On this page:
Definition of the noun family tricholomataceae
What does family tricholomataceae mean as a name of something?
- a family of fungi belonging to the order Agaricales
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Tricholomataceae
- more generic term: fungus family = includes lichen families
- member of: Agaricales / order Agaricales = typical gilled mushrooms belonging to the subdivision Basidiomycota
- genus Lentinus / Lentinus = a genus of fungus belonging to the family Tricholomataceae
- genus Omphalotus / Omphalotus = a genus of fungi with a depressed disc in the cap
- genus Tricholoma / Tricholoma = agarics with white spores and a fleshy stalk and notched gills
- genus Clitocybe / Clitocybe = a genus of agarics with white to pale yellow spore deposits and fleshy stalks centrally attached to the cap and closely attached gills
- genus Flammulina / Flammulina = a genus of agarics
- genus Armillaria / Armillaria = genus of edible mushrooms having white spores an annulus and blue juice; some are edible
- genus Armillariella / Armillariella = a honey-colored diminutive form of genus Armillaria; grows in clusters
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for family Tricholomataceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Alan Lewis
a mushroom (Family Tricholomataceae) that occurs under conifers, especially white pine, and sometimes under deciduous trees throughout much of North America. It is not toxic in the usual sense, but contains ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
3Armillaria mellea, family Tricholomataceae, class Hymenomycetes. honeyguide 7noun 1 a small bird of the Old World tropics which feeds chiefly on beeswax and bee grubs. Two African kinds attract humans and other mammals, especially ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for family Tricholomataceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about family Tricholomataceae
If you need images about family Tricholomataceae for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of family Tricholomataceae to find many related words and phrases!