The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun eyebrow:
On this page:
The word eyebrow is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun eyebrow
What does eyebrow mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: eyebrows
- the arch of hair above each eye
- examples: If you raise an eyebrow, it can mean "I want to have sex with you", but also "I find that what you just said is completely idiotic." | He did not even raise an eyebrow at the news of his wife's death. | He showed his disapproval by raising an eyebrow. | He raised an eyebrow quizzically.
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of eyebrow: brow / supercilium
- more generic word: hair = a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures
- part of: face / human face = the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- part: venae palpebrales = veins of the eyelids
Alternative definition of the noun eyebrow
- The hair that grows over the bone ridge above the eye socket.
- [context: construction] A dormer, usually of small size, whose roof line over the upright face is typically an arched curve, turning into a reverse curve to meet the horizontal line at either end.
Eyebrow is a village in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The mayor is Don Linton. The town originated at the location that is now the abandoned village of Eskbank several kilometers south. Eyebrow is located at the intersection joining Highway 367 and Highway 42.
- also known as Eyebrow, Saskatchewan; Eyebrow, Canada
- part of Saskatchewan, Division No. 7, Saskatchewan, Eyebrow No. 193, Saskatchewan, Canada
Phrases with Eyebrow
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eyebrow
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Raymond Sabouraud
Like all hairy regions the eyebrow is a seat 0/-1 election for pityriasis . . . .' JSteatoid...
Human Physiology (1844)
With upwards of 300 illustrations. In 2 vols
The eyebrow is a part greatly concerned in expression ; and certain muscles are ...
by Amir M Karam, Mitchel P Goldman
The eyebrow is a cutaneous structure. In young individuals, the medial brow position is characteristically at the level of the medial orbital rim (Figure 9.1).
by CTI Reviews
The eyebrow is an area of thick, delicate hairs above the eye that follows the shape of the ...
Human Anatomy (2016)
by CTI Reviews
The eyebrow is an area of thick, delicate hairs above ...
Introduction to Health Care (2016)
Medicine, Healthcare by CTI Reviews
The Eyebrow is an area of thick, delicate hairs above.
by Carol Ann Rinzler
eyebrow replacement 59 tect healthy cells and tissues; the typical schedule for external radiation treatment is five days a week for five to seven weeks. The exact dose and timing depend on the size, site, and type of the tumor, as well as the ...
Complete Information About the Harmful and Desirable Ingredients in Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals by Ruth Winter
EYE SHADOW • Shades of blue, green, brown, red, yellow, and white are used to color the lid and area under the eyebrow to highlight the eyes. The waterless type of eye shadow uses colors mixed with a lightening ingredient such as titanium ...
by Murray Wrobel
Gebirgszwergteju 6312 Pholidobolus prefrontalis Squamata - Teiidae e Montanucci's Pholidobolus 6313 Phoxophrys Squamata - Agamidae e Eyebrow Lizards; Eyebrowed Lizards d Borneo-Bergagamen Phoxophrys borneensis Squamata ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eyebrow
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Eyebrow
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Eyebrow
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dr. Jeffrey Epstein / Full Explanation of Creating Natural Appearing Eyebrow Transplant
Watch closely as Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS explains the process of creating a natural appearing eyebrow transplant on his patient. The eyebrow is divided ...
- Eyebrow Meaning
Video shows what eyebrow means. The hair that grows over the bone ridge above the eye socket.. A dormer, usually of small size, whose roof line over the ...
- Amazing Eyebrow definition by Danette Anderson with Lindsay Stay
- Eyebrow Definition Tutorial
How to define your eyebrows using an angled brush, concealer (lighter than your complexion), brow kit gel, brown eye color powder. Makeup used in the video ...
- HD Brows Eyebrow Definition
HD Brows High Definition at BeauSynergy advanced skin and beauty clinic in south Hertfordshire and north London. Eyebrow definition using trimming, ...
- Tutorial: EYEBROW DEFINITION
- Chic Beauty Academy - Eyebrow Definition
- Quick Easy Eyebrow Definition with Benefit Gimme Brow!
Fill in and define your eyebrows in seconds! Benefit Gimme Brown in two shades makes your eyes pop and finishes off your makeup look. If you aren't filling in ...
- Easy Peasy Eyebrow Definition
- Tutorial::: Eyebrow Definition
- [3W Clinic Eyebrow] Explanation for usage
Explanation for usage Dodo eyebrow.
- Fab Brows Treatment Demostration for Eyebrow Definition
Emily and Lotty demonstrate how to use Fab Brows Kits to easily add eyebrow definition. With various shades to choose from you can easily colour match to ...
- Eyebrow Definition
- Natural Eyebrow definition
- Saying Hello in Eyebrow language!
View more videos about eyebrow pencil.
See also the pronunciation examples of Eyebrow!
Quotes about Eyebrow
Scrabble value of E1Y4E1B3R1O1W4
The value of this 7-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Eyebrow to see it in context!