On this page:
Definition of the noun genus mespilus
What does genus mespilus mean as a name of something?
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Mespilus
- more generic term: rosid dicot genus = a genus of dicotyledonous plants
- member of: family Rosaceae / Rosaceae / rose family = a large family of dicotyledonous plants of order Rosales
- member: Mespilus germanica / medlar tree / medlar = small deciduous Eurasian tree cultivated for its fruit that resemble crab apples
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Mespilus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Including Atlas of the World and Cyclopedia of Names
The genus Mespilus was also made by Bentham and Hooker a section of Pyrus.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Mespilus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Mespilus to find many related words and phrases!