On this page:
Definition of the noun genus ursus
What does genus ursus mean as a name of something?
- type genus of Ursidae: brown bears; in some classifications genus Ursus includes all bears
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Arcticonus / genus Arcticonus / Danis / genus Danis / Euarctos / genus Euarctos / Mamursus / genus Mamursus / Melanarctos / genus Melanarctos / Mylarctos / genus Mylarctos / Myrmarctos / genus Myrmarctos / Selenarctos / genus Selenarctos / Thalassarctos / genus Thalassarctos / Thalassarctus / genus Thalassarctus / Thalassiarchus / genus Thalassiarchus / Ursarctos / genus Ursarctos / Ursulus / genus Ursulus / Vetularctos / genus Vetularctos / Ursus
- more generic term: mammal genus = a genus of mammals
- member of: family Ursidae / Ursidae = bears and extinct related forms
- member: Ursus arctos / brown bear / bruin = large ferocious bear of Eurasia
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Ursus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Abraham Rees
Mvlela Zibelina Sable or Fisher Weefel GENUs URsus・・・ 21. Lettered QUADRUPEns Order Fere Genus Urfus (Nonumberon the Plate) Ur/ar Almericanur American Bear Ur/irmaritimur (Gmel.) Polar Bear Ur/armarinur ( Pallas) U Albus Brif ...
by Sir David Brewster
Genus URSUs. The upper jaw not greatly exceeding the lower; a small obtuse tooth behind each tusk, and then a vacant space to the grinders; the second cutting tooth in the lower jaw not projecting into the mouth; body not lengthened in ...
A Comprehensive Reference Book by Charles Morris
tue name of several large plantigrade carnivorous mammals of the genus Ursus. They belong to the canine branch of carnivores, the dog and the bear having a common ancestor, Amphicyon of the Miocene Age. Like the dog they ...
by Scott Elias, Cary Mock
have yielded remains offossilbears, genus Ursus, whichare completelyabsent inAfrican deposits south ofthe Sahara ...
Plates by Abraham Rees
ORDER FEILHÈ GENUS URSUS. 'í'tnîf 2. U.Marjtù1ms.__.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Ursus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Ursus to find many related words and phrases!