On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective frisky
What does frisky mean as an attribute of a noun?
Frisky is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: more frisky / friskier | most frisky / friskiest
Alternative definition of the adjective frisky
- playful; energetic; lively; enthusiastic
- [informal] Sexually stimulated; horny
"Frisky": Bread, Love and Jealousy, known as Frisky in the US, is a 1954 Italian romantic comedy film directed by Luigi Comencini. It is the second part of the Italian trilogy, preceded by Bread, Love and Dreams and followed by Scandal in Sorrento.
- also known as Pane, amore e gelosia; Bread, Love and Jealousy
- country: Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Marcello Girosi
- executive producer: Nino Midiano
- art direction by Gastone Medin
- written by Ettore Margadonna, Luigi Comencini, Eduardo De Filippo & Vincenzo Talarico
- based on a story by Ettore Margadonna & Luigi Comencini
- Gina Lollobrigida as La Bersagliera
- Vittorio De Sica as Maresciallo Carotenuto
- Marisa Merlini as La levatrice
- Roberto Risso as Carabiniere Stelluti
- Maria-Pia Casilio as Paoletta
- Virgilio Riento as Don Emidio
- Saro Urzì as Il capocomico
- Tina Pica as Caramella
- Tecla Scarano as Teresinella
- Vittoria Crispo as Madre della Bersagliera
- Memmo Carotenuto as Carabiniere Baiocchi
- Fausto Guerzoni as Uomo col cannocchiale
- Nino Vingelli as Venditore ambulante
- Gigi Reder as Ricuccio
- Nico Pepe as Maresciallo Spotti
- cinematography by Carlo Montuori
- edited by Mario Serandrei
- music by Alessandro Cicognini
- costume design by Ugo Pericoli
- set decoration by Ugo Pericoli
- genres: Romantic comedy, Farce, Comedy, Romance Film
- released on (61 years ago)
- "Frisky" is a song by British rapper Tinie Tempah, crediting the song's producer Labrinth as its featured artist. The track was released in the United Kingdom on 7 June 2010 as the second single from the musician's debut studio album, Disc-Overy. On the chart week, ending 19 June 2010, "Frisky" debuted at number two on the UK Singles Chart behind "Shout" by Shout for England.
- "Frisky" is a musical single of Tinie Tempah & Labrinth.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Frisky" is a musical single of Eric Estornel.
- released in
- "Frisky" is a musical single of Chase Craig.
Who is Frisky?
Frisky a.k.a. Laura Corcoran is a musical artist.
- read more about Laura Corcoran
Frisky a.k.a. Meadows Frisky is the name of a series of small British cars manufactured at the factory of Henry Meadows Ltd at Fallings Park in Wolverhampton between 1958 and 1961, during which time, production was under the control of a number of companies.
- read more about Meadows Frisky
Frisky is a make of automobile produced by Henry Meadows Ltd.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Frisky
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Similes (1917)
by Frank Jenners Wilstach
Frisky. Frisky as colts. — Daniel Webster. Frizzle. Frizzled like a lawyer's wig. — R. D. Blackmore. Frolic. Frolic as the snow. — Richard Hovey. Frolicsome. Frolicsome as a boy. — Anon. Front. Always in front, like a cow-catcher on a locomotive.
by S. Fallows
Sportful, frisky, whimsical, fanciful,capricious,erratic. ANT. Steady, sober, demure, unwhimr=lcal, unfanciful, reliable, consistent, uniform, equable. Free. SYN. Detached, playing, operating, open, unoccupied, unobstructed, nnlmpeded, permitted ...
j' =frisky; cogn. with Dan. & Sw. frisk; Eng. fresh (q.v.). A. As adj .: Lively, active, frisky. B. As subst.: A frolic, a gambol; a fit of wanton gayety. “ Checks us in the frisks and lavaltoes of our dancing bloud.”—Feltham: Resolves, pt.
A Dictionary of English Synonymes and Synonymous Or Parallel Expressions Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology (1891)
by Richard Soule
Frolicsome, merry, sportive, playful, gamesome, gay, lively, frisky, joyous, prankish, coltish, full of frolic. Frolic, v. n. Be merry, be frolicsome, play pranks, cut capers. Frolicsome, a. Sportive, playful, gamesome, gay, lively, frisky, coltish, ...
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
” Frisky ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Frisky
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Frisky
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ladynottingham
Photo credit: lovecatz
Photo credit: eflon
- Getting Frisky
Photo credit: The Fetish Rose
- Frisky Elephant Bath
Working at the car wash, yeah
Photo credit: jurvetson
- David gets frisky
David taking advantage of the gorilla outside the Rainforest Cafe in Atlantic City
Photo credit: MoToMo
- DeEtta with Frisky
Her first cat, and it ran away.
Photo credit: Daniel M. Hendricks
- Frisky Being Inquisitive
Photo credit: deansouglass
- Frisky Omar
5 Likes on Instagram
Photo credit: AnnahojY
- Frisky Pigeons
Photo credit: daliscar1
- Frisky Chicks
Olympus digital camera
Photo credit: ActiveSteve
- Frisky Shark
Poor little urchin, can't escape the depredations of Lenny
Photo credit: jburka
- Frisky Ponies
Photo credit: j.e.mcgowan
- Frisky Leopard
The Leopard was in heat so very kittenish.
Photo credit: nedrichards
- They look frisky
Photo credit: Octopus Motor
- Dopey gets frisky
Photo credit: robinkristianparker
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Frisky
SUPa fRISKy - You're The True Meaning of Beauty
See also the pronunciation examples of Frisky!
Quotes about Frisky
The first drink makes you a frisky gazelle, the second an impetuous zebra, the third a roaring lion, and with the fourth you become a silly donkey.
more quotes about frisky...
Scrabble value of F4R1I1S1K5Y4
The value of this 6-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine