / Vangueria
- more generic term: asterid dicot genus = genus of more or less advanced dicotyledonous herbs and some trees and shrubs
- member of: family Rubiaceae / madder family / Rubiaceae = widely distributed family of mostly tropical trees and shrubs and herbs
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Vangueria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
mviru, mviu, olgumi, olmadanyi Vangueriopsis Robyns Rubiaceae From Vangueria and the Greek -opsis, resembling the genus Vangueria. Vangueriopsis lanciflora (Hiern) Robyns (Canthium lanciflorum Hiern; Canthium platyphyllum Hiern; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Vangueria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Vangueria to find many related words and phrases!