The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Comparison of usage frequency between the noun export and its most common antonym:
Comparison of usage frequency between the verb export and its most common antonym:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun export
- Definition of the adjective export
- Definition of the verb export
- Phrases with Export
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Export
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Export
- Photos about Export
- Video language resources about Export
- Quotes about Export
- Scrabble value of E1X8P3O1R1T1
- Anagrams of EXPORT
- Share this page
The word export and its family (exported, exporter, exporters, exporting, exports) are included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun export
What does export mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: exports
- commodities (goods or services) sold to a foreign country
Alternative definition of the noun export
- [countable] something that is exported
- [uncountable] the act of exporting
Definition of the adjective export
What does export mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more export / most export
- of or relating to exportation or exports
Definition of the verb export
What does export mean as a doing word?
Export is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: exported | exporting | exports
- sell or transfer abroad
- examples: we export less than we import and have a negative trade balance | Sam and Sue export the movie
- domain: commerce / commercialism / mercantilism
- lexical domain: Possession - verbs of buying, selling, owning
- antonym: import
- more generic words: merchandise / trade = engage in the trade of
- more specific word: smuggle = import or export without paying customs duties
- transfer (electronic data) out of a database or document in a format that can be used by other programs
- cause to spread in another part of the world
- "Export" is a musical album of Iowa.
- released on
- "Export" is a musical album of Vikingarna.
- released in (38 years ago)
- "Export" is a musical album of Spicy Roots.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Export" is a musical EP of Owen Pallett.
- released on (5 years ago)
EXPORT is an exobiology project led by the European Space Agency, that deployed an external module to the International Space Station to study the photo-processing of organic molecules and the survival of some micro-organisms, as well as the effect of solar UV on unshielded organic molecules and micro-organisms while exposed to outer space.
Phrases with Export
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Export
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
International Law Reports (2000)
by Elihu Lauterpacht, C. J. Greenwood, A. G. Oppenheimer
Here the permission to export is an exception to the general prohibition of imports and exports, and derogations are not [ 1 06] to be interpreted extensively. 64. However, even on a narrow interpretation of the rule of free exportation it is clear in ...
Designed to Survive (2011)
All About Claws by Shona Bagai
Unauthorized export is a violation of terms of sale and is subject to legal action. Author: Shona Bagai Managing Editor: Anupama Jauhry Series Editors: Arshi Ahmad and Rupak Ghosh Design: Santosh Gautam Image Research: Yukti Garg ...
In a series of letters, descriptive of manners, scenery, and the fine arts by Hugh William Williams
The principal export is the well known Parmasan cheese. The cattle are black, small, ...
Essentials of Economics (2016)
by CTI Reviews
The term export means shipping the goods and services out.
Smart Green Civilizations (2011)
Ancient Rome by Benita Sen
Unauthorized export is a violation of terms of sale and is subject to legal action. Author: Benita Sen Managing Editor: Anupama Jauhry Series Editor: Arshi Ahmad Creative Head: Priyabrata Roy Chowdhury Illustration and Direction: Yatindra ...
by CTI Reviews
The term export means shipping the goods and services out of the port of a country. The seller of such goods and services is referred to ...
The Euro Trap (2014)
On Bursting Bubbles, Budgets, and Beliefs by Hans-Werner Sinn
Normally, a capital export is a benefit for the ...
Weird and Wonderful (2011)
Natural Formations by Tanya Luther Agarwal
Unauthorized export is a violation of terms of sale and is subject to legal action. Author: Tanya Luther Agan/val Managing Editor: Anupama Jauhry Series Editor: Arshi Ahmad Technical Review: Dr Nandini Kumar Creative Head: Priyabrata ...
New Masters, New Servants (2008)
Migration, Development, and Women Workers in China by Hairong Yan
SUZHI AS A NEW HUMAN VALUE Neoliberal Governance of Labor Migration labor export is a social university [shehui daxue] that improves the quality [suzhi] of peasants in all respects. jIn yuanju, “TIgao nongmIn SuzHI DE SHEHUI DAXUE” ...
A Dictionary of Economics (2016)
by Nigar Hashimzade, Gareth Myles, John Black
export. credit. The system of selling exports on credit rather than for cash payment. Exports of commodities and consumer goods are frequently financed by trade bills, or shortterm credit. These are normally payable in 3 or 6 months, giving the ...
by Mike Hammett
export license 1 35 Export Credit Guarantee Department (ECGD) A UK government departmental agency established in...
export credit insurance (ECI) A ...
by John Owen Edward Clark
export To sell goods and services outside the country of origin, or the good or services themselves. See also import. Export Credits Guarantee Department ( ECGD) UK government department, established in 1991 and partly privatized, that ...
by Jagdish Prasad (ed. By)
EXPORT. STRATEGIES. OF. FARM. PRODUCTS. C.P. Yadav and B.S. Gupta Agriculture today represents a third of India's gross domestic product, the highest proportion in the developed and developing world and will continue to be the ...
The CIM Marketing Dictionary (1996)
by Norman A. Hart, Chartered Institute of Marketing, CAM Foundation
Export agent A person or organization in one country operating exclusively on behalf of a principal in another. Remuneration is by commission on the selling price. The goods or services are frequently supplied direct to the customer. Export ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Export
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Export
Click on an item to view that photo:
Marshall Export Corporation
Photo credit: Vanessa Caetano Photographer
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Export
Click on an item to play that video:
- History Illustrated: Definition: Import | Export
A quick overview of the definitions Import and Export using China and the United States as an example.
- How to import and export terminology (FOR COMPANIES)
See what the Text United platform can offer to companies that need translation. This particular tutorial explains how to import and export terminology with the ...
- Online Reading Tools 5: Export Vocabulary From Google To Quizlet
How to export vocabulary from the Google Translate phrasebook into Quizlet to consolidate recall.
- Tutorial 104: Export to Vocabulary Builder
- Export Meaning
Video shows what export means. of or relating to exportation or exports. export synonyms: exportation. export pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Make a map layout, explanation, and export to PDF
Make a simple map layout, explanation, and export to PDF.
- Tecan Magellan Software - Brief explanation of Kinetic Data Export to EXCEL
This video offers a brief explanation of how to export raw kinetic data to Microsoft EXCELfrom a Tecan microplate reader and Magellan software version 7.2.
- AA Advanced Export - Using Report Definition
- Invisible export Meaning
Video shows what invisible export means. Any export that does not have a tangible physical presence (e.g. expertise, insurance underwriting).. Invisible export ...
- Telling Time Vocabulary export
- How to import and export terminology (FOR TRANSLATORS)
See what the Text United platform can offer to translators and proofreaders. This particular tutorial explains how to import and export terminology with the App.
- Weather Vocabulary Content Presentation export
- How to Export a Cherwell 5.0 Database - Explanation of Export Options
How to export a Cherwell 5.0 database and what each option means: table structure, lookup table, and attachments.
- Using iMovie to record and export your vocabulary word video for Aurasma
quick tutorial showing students how to record themselves using iMovie and then export the movie into a compatible format for Aurasma.
- How to create an automatic export definition in PRISMAaccess
- JP sir explanation on rice export benefits..
- How to Import, Export, Using Tools Section on WordPress - Brief Explanation of Tools
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Community export
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = export monitoring
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = export aid
See also the pronunciation examples of Export!
Quotes about Export
The natural consequence of our submission, even in part, to the system that looks to compelling the export of raw products, the exhaustion of the land, the cheapening of labour, and the export of the labourer. (Henry Charles Carey)
more quotes about export...
Scrabble value of E1X8P3O1R1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EXPORT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Export!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Export to see it in context!