On this page:
Definition of the noun genus phasianus
What does genus phasianus mean as a name of something?
- type genus of the Phasianidae: the typical pheasants
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Phasianus
- more generic term: bird genus = a genus of birds
- member of: family Phasianidae / Phasianidae = pheasants; quails
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Phasianus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Abraham Rees
female 45・ Crax Pauxi Cushew GENUs PHAsIANUs. 74・ Lettered Divifion II・ LAND ...
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
The genus Phasianus contains some fifteen other species, all natives of Central or Eastern Asia. Of these, Keeve's pheasant of Northern China is a large bird with notably white and edible flesh. The general color is golden yellow, each feather ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Phasianus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about genus Phasianus
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'genus phasianus"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Phasianus to find many related words and phrases!