Favorable appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- So fuel bar ova for a web, or plan an anal probe war, O favorable UFOs.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective favorable
- Phrases with favorable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for favorable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for favorable
- Photos about favorable
- Video about favorable
- Quotes about favorable
- Scrabble value of F4A1V4O1R1A1B3L1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective favorable
What does favorable mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more favorable / most favorable
- encouraging or approving or pleasing
- examples: a favorable reply | he received a favorable rating | listened with a favorable ear | made a favorable impression
- alternative spelling: favourable
- antonym of favorable: unfavorable
- similar: affirmative / approbative / approbatory / approving / plausive; indulgent
- see also: affirmative / affirmatory; complimentary; good
- (of winds or weather) tending to promote or facilitate
- presaging or likely to bring good luck or a good outcome
- giving an advantage
Alternative definition of the adjective favorable
- pleasing, encouraging or approving
- useful or helpful
- convenient or at a suitable time; opportune
- auspicious or lucky
Phrases with favorable
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for favorable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Francis T. Cullen, Pamela Wilcox
Second are definitions favorable and unfavorable to crime, which consist of motives, verbalizations, or rationalizations that make crime justified or unjustified, and include Gresham Sykes and David Matza's techniques of neutralization.
Wörterbuch der Handels-, Finanz- und Rechtssprache / Dictionary of Commerical, Financial and Legal Terms / Dictionnaire des Termes Commerciaux, Financiers et Juridiques (2012)
günstig adj | favorable; advantageous || favorable; avantageux | ~e Aufnahme | favorable reception || réception bienveillante | zu ~en Bedingungen | on ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for favorable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about favorable
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Generally Favorable
Photo credit: Egan Snow
- Favorable rates on freight and treasure
Photo credit: Marcin Wichary
- Waiting for favorable wind conditions
Photo credit: jcmedina
- Le climat est favorable aux trains
from Brussels for Vancouver
Photo credit: Oran Viriyincy
- Jaime; una pose poco favorable.
Photo credit: alxfns
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about favorable
Video shows what favorable means. pleasing, encouraging or approving. useful or helpful. convenient or at a suitable time; opportune. Favorable Meaning.
See also the pronunciation examples of favorable!
Quotes about favorable
If you would stand well with a great mind, leave him with a favorable impression of yourself if with a little mind, leave him with a favorable impression of himself. (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)
more quotes about favorable...
Scrabble value of F4A1V4O1R1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of favorable to see it in context!