On this page:
Definition of the noun family gentianaceae
What does family gentianaceae mean as a name of something?
- chiefly herbaceous plants with showy flowers; some are cultivated as ornamentals
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Chironiaceae / family Chironiaceae / Coutoubeaceae / family Coutoubeaceae / Potaliaceae / family Potaliaceae / Saccifoliaceae / family Saccifoliaceae / Gentianaceae
- synonym of family Gentianaceae: gentian family
- more generic terms: dicot family / magnoliopsid family = family of flowering plants having two cotyledons (embryonic leaves) in the seed which usually appear at germination
- member of: Gentianales / order Gentianales = an order of dicotyledonous plants having gamopetalous flowers; Gentianaceae; Apocynaceae; Asclepiadaceae; Loganiaceae; Oleaceae
- genus Centaurium / Centaurium = genus of low-growing herbs mostly of northern hemisphere having flowers with protruding spirally twisted anthers
- genus Eustoma / Eustoma = small genus of herbs of warm regions of southern North America to northern South America
- genus Exacum / Exacum = genus of tropical Asiatic and African plants: especially Persian violets
- genus Frasera / Frasera = genus of North American herbs: columbo
- genus Gentiana / Gentiana = type genus of the Gentianaceae; cosmopolitan genus of herbs nearly cosmopolitan in cool temperate regions
- gentian = any of various plants of the family Gentianaceae especially the genera Gentiana and Gentianella and Gentianopsis
- genus Gentianella / Gentianella = genus of herbs with flowers that resemble gentian
- genus Gentianopsis / Gentianopsis = genus of fringed gentians
- genus Halenia / Halenia = genus of herbs of Eurasia and the Americas: spurred gentians
- genus Sabbatia = genus of smooth slender North American herbs with showy flowers
- genus Swertia / Swertia = genus of herbs of mountains of North America and Eurasia and Africa
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for family Gentianaceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by George A. Burdock
family Gentianaceae. Flavoring ingredient. FEMA GRAS No. 2506 (Refer to Fenaroli's Handbook of Flavor Ingredients (1995 ) for use levels reviewed by the FEMA Expert Panel.) conjunction with flavors.
by George A. Burdock
Family Gentianaceae Functional use in foods Flavoring agent.
Used in Food, Drugs and Cosmetics by Ikhlas A. Khan, Ehab A. Abourashed
(Family Gentianaceae). Common/vernacular names: Yellowgentian, bitter root( G. lutea). GENERAL. DESCRIPTION. Gentian (G. lutea) is a perennial herb with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for family Gentianaceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about family Gentianaceae
If you need images about family Gentianaceae for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of family Gentianaceae to find many related words and phrases!