Ducks and Drakes
is an acrostic for dad.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ducks and drakes
What does ducks and drakes mean as a name of something?
- a game in which a flat stone is bounced along the surface of calm water
Alternative definition of the noun ducks and drakes
- A pastime of throwing flat stones across water so as to make them bounce off the surface.
- squandering of resources, especially money; used in expressions like to make 'ducks and drakes' of , to play 'ducks and drakes' with , to play at 'ducks and drakes' with
"Ducks and Drakes" is an extant 1921 American silent comedy film produced and released by Realart Pictures, an offshoot of Paramount Pictures. It was directed by stage producer/director Maurice Campbell and starred Bebe Daniels and Jack Holt. Elmer Harris provided the story and screenplay. A copy is held at the Library of Congress.
- country: United States of America
- "Ducks And Drakes" a.k.a. "Ducks & Drakes" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Ducks and Drakes" is a musical album of Po!.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Ducks and Drakes" is a musical album of Randi Laubek.
- released in (18 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ducks and Drakes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by G. Laurence Gomme
Ducks and Drakes A pastime in which flat stones or slates are thrown upon the surface of a piece of water, so that they may dip and emerge several times without sinking (Brockett's North Country Words). " Neither cross and pile nor ducks and ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
ducks ducks and drakes a game of throwing flat stones so that they skim along the surface ...
Dictionary of Proverbs (2005)
by George Latimer Apperson, Martin H. Manser
To make ducks and drakes of money = To squander it. [1585: Nomenclator, 299, A stone throwne into the water, and making circles yer it sinke...
Dictionary of phrase and fable. [A dictionary of English literature] by W.D. Adams, with additions (1885)
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
To throw it away as stones with whloh " ducks and drakes " are made on water. The simile is suggested by the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ducks and Drakes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ducks and Drakes
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Ducks and Drakes
Ducks and drakes Meaning
Video shows what ducks and drakes means. A pastime of throwing flat stones across water so as to make them bounce off the surface.. squandering of ...